How can I build my Client base?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amya

Reaction score
just want to say hi as i have just joined.
i have been doing nails for about 1 year. but am having problems getting clients as i am a mobile nail tech. i am qualified in all nail areas,but i just offer manicure, pedicure, gel overlays, gel extenions and eyebrow/facial threading.
is there anyone who is near by to me, hertfordshire area st.albans/watford? if so i would like to get in touch, as not many people at all use le chat and not alot of people know about it. would love to chat?
thanks amy :)

welcome to the site x

Hello! welcome to the site....... you'll soon be addicted like the rest of us lol!!

Welcome to the site xxx

Hi Amya

I know of one lady on here who uses Le Chat - she is based in Ellesmere Port here on the Wirral.. I forget her username though, I haven't been on for a while.

Welcome to Salon Geek! :hug:

Welcome to the site Amy :hug:

Although based in Northampton, angel fingers uses Le Chat.

welcome to the site.

welcome to the site:hug:

welcome and hope you enjoy....

Re clients - I have gotten most of mine through school and word o mouth. Its been just over 2 years now and i can manage it part time. Have you advertised anywhere?

Can't help with the nails I am afraid, but just want to say hi and welcome.

Welcome to the site :)

Welcome to the site hun hope you find lots useful information on here. xx

well i have have buisness cards printed and left in florists (wedding work etc..) i have posted leaflets through peoples doors but i just havent got the response that i had been hopeing for? i am quite dissapointed as i do a lovely set of nails with no problems at all, especially with not much experience. is it only me or is there other people in the same situation? how many clients do you all have... please give me som info... thanks xx :confused:

Was going to mention a leaflet drop too! Welcome x

welcome to the site...enjoy it :hug:

well i have have buisness cards printed and left in florists (wedding work etc..) i have posted leaflets through peoples doors but i just havent got the response that i had been hopeing for? i am quite dissapointed as i do a lovely set of nails with no problems at all, especially with not much experience. is it only me or is there other people in the same situation? how many clients do you all have... please give me som info... thanks xx :confused:
Hi welcome to the site, I know it's hard when you're just starting off. I'll be having to advertise shortly once I find a room to rent. There's lots of info on this site. At the top right of the homepage there is a search facility. Any questions you have I am sure there will be an answer there for you. have you advertised in any wedding magazines, I know this can be pricey also yell.co.uk could be a good source aswell. Another user of Le Chat is Danger Mouse and is based in Herfordshire. Sorry I can't be helpful.:hug:

Last edited:
Welcome to the site , it's very addictive.:lol:

Hey welcome to the site, cant help with the nails sorry. You will soon be as addicted to this site as the rest of us are.

Trish :hug:

Well first of all a huge hello and hope you love the site...x

Am new to this site also and have found it amazing so far and extreamly supportive.....

I have just moved from manchester to a place just outside of the lake district with my new partner... i have been here now working from just before christmas i was unsure what to do as i have had a very successful salon for the last 12 years so it was just like starting all over again for me....

So i decided that i would do all the normal stuff like flyers, cards in windows....and all the rest but i had a little brain wave i managed to find a local bar that was happy for me to use a corner for an afternoon and i advertised in the local paper that i needed models for photograph for nails in return for modeling they would get a free set of nails or nail art or natural nail's f&p or nail art... i asked for all kinds of models as i wanted real people.... ( local papers will usually do a free feature on you if you push hard enough) i said there was no charge for any of the treatments but if anyone wanted to make a donation to Breast Cancer Care that would be great.. i asked a friend to take photo's ( so where ok but hey this was not the point of the day)i was only expecting to get a handful of peeps but i was inundated....The landlaord was happy selling drinks and people waited for thier turn... now this may sound as if it was costly to me .. it was sort of but i had my appointment book with me and made almost 70% rebookings for thier next treatments... plus i raised £347.23 for charity.... well sorry was a long reply but it worked well for me and now i am busy from recomendations mostly... good luck.hope this helps..H x

Welcome to geekland. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

I think Helen's idea was fantastic! Give it a try - you've nothing to lose and everything to gain.:hug:

Latest posts

Back