How Can I Do My Own Right Hand Nails???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorrineC

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am having trouble doing my nails on my right hand... I am right handed of course so my left hand looks great but i cannot do the same on my other hand!

My left hand will just not coordinate!

Can you give me any tips to make doing this any easier?

Thanks so much... :green:

Hi All,

I am having trouble doing my nails on my right hand... I am right handed of course so my left hand looks great but i cannot do the same on my other hand!

My left hand will just not coordinate!

Can you give me any tips to make doing this any easier?

Thanks so much... :green:

You are in a bit of a pickle if you can't use your left hand really but some people use French well-less tips to avoid having to do the smile line and some apply the white to the tips before applying the tips!

You are in a bit of a pickle if you can't use your left hand really but some people use French well-less tips to avoid having to do the smile line and some apply the white to the tips before applying the tips!

I have done both of the above :D Poppits also make doing your own nails a dream,hth's

Yep I have done these 2 methods aswell, I am cack handed doing my own nails, god knows why!! lol! I also find that if I want a coloured tip, I just apply the white performance tip anyway and follow the smile with my product, that computes much better in my brain, a bit odd, but the result is always 100% better!

xxxxx:hug:

Practice 'till you drop is the key (I dropped a few times allready, :lol:), but besides the well-less white tips, there are also well-less natural and clear tips. For the coloured and glitter French.

You could also do a little fading (no smile line required!)?

Goodluck!

This is one case where practice really helps. I started out using white tips, thinking I could NEVER do a smile line with my wrong hand. Now I can do it quite well.

My problem though, is that I have a little trouble capping the far side of a few fingers. But I feel I will get that right too!

Also using your wrong hand for tricky tasks, improves the functioning of your brain and may even help stave off memory loss and degeneration, so I say all the more reason to keep working at it!

i do my whites with a brush on gel which you can use over the top of l&p.its just like a white nail varnish except you get more playing time,i love it.ive never even attempted to do pink and white on my own nails as im still practicing doing them on tips.hth

A bottle of wine + a quiet house + about three hours spare time = my own nails done and looking peachy haha!

I usually just do a clear overlay on my own , and then paint them with varnish or put a coloured Bio sculpture gel on ,so much easier than faffing around with those smile lines.:)

It sounds odd, but I still do my right hand, by keep the control of any movement with my right hand IYKWIM.

Basically I load the brush with product in my left hand, and then anchor my left elbow to wrist firmly on the table and bring in the finger I want to 'do' from ly left hand in to the brush, and then move the finger instead of the brush. I find it easier to control the small movements needed that way.

Or a slightly alternative way is to hold your hand up (palm facing you), fingers curled over and therefore free edges facing down and presented like a clients fingers. That again is easier than try to do them hand flat on a table.

And BY FAR the best tip I was ever given for doing my 'bad hand'........do it first! I used to do the easy hand first and dread moving on to the other, but if you do you bad hand first, you aren't trying to control a brush with brand new long enhancments on the your good hand!

I am left handed and I would naturally do my right hand first then my left....

I found that by the time I got to doing my left hand I was fed up and tired so I would do my most difficult hand when I had the least patience!!!!

So now I do that hand first....and completely finish it before I start on my other hand...that way although I lack the enthusiasm to do my 'bad' hand....I still have the control.

I hope that made some sense :lol:

I am left handed and I would naturally do my right hand first then my left....

I found that by the time I got to doing my left hand I was fed up and tired so I would do my most difficult hand when I had the least patience!!!!

So now I do that hand first....and completely finish it before I start on my other hand...that way although I lack the enthusiasm to do my 'bad' hand....I still have the control.

I hope that made some sense :lol:

Me to, I'm a leftie and always do my left hand first. But popits have made it a lot easier.

Aaah, thing is, because the world is geared more towards right handed people, lefties are more ambidextrous than us poor right handed folk! Cos you end up being forced to use your other hand more!

So its easier for you lefty guys to do your wrong hand ...or supposedly!

Blimey....useless trivia everywhere today! :lol:

Absolutely practise makes perfect, I cannot do a thing with my left hand, but all my clients comment on how lovely my nails are, I must agree with others though, do the most difficult hand first, and keep your hand really close to the end of the brush, it helps with control....

Aaah, thing is, because the world is geared more towards right handed people, lefties are more ambidextrous than us poor right handed folk! Cos you end up being forced to use your other hand more!

So its easier for you lefty guys to do your wrong hand ...or supposedly!

Blimey....useless trivia everywhere today! :lol:

Ahhhhhh I knew I was born special :lol:

I have always drawn comments because I am ambidextrous. How lucky is that? It comes from having a shattered left hand (I'm a lefty) and having to be able to write or lose the job I had at the time. Amazing how you can use your weak hand when forced to
Cheers
Karen

Practice, practice and a lot more practising!! Trust me....take your time and be calm about it...nothing worse than trying to get that even smile when your about to go out and rushing around!! I tried it everyday for a month...don't mean to blow my own trumpet here but they turn out pretty darn fine these days...even if I do day so myself!!

i totally agree with using your wrong hand first.this is what i do for everything when im doing my own nails as i always think that if i can do it use my wrong hand then i can definately do it using my right hand.i now find im just as comfortable using my wrong hand if not more than my right hand:)

i always find it simpler to use gel when doing my own nails.
i still dont enjoy doing them, but at least i dont have to race against the setting time of liquid and powder.

I have done both of the above :D Poppits also make doing your own nails a dream,hth's

I also am ambidextrous and can write as well with my right hand although not as quickly. HOWEVER nothing beats using PopIts for your own nails. They are done in no time flat and all perfect. It is also great practise for learning how to control them and to do them on others.

Latest posts

Back