How did you meet your partner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a friend's house in Birmingham - after calling in there on the way back from a body painting event in Walsall - wearing only a thong and full body paint (as a yellow devil with orange and red flames)!
Was it you or Sonia in the thong? x
I love my story....

I had been single for a while, my ex was a pig. My friend had supported me through it and was constantly trying to find me a nice guy, which I wasn't up for. She kept mentioning a guy but he lived far away, and she thought we wouldnt maybe get on, but he was a nice guy. So eventually she was saying to me, why don't you start emailing him?! and I wasn't up for it. Then her boyfriend was in the salon one day and he said "right, kim, youve got to email him, hes a great guy, and its such a shame cos hes out in afghanistan just now and they have to queue for hours to get online and it would be nice for hiim to get an email from you!" so I felt like I had to email him....

3 months later (and 57 pages of emails, countless hours on the phone) he came home from Afghanistan and came to meet me. :)

So sweet x

I met my Husband on Yahoo chat! Everybody told us it wouldn't work, but here we are 10 1/5 years of married life, 7 children and numerous businesses later and we're still happy! LOL

7 children, wow I thought I had a lot!!!!

I met mine in an Irish bar in Liverpool, I had just about had enough of men staring down my dress and groping me on the dance floor when I got chatting to a guy. He really impressed me, spoke to me, not my chest and was so lovely. Three years later we are married have a daughter and he says we have 5 kids (not 1), I think it is lovely that he calls my kids his! x

Oh and he's younger than me too wahey!!!!!!

Thank you all for stopping by and leaving comments, it's so lovely to read how you all met and that romance hasn't died! :hug:

I'm the lodger that never left! Mwah ha ha haaaaa! ;0) 5yrs on and still happy, just working on getting my Tiffany's ring now! :)

I met mine in tesco in the DVD isle. Neither of us knew what to buy and ended up meeting afterwards for a drink and cinema. Love him

This thread is a nice read, I'm having a commenting day today I usually just read things because I'm not as fantastic at nails yet as most of the geeks on here, but this I can reply to lol.

Mines not as much of a romantic story as some of these though. I met my boyfriend when he came to see his friend who was my flat mate in freshers week at uni. He was really quiet and left me his number in some post its. I had texted him a few times just as friends and I went out with someone else for a year. Then just after I had split up with my ex he came to see his friend again at uni. We then went on a few dates but he lives quiet a long way away.

We've been together 2 years since then.

Such a nice thread.

I met my boyfriend when I was 16 and worked in an amusement park. Ended up going on 1 date with his best friend.

8 years later we get talking and 2 years on were still together and recently attended the best friends wedding.

Aww such lovely stories :Love:
I met my other half in a pub, one of my best friends was really close with his best friends girlfriend but he'd stopped coming out and things when him and his ex split up the first words I heard him say were "no she wasn't a stripper she was just a dancer" and we didnt actually speak till our third meeting where we hit it off straight away and I forced him to carry me home (my feet hurt) we swapped numbers and that was it...we went to the cinema and been together since...

This is a lovely thread i have loved reading everyones stories sooo sweet:D

I met my partner 5 years ago when we were both 17, i had just started dating someone else, but i noticed this gorgeous fella across the way going out for jogs, then he was on my bus on the way home from college after a couple of weeks it got to the point where we were going to the shop at the corner at the same time everyday (4 oclock), he always kept glancing at me and i was going red lol, so on this particular day he was out for a jog and I was out for a walk and I saw him and my heart started beating and I dnt know what took over but i shouting this big almightly OI YOU COME HERE lol and he walked across the road, and we stood for 5 hours talking!!! It was like had always knew each other it was lovely.

5 years on we are still as happy and in love we live together and have a 2 year old boy he is without a doubt my best friend

thought id share
Kathryn :D

This is a lovely thread i have loved reading everyones stories sooo sweet:D

I met my partner 5 years ago when we were both 17, i had just started dating someone else, but i noticed this gorgeous fella across the way going out for jogs, then he was on my bus on the way home from college after a couple of weeks it got to the point where we were going to the shop at the corner at the same time everyday (4 oclock), he always kept glancing at me and i was going red lol, so on this particular day he was out for a jog and I was out for a walk and I saw him and my heart started beating and I dnt know what took over but i shouting this big almightly OI YOU COME HERE lol and he walked across the road, and we stood for 5 hours talking!!! It was like had always knew each other it was lovely.

5 years on we are still as happy and in love we live together and have a 2 year old boy he is without a doubt my best friend

thought id share
Kathryn :D

This is a super adorable story!

At school.
When we were 6.

I meet my husband while I was on holiday in Mexico. He was from Scotland and I was from london . After 3 months of knowing him I moved to Scotland - it was nerve racking as I was close to my family and had good friends and a good job . But hey it worked out . We have been together in Scotland for 15 years and have 3 lovely children . It was a risk but glad I took it :))

In a petrol station, I was working there to make ends meet after separating from my first husband, he came in for ciggies....... I asked him for ID and he asked for my phone number...... i made him wait 3 months for the number and a first date pmsl..... we have been together for 17 years and married for 15 years ..... bless him xxxx

I met my partner while i was working behind a bar. He bought a redbull, joked about the price and he smiled. Thats when a fell for him. We didnt get a chance to talk so as my friend knew him through her boyfriend she gave him my number. He text me on my 19th birthday and 3 years later we live together and are getting married next year. All started with a smile and a red bull! Not too exciting but thought I'd share. Lol x

I met Mark online, we chatted for a month then met up. Long funny story but on phone not laptop so can't write much. But we marry on our 5th yr anniversary in September

I'm single so no story from me, but I thought I'd tell you my sisters since it's my fault they're together..:biggrin:

My sister found her soon to be husband (getting married in Sept) on facebook - or I should say, he found her...

The town that we grew up in, we have childhood friends that we have got into contact with through facebook that we haven't seen in years. One of the boys my sister went to school with was going through a mutual friends friend list. He came across me and the name rung a bell - he wondered if I was her sister. So he went through my friends list and found my sister. They dated for a week when they were 13 - first boy she ever kissed - so it's her first ever boyfriend she is marrying in September. A wedding 30 years in the making...

It's nice to see alot of happily married people : )))
I brought an apartment when I was 19 and worked three jobs the best part of 5 years to run it and pay my mortgage!! It was hard!
I then got fed up as I never went out or saw people (I worked in a bar also) so I thought sod it, what is this Internet dating about then!
I was only 22 but I was very grown up for my age!
I set my profile up on a dating site on Wednesday, started talking to my partner on Thursday, met him on Saturday and deleted my profile on Sunday!
I've now moved 100 miles to live with him, had his baby who we love to bits and are mega happy!!
We are totally opposites BUT it works!!! We make each other laugh and I love him to bits!! We've been together 2 and half yrs!

Love xx

Latest posts

Back