How did you meet your prince or princess charming?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffacake
snap Jen! I downloaded my hubby from an internet chat room!! best thing that ever happened to me

same here 7 yrs and still going strong i was going thru a horrid divorce at that time and he is my rock

I met Alex on a motorcycle ride out!
A whole load of us arranged to meet at Fox's Diner near Wallingford (Oxfordshire) and he showed up on a ratty old XBR500 (500cc single cylinder). I thought he was rather cute but thought no more of it. We all went out on another ride out and he offered to fit my heated grips. Then he and I went out on a ride on our own and I thought "oooooooooo", but he was with someone else so I backed off. It transpired that they were drifting apart (she's not at all into bikes) and he had decided that it was time to end that dalliance and take up with me. One ride we went on we lay in a field in the night and stared at the night sky - tres romantic!
A few weeks later I had a phone call from him at 2230hrs saying "I'm in your kitchen" (I was rubbish at locking the back door!) and that was that. Three years on and we're still nauseatingly in love.
Oh yes, he's 20 years younger than me :)

There was recently a thread on "married or not" and it was really nice and interesting to read the different views and also the sweet (and sometimes not so sweet stories) of what some of you had to go through to find prince charming......

So i was wondering how interesting it could be to find out how and where you met? I bet there are some real love stories out there???

Let's see who has got the craziest or most wonderful story?

Its all very well you posing this question Britta... so what is your story then? Have you found your prince charming with Mr Brooker? :hug:

We first met when we were 13 and he was the 'new boy' in year 8 at high school... he was small, ginger and very cheeky. He asked me out back then and I refused (because a guy shorter than me makes me feel nervous, he was like 4ft5 and I was 5ft7) but he was very persistant. We left school and lost contact for a few years.

Then when I was 19 I found out I had DVT and was on the way to hospital when I bumped into him and he gave me his number.. we kept in touch via text until beginning of 2007 (3 years later) he got drunk and told me how he felt via text but I had a boyfriend. STILL didn't give up, when my dad died in March 2007 he was there for me, even sent me jokes to check I was okay and to make me smile..

My boyfriend didnt care, called me a drama queen and miserable cow when I cried over the loss of my dad so I finished him and realised Simon was the only one who had supported, cared and was there for me through everything, so when he found out I had broken up with my ex he asked me out again and I said Yes.

Been together a year and 3 months now, and been engaged for about a month.

He waited 10 years for me..and I am glad he did!

He's also only half an inch shorter than me now! :o

Last edited:
Its all very well you posing this question Britta... so what is your story then? Have you found your prince charming with Mr Brooker? :hug:

Of course I have! (what else can I say when he is watching!!) no just kidding.....to be honest it was a very rough ride for both of us and everyone else involved but I would do it all again - every painful and happy minute of it!!!!

But the question of how we met? You wouldnt believe it - it was a mixture and combination of work and phone and email but meeting???? no we didnt! but you wouldnt believe that would you?:lol:

It was the Valentines ball in the corprals mess at our new unit and T**t face, my first oh, dragged me over to meet his mate Paul, Paul was very drunk, very loud, and nearly broke my arm when he dragged me onto the dance floor to jive:irked: Later on T**t face said what to you think of my mate Paul and I said, 'you can keep that drunken bum away from me' Every time we met he was drunk:rolleyes: for the next 6 months:eek: Then the guy who was teaching me to drive got sent to Tin city for his N I training and I needed a few more lessons before taking my test and the best instructor on camp was the drunken bum:irked: So I finally met him sober, I passed my driving test, gained my best friend and married him 3 years later, that was back in 1985 and I'm still married to the drunken bum:green: Who doesn't drink anymore :rolleyes::lol:

Last edited:
I met the lovely claire on a online meeting sire for such ladies!!! Lol, I have to admit, I was fully intending on simply broadening my social circle and was determind NOT to meet potential gf's this way!!

However she messaged me and I thought "oooh look at that lovely smile!!" and messaged her back!! (and then she messaged me back and then I messaged her, then we msn'd, emailed and texted pretty much from 7am until midnight most nights until we finally met 3 weeks later) She is my soul mate, weird story not exactly typical fairytale but she is my princess!!!
:green:

I known my hubby since I was 13, he was one of my brothers mates.
I was seeing this other lad when I was 15 and I didn't like him that much so I asked Nick to pretend he'd asked me out so I could get rid of the other lad, and while we were pretending we decided to carry on. We have been together 23 extremely happy years he is my soul mate, which sounds corney but we had crossed paths since we were both babies-really strange :Kissing:

Met my hubs in a pub - Strawberry Moons.

He was with some mates and they were drifting from one group of girls to another, they got to us and stopped.

I thought he fancied my mate but it was me walking away with his number at the end of the night.

14 years on (12 of those married), 2 lovely boys and still going strong xx

Well I guess even though I'm a newbie, it's ok to post a reply here.
I met my husband online actually. I was doing a low carb eating plan, he was thinking about it and we met on a low carb forum.
Started chatting through private messaging, then yahoo instant messenger, then phone calls. He lived 6 hours away, drove to WV to see me. I moved in with him not too long after that, we've been together for 4 years now and have a beautiful 2 year old boy.

I met my Mr.Perfect on Match.com on the internet, no need to use the ' if you dont find a match in 6 months we'll give you 6 months free'. I found him in 3 months and I couldnt be happier!!!!!!
ARRRRRHHHH cute eh!

I saw my husbands gorgeous face smiling out at me from a well known internet dating site, and clicked him inot my favourites. Little did I know that 'they' could see you'd done so, and before I knew it he'd messaged me.....I now say I flutteed my virtual eyelashes at him!!

Before I met him I had three rules in life....I never dated soldiers, I wouldn't go near Aldershot and I woud never have a camping holiday. 18 months later I was married to a soldier, living in Aldershot with a tent in the garage....oh how things change! :lol:

Latest posts

Back