How do you apply eyebow wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelina221

Master Lash Tech
Reaction score
Was just wondering what you all use to apply wax to the eyebrows. I have used facial spatulas and plastic spoon thingys but still prefer to use an orange stick.
Was wondering if anyone used something they found really easy especially for use with non-strip wax.

I use wooden coffee stirrers from mcdonalds they are perfect for the job. They have a rounded end so are less sharp than orange sticks!!
(just dont ask how I get them!! :lol:)

I use an orange stick.

Hi I use half a normal wax spatular for strip wax and an orange stick for non strip. Like the idea of the Mc donalds sticks, may have to get my son on the case.:lol:

Hey hun,
I use an orange stick also:hug:

Orange stick ,,

I either use the smaller spatulas that are made for this purpose or snap a regular one in half length ways,
i wouldn't use coffee stirrers from coffee shops etc as lots of people have touched them so they are not hygienic and they are not as smooth as the ones made for the job.

I buy 200 wooden coffee sticks at the dollar store, they are long enough to even break in half, I only do this when working with a full pot of wax. They are a little thicker than the orange wood stick, they work great and very cost effective.

i buy small sticks from capital hair and beauty, they are about a pound for 100
they are thiner than maccy d's and its cheaper to buy them than steal them.

These are what I use for my brow waxing... cheep as chips and they are a nice smooth stick and very workable on smaller areas.

1000 for £2.50 ish 5.5inch sticks. See link ----->

They are like the M'd sticks but come sealed in their packaging.

:hug:

These are what I use for my brow waxing... cheep as chips and they are a nice smooth stick and very workable on smaller areas.

Fab, thanks for posting that link.That is a great price! To be honest I don't think it matters what they are meant for at the end of the day they are all just a bit of wood but I really couldn't bring myself to get some from mac d's. I wont even stir my tea with anything that isn't sealed. Can you imagine someone going to the toilet then putting their hands over them. Yuk!!
Treat other people as you wish to be treated is my motto.
No offence to anyone that does get them from Mac d's though, that's up to you :hug: xxx

I use a metal implement from sukar sugaring - it looks a bit like a dual end cuticle pusher but the ends are toally thin and flat like spatulas but small just perfect for eyebrow waxing and also it cleans up real easy

I havn't used anything else since I bought it a couple years ago from GMEX show

am not sure who sells sukar sugaring products or if they even still trading

but it does look very similar to this picture I found on web

11162.jpg

I know also that supercover cosmetics do a stainless steel spatula which is similar aswell

not sure I would split a spatula in half - doesnt it have sharp bits where its split - especially as buying a box of the wooden coffee stirrers which are the right size are only a couple of quid for approx 1000 when I have just done a google search

x

Thanks for that link. They look just the job and have just ordered some :)

I use a cotton bud

ive tried all different ways and i find this easiest.

I split a spatula length ways so that I have a pointed edge.......gotta have a pointed edge. xxx

I also use the coffee stirrers from Mcdonalds for eyebrow & lip waxes, they are the perfect size & i just shove a handful in my bag when ever im in there! Cheap & practical!
:lol:

I use a metal implement from sukar sugaring - it looks a bit like a dual end cuticle pusher but the ends are toally thin and flat like spatulas but small just perfect for eyebrow waxing and also it cleans up real easy

I havn't used anything else since I bought it a couple years ago from GMEX show

am not sure who sells sukar sugaring products or if they even still trading

but it does look very similar to this picture I found on web

11162.jpg

I know also that supercover cosmetics do a stainless steel spatula which is similar aswell

not sure I would split a spatula in half - doesnt it have sharp bits where its split - especially as buying a box of the wooden coffee stirrers which are the right size are only a couple of quid for approx 1000 when I have just done a google search

x

this looks similar to the bio sculpture gel stirer (except that only has one side) i may have to get a spare one to use for eyebrow waxes!! thanks

I also use the coffee stirrers from Mcdonalds for eyebrow & lip waxes, they are the perfect size & i just shove a handful in my bag when ever im in there! Cheap & practical!
:lol:

Sorry but I don't see how using coffee stirrers from Mc d's is practical in any way? People have had their hands all over them. Would you really like to have toilet germs all over your face?
They are cheap enough to buy without having to steal them. Sorry but I don't think this is a very professional thing for newbie geeks to be reading let alone all of your clients that can easily come on here and read these things too xxx

I use a cotton bud

ive tried all different ways and i find this easiest.

Hey

Iv never heard of doin it this way how do you stop the fluff sticking?

xxx

I split a normal sized one in half lengthways....does the job grand for me

Hth

Latest posts

Back