How groomed are YOUR nails??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How groomed are YOUR nails?

• Always have nail enhancements

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • Always have a nno

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • sometimes manicured sometimes nno/enhancements

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • always manicured & painted/natural

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • most of the time are in need of a manicure!!

Votes: 18 21.7%

• Total voters

shellpink

Reaction score
Was just thinking today how in need of a manicure my own nails are! Not very good is it!!? I do try to make an effort most of the time (I live a french polish) but have neglected them a bit lately. Just as well Im still training, they will deffinately be groomed when Im working!!

What sort of state are YOUR nails in. Are you always a good advert!

Last edited:
I have my nails done about 90% of the time, I wear enamel/NNO/enhancements, I dont keep them the same for longer than 2 weeks.

Its always good to have your nails done if you are a Technician, self advertising etc!

xxxx:hug:

I went for the third option also, I always have at least manicured polished nails unless I am ill :lol:

well my nails are au naturel! bit too au naturel.
I keep them cut short as I do a lot of massage.
I keep them gently filed to avoid any sharp corners or hang nail.

I sometimes slap a bit of top coat on to give them a sheen.

but this is about to change! I did a mani course last Tuesday and am about to give myself my first manicue. Looking forward to giving them a buff and see about nail varnish then.

I always try and keep my enhancements on but I have two english bull terriers one of which i show and had a big show this weekend and lost one. Must get it sorted asap. lol :):)

now my nails are always manicured and either natural or with a french polish

but I really should start wearing polish and a bit of nail art

I always wear Brisa gels nad work to keep them tip top.

My clients always comment on them, whatever I am currently wearing. I regard it as an important part of my business:)

I always wear l&p enhancements, long and with lots of nail art. Feel naked without them!

I'm very ashamed to say my nails are not too great at the mo. I can't have them long or painted for work but when I'm not at work I try to keep them painted with at least a base coat. I am really going to try and get them in to a better condition. My toe nails are always imaculate though ~ can't stand skanky feet especially in the summer! xx

I always have them 'done' BUT! I cannot do them very well myself! I try to have nno, which is what I have on the moment, but really struggle to get them looking as nice on me as I do on clients!

Any suggestions?

normally a biosculpture colour.... short n dark for me!

French is old hat !

Amb x

Well let's put it this way: You would never guess that I am in an industry that cares for nails the way my hands look!! :smack:

and the bad thing is, I usually have no problem doing my own (it's my practice :lol:) but I have been very lazy lately....and let's not even talk about how badly I am in need of a pedicure!! :eek:

NNO for me and always french...i tend to infill and tidy my nails every 2-3 weeks to keep them looking nice.

Well let's put it this way: You would never guess that I am in an industry that cares for nails the way my hands look!! :smack:

and the bad thing is, I usually have no problem doing my own (it's my practice :lol:) but I have been very lazy lately....and let's not even talk about how badly I am in need of a pedicure!! :eek:

Dont even get me started on the state of my toes lol!!:lol:

Usually i have two different styles on two hands.. crazy, but im always playing.. and even though i have a nail trainer i figure.. why waste it.. at the moment i have...

left hand glitter fade with little purple flowers.. and right hand nno in pink with my wedding finger a long tiger tip..

looks a bit wierd but my clients usually choose from either of the hands i am wearing!

if i have an event coming up i usually make them the same.. but still find people will approach me to ask why.. makes a good talking point!

My toes are always ALWAYS either enhanced or polished.. i never ever EVER walk around without toes on.. lol..

Mine are (almost) always manicured, not always polished, because i do one hand, and if i screw up on the second hand i get frustrated and take it all off!! haha. I'm not allowed polish on during college assessments, so I shouldn't have them painted really but I currently have a french manicure but black and clear instead of pink and white :) I dont like white tips on my nails. If I can upload the pic I will even though its a bad one (rubbish lighting!)

I'm afraid I am gonna look stupid here but what is 'nno'?

Last edited:
Mine are (almost) always manicured, not always polished, because i do one hand, and if i screw up on the second hand i get frustrated and take it all off!! haha. I'm not allowed polish on during college assessments, so I shouldn't have them painted really but I currently have a french manicure but black and clear instead of pink and white :) I dont like white tips on my nails. If I can upload the pic I will even though its a bad one (rubbish lighting!)

I'm afraid I am gonna look stupid here but what is 'nno'?

its natural nail overlay [l/p gel or other]

usually i have an nno with lechat nobility soak off gel on quite long oval nails with glitter and all sorts stuck in !
however i've recently given them the chop and have gone back to square short ones with a soak off colour overlay.

Mine are always enhanced. I have this thing of wearing enhancements until my natural nails are quite long then I'll remove the enhancements, bite my natural nails off (disgusting!) and reapply them, stupid and pointless:rolleyes:

I like to have a play about so I've normally got say, my little fingers, different to the rest and I always have to have a bit of nail art on them.

I look after my toes too but they're barely ever painted. The only time I paint them is in the summer or if I'm going out.

Latest posts

Back