How groomed are YOUR nails??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How groomed are YOUR nails?

• Always have nail enhancements

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • Always have a nno

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • sometimes manicured sometimes nno/enhancements

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • always manicured & painted/natural

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • most of the time are in need of a manicure!!

Votes: 18 21.7%

• Total voters
I am ashamed to say that my nails are a mess. I try to keep them neat but what with work and housework and never looking after them properly they do not look that good, not a very good impression for client's I know, and I do keep meaning to do something.

Trish :hug:

i try to have mine done all the time as i was told may years ago by the great Geeg..." i dont care if you have to stay up till 3am yours should always look good it shows pride and sells".... a great bit of advice that has always stayed with me..( may not be exact words but u get the idea..lol..)...

But they sometimes do get knocked out a shape on very busy days.. i have a habit of filing my thunb nail and first finger.... some days i could point in three different directions...he he ... H x

I always, always have mine enhanced, normally short and natural french, but if i have a special occasion etc, i jazz them up a bit or let them grow, they are after all your walking advertisments.

You geeks are good!! :) come on the rest of you geeks.....do tell x

At the moment I do have red glitter tips. I spice them up every now and then but normally they are natural french nno's. x

LOL My husband always makes fun of me I never paint my nails but i do Pink and Whites my left hand always looks like a five year old has done them....lol Ok so maybe not that bad

Usually got something on my finger nails and if I don't like the look I can always cover them in nail art. Now my toes, well I can honestly say I have never had bare toenails since I was 12 years old, even when pregnant. I hate the look of my toe nails when bare, so it only happens when I've taken the old polish of to put the new one on:lol:

Most of the time mine are done natural french, but I'm thinking of blue glitter tips tonight.

I've just had a lovely manicure & my nails are now gorgeous again :)

Always. Having such a fab tech as a best mate how could I not?:)

I ALWAYS have enhancements as my own nails are pretty dire. I used to be a chronic nail biter, so my nails tend to grow ski jump and flared, although they are getting better the more i wear my enhancements.

Plus, my clients expect me to have immaculate nails and cannot wait to see what design i will have on next. It keeps me on my toes.:)

i wear l&p pink & white but my oh who is taking over my airbrush course uses me to practise on ! i get loads of comments and folks asking where i had them done so i guess he is quite good !!:lol:

oh and i do myself a pedicure every saturday heaven (the only hour i ever get to myself locked in the bathroom!)

Word of warning here:eek:

One of my clients was going on holiday and after her manicure she asked me how to keep her nails nice for the fortnight. I told her to book in to a reputable salon and have a manicure after a week.

When she got back she came in and told me she had gone to a recommended salon and when she saw the girls nails, they were short stumpy and with chipped polish. She walked out and went elsewhere.

Her words were 'Its a relief to get back to someone with beautiful nails who knows how to make my nails beautiful'

I hate doing my own rebalances but it somehow made it all worthwhile:lol:

well my nails are au naturel! bit too au naturel.
I keep them cut short as I do a lot of massage.
I keep them gently filed to avoid any sharp corners or hang nail.
DITTO!!
Mine are only about 1-2 millimeters. Mega mega short because otherwise my clients end up with fingernail marks or I scratch them (& then I'd have to charge them extra for that kind of massage :wink2:)

Sometimes I'll paint them bright red or black if I'm going out.

At least they look tidy. Cuticles pushed back, clean. Used to be a terrible nail biter until my near death experience late last year and it's cured me. Weird I know.

I chose "always have enhancements".

I am sporting an NNO, and have done for some time.
BUT sometimes for the heck of it, I lop them all off and resculpt.
don't know why, I just do.

ALTHOUGH they are desperate for a rebalance right now.
They are at 3.5wks, and I simply haven't had the time. They will likely be 4wks by the time I get to them. There was a time I changed them weekly out of boredom, now I don't because A) no time B)I can't decide what I want to do and am tired of sporting the same designs, so try to think of something new.

Also, by the time I have a night to do mine, I'm tired of it, and really just want the night off to sit and do something NOT nails. Not that I get tired of nails, just the whole working aspect, if that makes any kind of crazy sense?
I could do clients all day long. It's my own nails that I can't be bothered with
BUT because they are 'advertising'... I try to maintain them as best as I can.
BOY am I contradicting myself HAHAHA

I WISH I had a geek nearby, where we could trade off services. Doing my own takes twice as long as doing someone else's. Probably why I can't be bothered.

ok, done rambling now
LOL

(ps: they are SUPER long right now... and have lift on the right because I STINK doing my right hand ,aka wrong hand, and usually get about 2fingers lifting on my right from getting too close to the skin errrrrrrrr)

Last edited:
Well I have just managed to do my own l&P for the very first time so im wearing natural tips with a pink overlay....but they are rather flat ..... But hey ho!

I will do better next time.

Champagne Must Try Harder x

Always have my nails NNO with pink & then with art when I get chance!! Some times glitter tips also. Have them long at the mo but will be going short in September for a course but will still overlay them plus a little bling!! Infill every 2-3 weeks & always have my toes painted & art on big toes!! Sometimes don't feel like it but presentation is a lot to me & would feel awful if I didn't!! :)

OMG just realised how old this thread is March (flat nails by ME !!! ) Lmaoooo

Pleased to announce no more flat nails lol

I now have the problem of getting time to do my own ...

Last edited:
I always make it a point of duty to have my nails done

Latest posts

Back