How to apply pre made tips... (PICS)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I made these for my Sister-in-Law & we are going to put them on her fingers tomorrow & I can't wait because they are so cute. I will post them. Now you can't see but my Sister-in-Law has very dinky nails. I have to shave the # 10 pinky nails down so they fit & her thumb nail is a # 4 so you can imagine how dinky they are since a #4 nail is my middle finger... lol

100_4963-1.jpg

Sorry I have this one on a nother web page but still good info... =]

After you make the tips glue them on.
100_4965-1.jpg

Cut the rest of the tip off that has no acrylic on it.
100_4966-1.jpg

Then cap the tip in clear acrylic.
100_4967-1.jpg

Put your pink acrylic in the back.
100_4968-1.jpg

File, buff, & add clear top coat & walla beautiful nails... =]
100_4969-1.jpg

100_4970-1.jpg

Wow, they are really pretty nails, I would never be able to do anything like that yet! Well done xx

It is a very pretty design but the free edge after all the finishing looks very bulky and wide.

Wow those are cool. We did so much with gel in school here and a bit of acrylic but I assume this is acrylic?? Do you pre make the tip then? like not on the nail? sorry I don't totally get that. Then you glue the tip on and finish?
It looks cool.

wow they are totally gorgeous i would not be able to do those yet id love to try tho, how did you do the design? is it acrylic??

these are groovy, a good use of time since you can complete the most time consuming part whenever its convenient before the client comes in.

i dont 100% love the flared shape, but i know that your clients do so i say each to their own and whatever earns you a living.

The colours and the design is very pretty. I must admit if I want something a bit different on my own nails I do apply the design or acrylic to the tips before I apply them to my nails especially if I want crisp glitter smile on my non dominant hand. It works a treat.

Those are really cool Angela- And i agree, what a time saver if you know thats what they want in advance! I may have to go play a bit with that idea ;)

loubylou said It is a very pretty design but the free edge after all the finishing looks very bulky and wide.
totally agree!!!!! I don't mean to offend but fist of all try to think about how your nails look like and then what design you can do on them. My opinion...

totally agree!!!!! I don't mean to offend but fist of all try to think about how your nails look like and then what design you can do on them. My opinion...

It's my Sister-in-Laws nails & she likes this shape to make her fingers look a little bigger because they are very small, I mean she is only 4foot 11inches tall... lol

Like I said in the beginning you can't see how small her fingers are & her thumb nail is the size of my middle finger.

A lot of young girls like the California Flair which is very wide & I have a lot of those in my photo album if you would like to look. I also do narrow nails & stilettos to which I am really addicted too.

I do have a How Too on the Candy Swirl nails if you would like to see it. I can try to post it but it has too many steps to it & I will have to figure out a way to minimize it... =]

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate every ones opinion... =]:green:

Well...taste are different... proved again... I guess if your clients like it it all you need!

these are groovy, a good use of time since you can complete the most time consuming part whenever its convenient before the client comes in.

i dont 100% love the flared shape, but i know that your clients do so i say each to their own and whatever earns you a living.

The idea is great :), but agree about the shape of the nails and the right proportion of the designed free edge and nail plate. I assume we should recommend, teach and educate our clients to understand the beauty of nails.
Good luck :)

Im not keen on the California Flair but the design is really lovely! I'll have to have a little play myself at pre made tips...great time saving idea and something i can do for my own nails. :)
I noticed in the very first pic that the tips dont look like they have a crisp smile line but in the other pic where they have been glued on, it has a crisp smile line. Can you please share how you created the smile please? :)

Great idea for a special occasion....would you rebalance these?

Im not keen on the California Flair but the design is really lovely! I'll have to have a little play myself at pre made tips...great time saving idea and something i can do for my own nails. :)
I noticed in the very first pic that the tips dont look like they have a crisp smile line but in the other pic where they have been glued on, it has a crisp smile line. Can you please share how you created the smile please? :)

I had to drill the smile line on the tip first before I glued it to the nail...=]

Great idea for a special occasion....would you rebalance these?

I do not rebalance these kind of nails. I glued them high on her nail bed so when she comes in for a 2 week fill I only fill in the nail beds & then in another 2 weeks if she still wants to keep them I add a little bit of shimmer glitter to the smile line to rebalance it... =]

Wow Cool I love em I like that they are different a change from pink & white.:)

I do have a How Too on the Candy Swirl nails if you would like to see it. I can try to post it but it has too many steps to it & I will have to figure out a way to minimize it... =]

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate every ones opinion... =]:green:

I would love a How to!!! I do a lot with gel like I said, but am very intrigued by the acrylic in this. With acrylics can you do each color and not have to cure in between? anyway, so cool. you could send me the how to if that works? ha

I've been through your album and it's a beautiful nail art, especially that Christmas nails. Ok, that flared look poked my eye but, if it pays your bills, so, who am I to disagree? :green: Me first wouldn't be able to produce a set of those if chalenged :green:

But one thing I must ask:
I've seen some really, really long nails. Are those 'one occasion' nails, or? I mean, nails are weaker if the free edge is longer than the nail bed and I've seen some really looong free edges... how often are they rebalanced? And when they do come for rebalance, in what condition are they?

mari

what a great idea,the design is very pretty and i really like the colours you have used,is it l&p and how did you do the design?x

Latest posts

Back