I Feel Like a Fraud.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely not a fraud. Lots of geeks have other little jobs also, myself included.:hug:
When we first moved to our new house, I needed to have a small income that I could prove was regular for the mortgage company. I still keep a part time job, 2 days a week as the guaranteed money is very useful now we're extending the house. My money pays for small treats for the kids, Chemistry camp:eek: etc. We only get one chance to bring our kids up. I say do whatever you have to. :hug: Nails will always be there for us. Congrats on your comp placing by the way.:green:

sassy is right..

everyone has a purpose and a role in this world....

Only yourself can judge how important you are.... no one else has the right or in a position to tell you otherwise.

sending you big :hug: .

First of all, I understand a bit where you're coming from.

As a stay at home mom, trying to help hubby with the bills... it's not always easy.

I do nails.
I do hairdressing.
I do housekeeping.
I do computer work for pals.
etc.....

if it pays the bills and is honest work, WHY NOT?

It doesnt make you a fraud. It makes you a responsible mom, doing what needs to be done until such time as you have a full book.

And so what if you're cleaning a toilet. It pays the bills. Someone's gotta do it.

I still get grief "why don't you go back to work?":rolleyes: I used to work as an office admin/exec assistant for 45k/yr plus benefits and bonuses and overtime. In an investment firm. Mega overtime, mega stress...............
Never want to go back to that life. Never seeing my hubby....

You're doing a wonderful job and PPPHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTT on anyone that dares to question or judge.
By choosing to be a nail tech, you are choosing your own destiny and have a say in it, rather than answering to someone else.
All the more power to you! But as you know, it's a slow uphill climb to be able to say "I'm a nail tech" and be only that.

hang in there, and #$%^&* to anyone that opens their fat mouth.

Ditto what carl said about cursing her with crappy nails
:lol:

Dont you let that up her self woman get to you, there is nothing wrong with cleaning at all! oh people like her make me mad!!!! my mum was a single parent and always did the best for me working hard at jobs she did'nt like to take care of me and there is nothing wrong with that! I have only started my own business doing nails and I do glamour modelling on the side to make extra money, does'nt mean to say just coz we dont have work as Nail Technicians all the time that we are not..... I saw pah! to these horrid people and hope you win this competition.
Lots of luck :hug:

I've been thinking about a comment one of the girls I work with made to me a few days ago.

I work 2 days a week at the Airport, helping out with Accommodation Units, in other words...I'm a cleaner.:grr:

Anyway, when I was telling a lady about my being a Finalist in this Comp at the weekend, she snarly said "Well what are you doing cleaning toilets then?":evil:

As much as I was peed at her, she is right in a way.

I work as much as I can doing nails, days, nights, weekends etc, but it still isn't really enough to feed my kids etc. I'm a single mum and when it boils down to it, I WILL clean whatever I have to, to survive.

So in that way, I know I'm doing the right thing by getting those 4 days a fortnight paid in the bank without the worry etc, but where do I fit with what my occupation is.

I always say "I'm a Nail Tech", I never say "I'm a cleaner", so I'm confused.

What are other Geeks doing for extra income, if nails aren't enough.

I wish some people would think before opening their trashy gobs.

She's probably jealous hun as you have a life outside of your cleaning job and maybe she doesn't.

Not a fraud in my book, a total star infact, I have total admiration for what you do for you and your child.

Big :hug:

Teri x

Well I hope you always tell people that you're a nail tech not a cleaner (not that there's anything wrong with being a cleaner - I'd do it if I needed to) because a nail tech is what you are - and a damn good one by the sound of it. You have to do whatever job works for you when you have a family to care for. As long as it keeps you all safe, warm and fed. But there is no way you should think you are a fraud xx

MMMMM,

So out of 14 days you work 4 outside of nails.
I'd say at a rough guess the rest of the time[take out kids etc] you've got your head down n butt up with a nail mission in hand.
Keep going......... Single mum stuff isn't always fun, but @ least you can follow what youv'e set out to do @ your pace.

:lol: do you have her phone number????
If so ring her & ask her, as your so busy preparing for comp.....
Would she be able to do a couple of hours house cleaning for you!!!!!!
You know just the basics Toilets, Windows, bins washed mmmmmmm maybe the car too depending on time?????

or just do as Carl said.....
Curse da biaaatch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, except I wouldn't do her nails:mad:

XX J XX

Don't let idiots who engage their mouths before their brains upset youxxxxxxxx:hug:

you are by no means a fraud

you are doing what is necessary to provide for your family

take no notice of some silly woman

Sweetie, don't feel like a fraud. I work in an office part time. I don't have kids but there's still bills and rent to pay.

I do understand how you feel, i try and talk work colleagues into becoming clients and I can sometimes see them thinking if you're really that into it, 'why are you not doing it full time?'

I know I will be one day.

Orin

FRAUD????? Eh no, I'm not going to repeat what has been said, but this woman couldn't lace your boots hun. I've been down to the lowest of the low when my first marriage broke up and I had to go homeless, it was the pits, but now I draw on that experience and so what if you clean, my god I done it then ended up up head receptionist in the same hotel :eek:

Take what life flings at you, learn and move on hun, who knows what is around the corner, and yes I would lick the streets for my kids.

Good on you hun :hug:

MMMMM,

So out of 14 days you work 4 outside of nails.
I'd say at a rough guess the rest of the time[take out kids etc] you've got your head down n butt up with a nail mission in hand.
XX J XX

Are you watching me! lol :eek:

I've never really looked at it like that, I am always doing nails apart from those other couple of days.

I'm not ashamed of being a cleaner, not at all, in fact, I'm proud of it, cleaning is a bloody hard, thankless job but where I work we get alot of recognition as we are dealing with companies like Cathay Pacific, United Emirates, China Airlines etc, and alot relies on the Accommodation Units being prepared to a high standard for these Trainee Pilots so I am proud of what we do.

It's just that I hated to admit back in July last year that I needed to take on these extra days of "secure" work, it just made me feel that after 4 years of being a Nail Tech, was I going backwards?

Anyway, thanks for everyone's support, it really is wonderful, and honestly I wouldn't have been able to even enter a competition in the first place without this site and all the fantastic Geeks. xxx

Someone's always watchin mate :lol:

"we get alot of recognition as we are dealing with companies like Cathay Pacific, United Emirates, China Airlines etc, and alot relies on the Accommodation Units being prepared to a high standard for these Trainee Pilots so I am proud of what we do"

There's a good opportunity to leave business cards in drawers & sideboards in said cleaned units right in front of you.
When the bookings start comming in just say your friend works for an airline & helped you out by leaving them there.

We have people that do that for us here in the Shoalhaven.
One of my client's has a carpet cleaning bussiness, they go to alot of holiday accomodation's for all sorts of clientele & help by leaving cards in drawers or with other local info stuff & yep we get feedback & bookings.

Sounds to me like your in the right place really. Just work the room baby:green:

OOOyeh!

XX J XX

I wouldn't feel bad! I'm a registered childminder as well as a nail tech. Doing nails gets you out of the house and some sort of social life. X

Listen, we do what we have to do for our families and you are a lovely person who loves her kids and wants the best for them.

I would do the same in a flash......oh and by the way, your occupation is what YOU say you are. xx

:hug:

There is no shame at what you do hun, you have to be proud woman cuz you do this for your children:hug:

There are some people who take joy in other peoples happiness, and some people who are so miserable in there own lives the only thing they can do to make themselves feel better is to try to bring other people down.Guess which type of person she is.

i am starting a new job next week which i will be doing 6 hrs a day 5 days a week.not that i want to but have 3 kida that are growing quick its not my idea of my dream job but it is a wage.I would love to be able to nails all day but after 3 yrs struggling i aint never going to make enough to enough to pay the bills.I have cleaned worked in supermarkets evenings which i hated but we all do it for our familys it dosent matter what you do to earn a wage its better than sitting on yr butt all day living on benefits what is that showing yr kids.Dont worry what other ppl say you earn yr money thats good enough.My mum has done cleaning for a living all her life and i can tell you she works bloody hard i could;nt do .What i find frustrating is cleaning pays more than ppl like us gets working in a salon.salons round here pay £6.00 an hour as a nail tech if yr lucky the gowing rate for cleaning is about £8.00 or more.

Forget the comment!

A fraud would be someone dossing around their house on the dole, not prepared to do any kind of living to support their child/children!

You do what you have to do - any job is better than none - someone who is prepared to get up and get out there doing anything at all... is worthy of respect. You are teaching your child the importance of working. The easy option would be doing nothing.

Good Luck with the competition xxxxx

Latest posts

Back