Is this the great new "revolution" in enhancements!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too i will not pack it! The only thing i can do is proving i can be more good from the machine!

A very good a valid point mate.
I picture this scenario....
Girl 1 - Do you like my nails Judy did them?
Girl 2 - Ooooh very nice, are they acrylics??
Girl 1 - No she just stuck them on
Girl 2 - What?? You paid Xamount for that??? Next time get some from the chemist and I'll stick them on you for free. You've been ripped off mate, you could have had proper acylics instead. Can't she do them?????

Girl 1 wow look at your gorgeous nails
Girl 2 yes arent they great?
Girl 1 Are they acryilics?
Girl 2 No they are this new system that get a specail nail and bonds it to my nail plate
Girl 1 they are so thin and perfect...How long did they take?
Girl 2 only 30mins and these are 3 weeks old!

PS i do beleive we can buy acrylic form the chemist too so whats to stop your client doing her own acrylics?????
and I can buy hair clolour from the chemist whats to stop me doing it myself and not visiting the hairdresser.

Any product in professional hands is a professional product.

Mel

i mean for them its enough they will have long nails cheeper, and they will be already polished with airbrush, so what leave for us in the future???Doing only man/ped without giving any art???[/quote]

PS Prescription Nails are totally clear so you have to add your own special touch, paint, air brush etc.

Mel

PS Prescription Nails are totally clear so you have to add your own special touch, paint, air brush etc.

Mel

So as they are clear do they have to be painted or can you leave them natural? And what is it that makes them last so much longer than stick ons?

Girl 1 wow look at your gorgeous nails
Girl 2 yes arent they great?
Girl 1 Are they acryilics?
Girl 2 No they are this new system that get a specail nail and bonds it to my nail plate
Girl 1 they are so thin and perfect...How long did they take?
Girl 2 only 30mins and these are 3 weeks old!

PS i do beleive we can buy acrylic form the chemist too so whats to stop your client doing her own acrylics?????
and I can buy hair clolour from the chemist whats to stop me doing it myself and not visiting the hairdresser.

Any product in professional hands is a professional product.

Mel

I give up mate, but I sure have enjoyed our debate.
This is what makes the geek so great.:hug:
Long time since I had such a great debate without a geek going in a huff with me:lol:
Each to their own, it might not work for me but you have to do whatever is right for you.

ok u choose the hair example so i want to give u my example for hair: For me (personal) the prescription nails are like one color hair paint and the other systems are like colored tufts, so if i want to paint my hair one color i can try paint it myself not the big deal if i miss something, but if i want to make colored tufts on my hair i cannot do it myself cuz first if i try i will looks like.... , so if the people had the oprtunity to make it by themselfs(in the future) they will try it and they will be happy they have long nails without careing if exist bubbles,the point is if prescription nails works for u that is great,may be will works and for me,thats why my last post was i want to become more good than one machine, proving my skils and prefering me for that:hug:

Honestly I would have to try them before I would and could pass judgement on these...I am sure there is a skill involved in putting these on so they last and don't cause any problem, but how would you deal with a ski jump nail or any other problem nail? Are they just nails you would use on a perfect nail plate ?
Are they an off the shelf version of the inverted mold?
I am intruiged......
Just a thought.... and they call white tips cheating and not using your Technical skills....I guess as everything in life, it is horses for courses......

Does this product have a website with MSDS we can have a look at? Can the tips be applied with gelbond? Can they be soaked off with buffered acetone. What type of remover has to be used when changing polish? Even non acetone still affects ABS plastic. What are the tips made from? When I tried them, the tips "creased" (you know those white marks when you bend em).
Is it possible to get professional answers, rather than sell, sell, sell?

Ok, you have my attention too ... & I'd really like to see these products.

Are they already in the UK?

How come I havent seen them?

I go to every nail show, Ive not seen any launch here, have I missed it or are they hoping to take over the world quietly?

Btw, your avitar is very small, any chance in seeing a full size picture?

Thanks.

I did look into prescription nails a couple of years ago. I thought it would be good to offer alongside my L&P & gel services, especially as an alternative to party nails. But I found the initial outlay to much for the amount I estimated I would use it.
I must say though that they do take some skill to apply. There is a tech near me that does them. She began to do them because she wasn't sucessful with her L&P, she's not exactly successful with these either.

The nails are removed every 2-3 weeks completely in a special formaula that is not dehydrating like acetone.
the removal process takes 3-5mins.

The website says: With Virtual Nails™ there's no need for fill-ins either. After 2 weeks of wear, you just soak them off for 10-15 minutes in our special “Magic Melt” solution (a special combination of acetone and lanolin)

3-5 minutes is a bit different to 10-15 so I would be interested to know which is closer. To answer one of NailZoo's questions, it would appear that you could soak them off in ordinary tip remover or acetone.

I still do not understand what the "Bond Activator" is for on a press on nail.

I have never seen this system demonstrated in the UK and would love to see it for myself. They certainly look impressive on the website. As I said much earlier in the thread, I think there is a limited market for this, but why not offer it if its what one or two of your clients want?

Latest posts

Back