It's back! Shming Shmong part deux!!! The revenge of the demon nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glynis said:
I am shocked that some of you think that Cillit Bang is too expensive to use as prep. It has a dual purpose as it can also be used as a soak off. The main advantage is that it totally removes the cuticle during soak off (and quite a lot of skin from the finger) thus making it much quicker if you are going to apply a new set of your chosen enhancements. Deffo worth the money and not worth scrimping - your clients deserve the best.

I also like to drill lots of little holes in my enhancements so that the nail beds can breath properly.
OOOOH, thats just brilliance, but is it worth the hassle? If you dont have an electric file can you use a regular DIY drill but with a fine drill bit? Im off to practise.

a great top coat i have found is varnish...not normal floor varnish nooooo it has to be yacht varnish it doesnt yellow or crack....and the good thing is you dont need a uv lamp to cure it...its great for overlays too. dries in 15 minutes to leave a hard covering....and instead of buffing off you just rub with a cotton pad soaked in turps and viola...off...easy as that, its not as superior as the rio system but does just the job and even cheaper.......a great add on service you could charge at least 50 pounds for the privelage :eek:

*JOANNE* said:
a great add on service you could charge at least 50 pounds for the privelage :eek:

Haha now We're talking, lubbly jubbly loadsamoney. I'm only in it for the money so this is music to my ears. Come on guys and girs there's load of you online, there must be some more ideas we can share!

*JOANNE* said:
a great top coat i have found is varnish...not normal floor varnish nooooo it has to be yacht varnish it doesnt yellow or crack....and the good thing is you dont need a uv lamp to cure it...its great for overlays too. dries in 15 minutes to leave a hard covering....and instead of buffing off you just rub with a cotton pad soaked in turps and viola...off...easy as that, its not as superior as the rio system but does just the job and even cheaper.......a great add on service you could charge at least 50 pounds for the privelage :eek:
Hey, the yacht varnish is my idea, but glad to see great minds think alike... where do you find is the cheapest place?

Ok, just a question, why are sooooooo many of us here, online talking nonsense on a monday morning? Shouldnt we all be working? lol...:smack:

tamimac said:
Hey, the yacht varnish is my idea, but glad to see great minds think alike... where do you find is the cheapest place?
tesco homeware section ......smart price range :lol:

tamimac said:
Ok, just a question, why are sooooooo many of us here, online talking nonsense on a monday morning? Shouldnt we all be working? lol...:smack:

It's my day off!

*JOANNE* said:
tesco homeware section ......smart price range :lol:
OOOH goodone, do they have an 'own brand' version, I wouldnt want just throw the money away

ooh and for POW tesco do a great value white paint! xx

tamimac said:
I am at work hun, my kitchen is just next door to the front room where the laptop is......I don't want to waste money renting a room. :smack: Best work from the kitchen at home.....it's really cool as all my clients have to come through the front room and fall over all the childrens toys......it's like home from home for them!!!! We cannot have them too relaxed ... that just wouldn't do. I do feel nails stick better if a client is stressed, there is no idle chit chat and I get them out the door quicker......therefore I can fit more in and just watch the money pile up......thats all I'm in it for!!!! PMSL!!!!!

Im sat here lmao and hubby just given me a strange look....
MEN! hehe loving the ideas, gona put some into practice, afterall cheap products, huge profits is what its all about RIGHT!!

have any of you tried the new and improved 'Fungus look a la scrambled egg nails'?
it's easier than all this fannying about with a brush....
all you need is:-
2 eggs, saucepan, butter, a client and a bit of sandpaper for finishing.

don't worry about this rubbishy prep you've heard so much about, far too much time is wasted by grating the nails.... get the client to crack open the eggs, making sure the shells scrape the surface of her nail (prep done lol), then instead of using a wooden spoon to mix the eggs in the saucepan your client stirs with her fingers, making sure to get the best bits off the bottom of the saucepan... when there's enough scrambled egg on the nail leave to harden for a few minutes, then finish with a quick swipe from the roughest sandpaper you can lay your hands on... rub in a bit of butter and voila... nails good enough to eat with the colour of a good fungal infection thrown in for good measure :D

ValencianNails said:
have any of you tried the new and improved 'Fungus look a la scrambled egg nails'?
it's easier than all this fannying about with a brush....
all you need is:-
2 eggs, saucepan, butter, a client and a bit of sandpaper for finishing.

don't worry about this rubbishy prep you've heard so much about, far too much time is wasted by grating the nails.... get the client to crack open the eggs, making sure the shells scrape the surface of her nail (prep done lol), then instead of using a wooden spoon to mix the eggs in the saucepan your client stirs with her fingers, making sure to get the best bits off the bottom of the saucepan... when there's enough scrambled egg on the nail leave to harden for a few minutes, then finish with a quick swipe from the roughest sandpaper you can lay your hands on... rub in a bit of butter and voila... nails good enough to eat with the colour of a good fungal infection thrown in for good measure :D
OHMIGODIMGONNABESICK

tamimac said:
OHMIGODIMGONNABESICK

LMAO!! Any foreign geeks for whom English is not their first language that says ... Oh my god I'm going to be sick lol!

Sassy Hassy said:
LMAO!! Any foreign geeks for whom English is not their first language that says ... Oh my god I'm going to be sick lol!
Or HUEY!!!!!

naturalnails said:
For all of you who were about in the olden days of these fab kitchenesque nails - would you say your nails have improved and what changes have you made.

I know that the Cillit Bang will be a change as it is pretty new.

well I'm going from strength to strength! I've now been banned from Excel Olympia and Earls Court, pretty solid achievement huh?! I have numerous insurance clains against me - for goodness sakes, I thought using cheap and nasty products and rasping cuticles and nail plates to an inch of their life was de rigeur these days. Blinking ugly man of Claims Direct I blame for all this litigious nonsense.

I am starting to franchise now which is really cool! Oh and Cillit bang has to be the most technological advance this century, I am so in love with Barry, he's my hero :Love:

Sassy Hassy said:
well I'm going from strength to strength! I've now been banned from Excel Olympia and Earls Court, pretty solid achievement huh?! I have numerous insurance clains against me - for goodness sakes, I thought using cheap and nasty products and rasping cuticles and nail plates to an inch of their life was de rigeur these days. Blinking ugly man of Claims Direct I blame for all this litigious nonsense.

I am starting to franchise now which is really cool! Oh and Cillit bang has to be the most technological advance this century, I am so in love with Barry, he's my hero :Love:
I just want know who does his tan, the tango hunk...

tamimac said:
I just want know who does his tan, the tango hunk...
Don't you say anything bad about my Barry he's gorge! I like a man who glows!

If you use Cif mousse it's dual purpose - cleans, sanitises and then move it to zone 1 for your white..... dada!!! Defo the discovery of the year - I may patent it mind....!!!

Vetty said:
If you use Cif mousse it's dual purpose - cleans, sanitises and then move it to zone 1 for your white..... dada!!! Defo the discovery of the year - I may patent it mind....!!!
ha not if I get in there first!

Latest posts

Back