Just a little thought minx charge for clients...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
I have just found this on the guild site.....

Minx is for those who love to stand out from the crowd; Beyonce was Minxed for the American Music Awards and Victoria Beckham was Minxed for her latest birthday splash in LA!

There is loads of minx info on there.....

Beauty Guild : News

If these babies are good enough for Mrs Beckham, then I am soooooo NOT going to undercharge for them,
We all know how Victoria likes to splash out, especially on birthdays...

So my local "bargain buyers" as much as I love them, won't be finding a bargain with minx In me ....

I just thought this was a good point to make...

We all recoiled in horror I think when the lovely Minx ladies said average £30-£35 ...I know I did,
But the more I am thinking about these, they are meant to be special...

Me and Helen were talking after Pamela mentioned her client having her 60Th birthday bash was more than happy to pay this amount of money for the gold minx on her fingernails and her toenails as it was her special day...
We were saying how with all the hype of looking for dresses and shoes
(and black and pink straws Samantha even though I am impressed I didn't need them as the chill factor had them woooo :green: ) was top of our list for the night time event party, as we all wanted to look and feel special...

Would YOU have paid £30 to get a tonne of attention brought to you on that special night ????
I would have (If I wasn't lucky enough to be a nail tech anyway lol)

A pretty dress is a pretty dress.....and AMAZING dress that is a little bit different stands out from the crowds...
(who else couldn't take their eyes off Jan Arnold's top, because it was sooo different and eye catching...she does it so well lol)

Well Minx in my opinion, should be different and eye catching....

I will be charging carefully for these after Christmas when I stock up...
I am keeping an eye on the ones I did tonight...
But Despite what the Minx ladies said, we know Samantha had her gold minx toenails on for 5 weeks.. (or was it 6 ???)

So if they don't last...I know I did something wrong, (possibly the hairdryer lol)

I am very excited about these...can you tell :green:

I am excited because its not something everyone offers...we have the opportunity to take the lead here guy's....
GET IN THERE :hug:

Please add your thoughts....c'mon we need some juicey exciting professional threads lol....

ok, I'm looking at these, seriously I'd be the only one in NZ at the mo if I did, but I have a question. Can they go over enhancements, I assume they can. If so what procedure is needed to get the most out of the application?

I have just found this on the guild site.....

Minx is for those who love to stand out from the crowd; Beyonce was Minxed for the American Music Awards and Victoria Beckham was Minxed for her latest birthday splash in LA!

There is loads of minx info on there.....

Beauty Guild : News

If these babies are good enough for Mrs Beckham, then I am soooooo NOT going to undercharge for them,
We all know how Victoria likes to splash out, especially on birthdays...

So my local "bargain buyers" as much as I love them, won't be finding a bargain with minx In me ....

I just thought this was a good point to make...

We all recoiled in horror I think when the lovely Minx ladies said average £30-£35 ...I know I did,
But the more I am thinking about these, they are meant to be special...

Me and Helen were talking after Pamela mentioned her client having her 60Th birthday bash was more than happy to pay this amount of money for the gold minx on her fingernails and her toenails as it was her special day...
We were saying how with all the hype of looking for dresses and shoes
(and black and pink straws Samantha even though I am impressed I didn't need them as the chill factor had them woooo :green: ) was top of our list for the night time event party, as we all wanted to look and feel special...

Would YOU have paid £30 to get a tonne of attention brought to you on that special night ????
I would have (If I wasn't lucky enough to be a nail tech anyway lol)

A pretty dress is a pretty dress.....and AMAZING dress that is a little bit different stands out from the crowds...
(who else couldn't take their eyes off Jan Arnold's top, because it was sooo different and eye catching...she does it so well lol)

Well Minx in my opinion, should be different and eye catching....

I will be charging carefully for these after Christmas when I stock up...
I am keeping an eye on the ones I did tonight...
But Despite what the Minx ladies said, we know Samantha had her gold minx toenails on for 5 weeks.. (or was it 6 ???)

So if they don't last...I know I did something wrong, (possibly the hairdryer lol)

I am very excited about these...can you tell :green:

I am excited because its not something everyone offers...we have the opportunity to take the lead here guy's....
GET IN THERE :hug:

Please add your thoughts....c'mon we need some juicey exciting professional threads lol....

I totally agree with everything you have said here..I am really inlove with minx...it almost seems like a 'too good to be true' product...its so simple, easy and quick to apply, stunning, eye-catching and different, durable...easy to remove...endless designs...the list goes on!

But I am sat on the fence over the pricing...on one hand I really think it deserves premium pricing as advised this weekend...BUT if we charge such high prices are we limiting the market? Would it be more profitable to charge less (without turning into a cheap fad !) and having more regular customers get minxed...or charge higher and just get 'special occasion one off' clients....???

Isn't it true that everytime you take on a new client ultimately you want them to be a regular client...not just a one-off iykwim

I think it also depends a lot on your area...personally I live in a village...im near a couple of towns and there are no major cities close to me...if I lived in London hell I would go for broke on this one no question about it...but I dont and I have to be realistic....I think at the end of the day you have to find a balance where its not undersold and becomes a cheap product....and its not so high that its out of reach.

Ive minxed myself tonight and I cant wait to see of I get any kind of reaction at all from friends, family and people in the street...which will help me decide if people are gonna go for it or not...I flippin hope so! lol x

ok, I'm looking at these, seriously I'd be the only one in NZ at the mo if I did, but I have a question. Can they go over enhancements, I assume they can. If so what procedure is needed to get the most out of the application?

Yes hun they can go over enhancements too,
The main problem with this is the curve to the enhancement, but it can be done, would just require more patience.....(no good for you then sher lol :green: only joking I promise !!!!! )

Basicly the heat kind of makes the minx more flexible, and then as it cools it shrink wraps itself to the nail plate (or enhancement)

The right amount of pressure and file is needed though to ensure the edge is sealed properly and doesnt shrink back from the edge....

God I am loving these so far...I am determind not to let excitement get in the way of throughly learning about the minx..
With popits I got a little ( ok a lot :lol:) swept up in the moment....and maybe didnt take on board as much information as I could have...

Yes they can go over enhancements...I need to find this out for definate myself as Im not overly sure but I think you just cleanse the enhancement first in the same way you do a natural nail....maybe someone will clarify that x

But I am sat on the fence over the pricing...on one hand I really think it deserves premium pricing as advised this weekend...BUT if we charge such high prices are we limiting the market? Would it be more profitable to charge less (without turning into a cheap fad !) and having more regular customers get minxed...or charge higher and just get 'special occasion one off' clients....???

Isn't it true that everytime you take on a new client ultimately you want them to be a regular client...not just a one-off iykwim

I think it also depends a lot on your area...personally I live in a village...im near a couple of towns and there are no major cities close to me...if I lived in London hell I would go for broke on this one no question about it...but I dont and I have to be realistic....I think at the end of the day you have to find a balance where its not undersold and becomes a cheap product....and its not so high that its out of reach.

Ive minxed myself tonight and I cant wait to see of I get any kind of reaction at all from friends, family and people in the street...which will help me decide if people are gonna go for it or not...I flippin hope so! lol x

So true hun.
I am the same, I thought I would jot down my "right now" thoughts and see where it leads,
It is tricky to know what to do...

I made a hell of a lot of mistakes in the past with my pricing as many people on here know :o
I charged low prices for enhancements as I wanted more clients....it worked for a while,
The people I had didnt look after them as well as they should have, as they didnt rate their nails as something to be looked after as they thought
"ahhh well I can get another set"

I loved my clients, but wanted to be taken a little more seriously...
They just saw me as "the girl up the road who does nails"
I wanted them to realise that I felt a bit more than that...I wanted to be different and did they not see how passionate I was...etc....
Nope they didn't give a **** about how many courses I did, or how many hours I spent searching tutorials on here...or trying to perfect smiles on tips,
Or the tears I cried when I couldn't get the apex right lol....

This thread is going to be fab, and hopefully we will all find a happy medium with the pricing....
this is so new, we are on the starting line here...what we minxy girls start.....others will follow the more the word spreads...

I'm thinking its not only the cost of the minx to us...but also the time, the prep and the skill involved..

I am really looking forward to the replies...wether they agree or disagree:lol:

(Just to add, my whole reply isnt aimed at you annabanna even though I have quoted you lol...just more general thoughts xxx)

Well all I can say is FINALLY!!!!!

A premium product with a premium price.... needs to be sold as a premium service - or what's the point?!
It's unique and demands attention - who wouldn't pay for that?!!!

Very well put Emma. :green:

I think if anything, you lot in the north have got an advantage over us near London.......

As a proportion of your income (up in the north) statistically, you have more disposable income.

Maybe you have lower salaries, but you also have lower house prices and general cost of living.

Use this to your advantage and don't undersell yourself.

xx

I Minxed and was minxed at the event (was suprised at how easy it was to do) and I have to say I was a little dissapointed in it. The minx from my little finger had lifted yesterday and the minx on my thumb came off at the hotel before we even left to come home. I didnt like the roughness down the edges. I do have to say though the minx that came off my thumb I put on one of my big toes and it is still there. I guess I had too much apex for them to stick down properly without buckling.
Toes are flatter and it still looks perfect and no rough edges.
Jen xxx

I Minxed and was minxed at the event (was suprised at how easy it was to do) and I have to say I was a little dissapointed in it. The minx from my little finger had lifted yesterday and the minx on my thumb came off at the hotel before we even left to come home. I didnt like the roughness down the edges. I do have to say though the minx that came off my thumb I put on one of my big toes and it is still there. I guess I had too much apex for them to stick down properly without buckling.
Toes are flatter and it still looks perfect and no rough edges.
Jen xxx

The one demo'd on me is coming away too BUT the educator did say it was new to her at the time. Also, my nails are thin and bendy thanks to going to get my nails done (I should have done them myself, my own fault) and so I think the free edge is having to take a lot of movement, not helped by washing up and showers.

Cant wait to try them myself, will have to be over enhancements on my own nails though.

The one demo'd on me is coming away too BUT the educator did say it was new to her at the time. Also, my nails are thin and bendy thanks to going to get my nails done (I should have done them myself, my own fault) and so I think the free edge is having to take a lot of movement, not helped by washing up and showers.

Cant wait to try them myself, will have to be over enhancements on my own nails though.

Yeah I have to say some of mine this morning have a little bit lifting up in the free edge area BUT it was my first time applying them...I do have a few tiny creases on the free edge as well which is probably why....ive been wondering this morning whether it would be ok to put a tiny amount of adhesive along the free edge before applying to ensure it doesnt lift up by the next day....if people are paying top prices...they arent gonna be impressed if they look shabby the next day!

I do have some good news to report and it surprised me....my aunty has been round for a cuppa this morn and I was asking her if she would wear them and how much does she think it would cost if she went somewhere to get them done etc....

....she said she thought they were a bit blingy for day wear but she would probably wear them for a special occasion and she thought it would probably cost her about 70 squids for fingers and toes! and she does think people would pay it!

That surprised me...im in more quandry now lol...need to speak to more people.

I ahve to say as well...im not impressed by the plain ones...i put a pink one on one finger and to me it just looks like regular polish and nothing special...I really dont think id feel comfortable for charging high for those ones as to me there is nothing special about them...its the metalics and patterns that are the stunners imo!

I have some more questions to throw in....

what about removal....would you charge for removal and how much?

what if a couple were lifting up after a few days...would you replace for free?

There are so many designs that its probably difficult for a lot of us to buy a lot of different ones in at once as it would be quite expensive.......do you think it would be ok to ask them to decide which one they want from the chart...take a deposit then order in as and when needed?

Yeah I have to say some of mine this morning have a little bit lifting up in the free edge area BUT it was my first time applying them...I do have a few tiny creases on the free edge as well which is probably why....ive been wondering this morning whether it would be ok to put a tiny amount of adhesive along the free edge before applying to ensure it doesnt lift up by the next day....if people are paying top prices...they arent gonna be impressed if they look shabby the next day!

Its just my opinion but I would think anything under it would make it look lumpy, it would also make it something the client cant remove herself so easily which I would think is part of the appeal, fine while you need it but once its not oppropriate etc it comes off nice and cleanly. Plus, I assume that with practice and perfect technique they dont lift. I wonder if any adhesive could affect what Minx is made of too.

I do have some good news to report and it surprised me....my aunty has been round for a cuppa this morn and I was asking her if she would wear them and how much does she think it would cost if she went somewhere to get them done etc....

....she said she thought they were a bit blingy for day wear but she would probably wear them for a special occasion and she thought it would probably cost her about 70 squids for fingers and toes! and she does think people would pay it!

That surprised me...im in more quandry now lol...need to speak to more people.

I ahve to say as well...im not impressed by the plain ones...i put a pink one on one finger and to me it just looks like regular polish and nothing special...I really dont think id feel comfortable for charging high for those ones as to me there is nothing special about them...its the metalics and patterns that are the stunners imo!

The draw for me with the plain ones is not every one will be wanting patterns and they wont chip so if you had to have them done 24hrs before the party or what ever you know they will be gorgeous right up to the end. :hug:

There are so many designs that its probably difficult for a lot of us to buy a lot of different ones in at once as it would be quite expensive.......do you think it would be ok to ask them to decide which one they want from the chart...take a deposit then order in as and when needed?

Do they need to come back to remove them? I am sure in the Minx breakout session I was in they said the client could heat them and remove them him/herself.

Do they need to come back to remove them? I am sure in the Minx breakout session I was in they said the client could heat them and remove them him/herself.

The client can remove the Minx herself by heating them with a hairdryer and then peeling them off.

ive been wondering this morning whether it would be ok to put a tiny amount of adhesive along the free edge before applying to ensure it doesnt lift up by the next day....if people are paying top prices...they arent gonna be impressed if they look shabby the next day!
Interesting thought Hun, I thought the same while TRYING to get to sleep early hours of this morning...
I hope someone clarifies...if they already know, if not I suppose its a "try it and see" thing...

Thats fantastic !!!!!!

I thought this too...I know they are cheaper for us to buy, and would probably be used for day to day wear not special occasions,
The added bonus that they don't have to wait for enamel to dry....they don't have to be careful for 24 hours lol....
I will be charging less for plain minx...but still pricing them well...

I know Samantha said she removed hers with ease after all those weeks, but I think it was her big toenail the layers peeled slightly...
So I suppose professional removal would be best...
I think the price depends on the service and time taken....I mean if they want a mini manicure too after removal then it will need to be priced higher...
Or its Werther we just set the removal price to include a mini Mani anyway, so the whole experience is pampering from start to finish..

Mmmmm free replacement after a few days....again tricky one...
We don't want to encourage people to not look after them as they know they will get a free one, But we dint want them to think the Minx are rubbish while we are still learning with them...
....Maybe a call or something after a couple of days to the client to see how they like them...if they mention a problem take it from there, see if you think they have damaged them themselves or if its something we have done...

I know you get the people who would tell a porkie to get a free one, but there's also the tonnes of honest clients who will tell you the truth..

I think getting the client to choose and taking a none refunable deposit is a good idea, then if they don't come or change their mind at least you are not out of pocket..
I know our local college does this with hair extentions ...

Its soooo exciting to have all these thoughts in my head again lmao...
My brain is soooo busy at the moment :green:

I will only be offering Minx Pedicures to begin with as they are less prone to problems.

When I feel I've gotten to know the product & have mastered using Minx for pedicures, I will consider offering Minx Manicures.

I'm choosing to view toes as beginners and fingers as advanced.

I think if anything, you lot in the north have got an advantage over us near London.......

As a proportion of your income (up in the north) statistically, you have more disposable income.

Maybe you have lower salaries, but you also have lower house prices and general cost of living.

Use this to your advantage and don't undersell yourself.

xx

hmm not sure I would agree with that....the cost of living , house prices etc have gone up massively round my way....but the wages most definately havent...I can definately say that most of us round her have very little disposable income and are really struggling to get by for sure! and as far as the statistics go for the average wages in this area...they are SO inaccurate..laughable infact x

The client can remove the Minx herself by heating them with a hairdryer and then peeling them off.

They can but do we want them to? Could be missing out on an opportunity to give them another service perhaps x

I think it would appeal more to a client if they know that they can remove them at home and not have to come in to a salon and pay to have them removed.
When Liza was doing our ones she said that some people remove them after a shower when they are warm, they wont just peel off in the shower you have got to break the seal before they will peel off.

Latest posts

Back