Lumos!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I've been using it this week and it's fabulous! but I have to use up my sticky and speedy first. Will it replace the existing top and bases we currently use?

Well I've been using it this week and it's fabulous! but I have to use up my sticky and speedy first. Will it replace the existing top and bases we currently use?

No ... just another choice for you ... if you prefer it you will use it and replace the others I presume. It is a GREAT retail item ... clients LOVE it. It's new, but we've been selling out in the salon.

Famous Names Products Saturday tip

Have a Saturday afternoon tip for you!!! Want to make you manicures last longer? when you apply Lumos Bottom Coat generously, make sure you "string" the polish on the free edge, like you would with a gel or gel polish. When you apply your 2 coats of color, do the same stringing, then apply Lumos Top Coat generously and string it over the free edge. This technique make a huge difference in the wearability!

I can not stress how good lumos is ,,, I am a die hard buff shine tech but lumos has totally changed that it's got the shine of shellac. I am sporting a regular enamel like fedora with lumos base and top and believe me it works .

It's fantastic.

I attended the Finger Nails Naturally Manicure course last week and had done a lot of research prior to my course on best products etc. I had it in my mind that Seche Vite would be the best top coat and when I questioned my educator (Ketan Patel) he told me about Lumos and advised SV isn't what it used to be...

I tried Lumos in the class and it really is as fast drying as everyone says and provides an amazing super shiny gloss. I was so impressed I purchased it and have tried it on a few people this weekend (if interested check Flickr: NAILS BY METS' Photostream - all have Lumos top coat). You can see it's so shiny there's plenty of reflection from the light! I'm waiting to see how long each client lasts before chipping etc and will update.

Gigi - can you explain exactly what the "stringing" technique is above plz? Thanks.

I got Sticky and Lumos top coat and am completely converted!! Honestly the Lumos is AMAZING!!! so shiney and fast drying...will stop now as sound like an advert!

But honestly...it's fab! :hug:

@ Mets
'stringing' is the same as 'capping' that we do with gels. Really we should always polish like this. If you read my tutorial on Shellac application it explains the easiest most effective way to do it.

@ Tammy64
Lumos as a top coat over anything is awesome, but poor old Bottom coat ... Everyone forgets about him because you don't see him! Don't leave him out! Lumos top n bottom are a team .. A double act and using them together gives the best results. Instantly dry, lumos bottom coat acts like Velcro to attract the colour coat.

Geeg...so do you think I'd be better using Lumos bottom coat instead of sticky? I do like sticky!

Everyone loves Sticky .. but if using Lumos, I would, and do, keep to Lumos so that they work together as a team. I am a systems person. If I use all CND I use CND is I use Lumos, then I use all Lumos.

LUMOS, luvin it, luvin it, luvin it, mega shiney, mega fast drying!!!!! I had buffed over a couple of my nails by accident, which i have shellac on, i applied lumos and they were back to being super shiney and almost instantly dry. I think im gonna be using it a lot :lick:

Hi, I ordered the Lumos top and base coat but I haven't tried them yet....I ordered the large 72ml/2.4 fl oz bottles (which are HUGE)....just hoping I have done the right thing as I am now wondering if they will thicken long before I have chance to finish the bottles? Does anyone know how well Lumos lasts in the bottle?x

I used lumos over minx on finger nails and the client still has on nearly two weeks later. love it

Hi, I ordered the Lumos top and base coat but I haven't tried them yet....I ordered the large 72ml/2.4 fl oz bottles (which are HUGE)....just hoping I have done the right thing as I am now wondering if they will thicken long before I have chance to finish the bottles? Does anyone know how well Lumos lasts in the bottle?x

No as I only got the standard size bottles but it's quite thin in viscosity alot thinner than standard base and top coat (well I think so) only thing I don't really like is the brush but can't work out why???? Also does anyone know as the top coat can be applied to wet polish how to prevent product from transferring to lumos brush? I had a deep puple standard polish applied lumos top and found that it was still leaving slight colour on my lumos brush??? Any ideas ? Or should I wait untill dry? Xx

No as I only got the standard size bottles but it's quite thin in viscosity alot thinner than standard base and top coat (well I think so) only thing I don't really like is the brush but can't work out why???? Also does anyone know as the top coat can be applied to wet polish how to prevent product from transferring to lumos brush? I had a deep puple standard polish applied lumos top and found that it was still leaving slight colour on my lumos brush??? Any ideas ? Or should I wait untill dry? Xx

Now that you mention it I am not 100% happy with the brush either but dont know why - product is fab though!

I have not had the colour transfer problem - I do all 10 nails and then go back and top coat. I suppose if I was doing one nail then I would count a few seconds before applying top coat.

I used a top coat like this before..as in leaving the colour in my brush

I think the trick is to float the first brush stroke over the nail rather than pull or press too hard, then you can brush as normal...I find then I don't have any colour in my brush x

Yes I usually always do this with any product shellac/enamel etc but I think as I was doing my own wad bit heavy handed lol. Xxx

I have tried lumos tonight on my toes, I liked the topcoat but like some others have said wasn't too keen on the brush. Did anyone else find it flimsy?

I love both base and top coat, but would love it if it had the brushes from the new cnd colours and effects. Ace product xxxx

I agree as I love cnd brushes and find there brushes fab but as said in prev post lumos brush is a little diffrent but can't work out why lol xxx

I have also had the color transfer problem. I just wipe the brush before i put it back in the bottle. I think the bristles feel thick and cheap vs the polish brushes that are more hairy and soft

Latest posts

Back