Lumos!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, I am normally a CND girl through and through, however if Jim Nordstrum has had input into this product, and S2 are distributors for the product, that is good enough for me :)

Just a couple of quick questions here.

Does it speed up drying time?

How chip resistant is it? and finally

Can the high gloss finish really equal Shellac top coat?

Thanks a lot, look forward to reading your replies :hug:

Hi there, I am normally a CND girl through and through, however if Jim Nordstrum has had input into this product, and S2 are distributors for the product, that is good enough for me :)

Just a couple of quick questions here.

Does it speed up drying time?

How chip resistant is it? and finally

Can the high gloss finish really equal Shellac top coat?

Thanks a lot, look forward to reading your replies :hug:

Well you are right Caroline ... thank you for your confidence and the answers to your questions are:

Yes
Very
Yes

The products need to be used in tandem .. top and bottom coat to assure all the benefits especially longevity.

There are testimonials from nail technicians for this product all over the place from Australia, USA, Spain and the UK. Everywhere that is starting to sell through we get the same comments. Bottom coat dries as you watch it and top coat in just a couple of minutes. It is glossy beyond anything (apart from Shellac) and it is a retail sale for you as customers love it too.

Just got mine and indeed it is super shiney!

Just a quick Q and forgive me if I'm being dense here... Can you use it with enhancements??? x

Just got mine and indeed it is super shiney!

Just a quick Q and forgive me if I'm being dense here... Can you use it with enhancements??? x

LUMOS is a super protective quick drying top coat, you can use it in the same way and in the same situations in which you would use any other top coat; it will just do the job a whole lot better.

Hi everyone, so after raving about Lumos TC and how fast drying it is, I'm finding that it's not leaving nails as chip resistant as I would like, ie chipping after 2 days/few days. I've also noticed that if the varnish doesn't chip it starts to come back from the free edge within days... Can anyone help me to improve my technique/advise to make this last longer please.

How thin/thick should the Lumos TC be? I had the problem of "colour transfer" as mentioned in earlier posts so have taken to the "floating" technique but this generally results is a thick-ish layer to avoid it messing up the polish below, as Lumos is pretty thin and runny i'm finding a lot goes onto the nail... any tips?

I'm not sure i'm "sealing" or "capping" the varnish properly, does anyone have a link to video that clearly shows this plz? I feel like when I do this it's either insufficient or too thick :irked: and I'm sure if I was sealing properly I wouldn't have the issue of varnish coming back from the free edge.

Any other help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Hi everyone, so after raving about Lumos TC and how fast drying it is, I'm finding that it's not leaving nails as chip resistant as I would like, ie chipping after 2 days/few days. I've also noticed that if the varnish doesn't chip it starts to come back from the free edge within days... Can anyone help me to improve my technique/advise to make this last longer please.

How thin/thick should the Lumos TC be? I had the problem of "colour transfer" as mentioned in earlier posts so have taken to the "floating" technique but this generally results is a thick-ish layer to avoid it messing up the polish below, as Lumos is pretty thin and runny i'm finding a lot goes onto the nail... any tips?

I'm not sure i'm "sealing" or "capping" the varnish properly, does anyone have a link to video that clearly shows this plz? I feel like when I do this it's either insufficient or too thick :irked: and I'm sure if I was sealing properly I wouldn't have the issue of varnish coming back from the free edge.

Any other help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Hi ... thank you for the feed back. You are right that Lumos (in fact any) top coat will last better for you re chipping and longer re wear, if you cap the free edge (or some call it stringing the free edge) with every layer of bottom, colour and top. Makes sense.

I have not seen any kind or trend re chipping when using Lumos, (but of course, Lumos is a quick drying protective top coat and not the same as Shellac in that respect) and as far as wear, also I find it exceptionally good but of course that is subject to the individual wearing it, as we all know. Regular use of Solar Oil will tend to keep Lumos flexibl, as well as polish, which will help always with chipping issues. So I hope that has helped and that you make some good retail sales on the strength of it.

Thanks Gigi, can you advise re how thin/thickly Lumos should be applied? Thanks x

Thanks Gigi, can you advise re how thin/thickly Lumos should be applied? Thanks x

Well the best description I can give you is that I don't apply it sparingly:green:. I put on a good reasonably thick coat and as I apply it I flick the brush along the free edge to cap it ... exactly as I describe in the Shellac application tutorial I wrote here on the site. To find it go to member tutorials and click, then go to nail finishing and click and in there you will find the Shellac application tutorial and the desccription of how to polish with it. x

Well the best description I can give you is that I don't apply it sparingly:green:. I put on a good reasonably thick coat and as I apply it I flick the brush along the free edge to cap it ... exactly as I describe in the Shellac application tutorial I wrote here on the site. To find it go to member tutorials and click, then go to nail finishing and click and in there you will find the Shellac application tutorial and the desccription of how to polish with it. x

Thank you, was worried I was putting on too thickly! I had a look at the tutorial before, it was helpful but still wasn't sure I was capping correctly. I will practice and see how I go, thank you :)

I've had a Colour and Effect on with the Lumos base and top coat since Thursday last week and haven't chipped one yet *touch wood* which I think is pretty impressive considering I haven't exactly been careful with my nails. I've worn nothing but Shellac since May so I forgot to be careful after doing them last week and am happy to say delving in my bag and putting on my socks a couple of minutes after polishing didn't prove to be an issue. There is no significant wear at the free edge either. Impressed? Much? You betcha!

I have had lumos on my toes for 3 weeks this Friday and I can honestly say the shine is fab fab fab they look wet STILL, I used lumos base 2x colour cnd s bloodline then lumos top and I can't believe no chips scratches smudges and after wearing timberlands with socks doing school runs In this awful snow.

I have also had a few regulars now wanting lumos as opposed to hand buff, my lady this morning couldnot believe how good it was she loved it said she always wants it and wants me to order her a bottle.

I have had lumos on my toes for 3 weeks this Friday and I can honestly say the shine is fab fab fab they look wet STILL, I used lumos base 2x colour cnd s bloodline then lumos top and I can't believe no chips scratches smudges and after wearing timberlands with socks doing school runs In this awful snow.

I have also had a few regulars now wanting lumos as opposed to hand buff, my lady this morning couldnot believe how good it was she loved it said she always wants it and wants me to order her a bottle.

Those are the sort of Rave reviews Famous Names love to hear. Why not write a testimonial and send it to Welcome - Famous Names LLC and I'm sure Linda would love to post it on the Famous Names web site. It is nail Technicians Famous Names want to hear from, and that's what you are. The more the merrier and it is from nail technicians that other nail technicians want to hear too, not really the manufacturers but the USERS!! So if you Love LUMOS High Speed Top Coat & Instant Impact Bottom Coat, then let them know about it.

Hey .. but it's not everyone who will rave (although I'm sure the vast majority will):green:. Famous names want your feed back if there is something about the product you don't like too as that is how to improve things. So all feedback welcome.

I would like to answer some of the questions listed here today:

• Lumos Top and Bottom coats are both fast dry, using the bottom coat, 2 coats of color and the top coat, the dry time is generally 10-12 minutes!
  • Yes, Lumos is chip-resistant, but the condition of the customers nails always determine the length of time a product will stay on the nail. I took my enhancements off 8 months ago after 25 years, so my nails were a mess, started using Lumos, and I now have beautiful natural nails, I was able to keep polish on them all the time because of the fast dry time!
  • There is something to remember with Lumos: DO NOT USE ANY KIND OF AIR DRYERS THAT ARE USED TO SPEED UP THE DRY TIME! Lumos dries so fast already, using these could cause premature chipping!
  • Most definately Lumos can be used on enhancements!

Hi Katie, That is great, retailing the top coat helps the client to keep her own nails in great shape also, way to go!

You are so right, you need to use Lumos GENEROUSLY!

There is something else I forgot to mention about Lumos. You can use Lumos down to the very end of the bottle, it will not thicken!!!

Just ordered some bottom & top coat to try and after reading about it and reading your posts here I'm most excited!

You will not be disappointed! Have fun! :hug:

Lumos arrived this morning while I was out so once the girls are in bed I'm going to treat myself to a luxury manicure and try it out for myself! Will post my opinions later!! :)

Latest posts

Back