Lumos!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How quick does does it dry?

Two questions:

1. Does it make polish last longer on natural nails? I always cap.

I only use OPI polish, but prefer Orly In a Snap and their base coats to OPI products. I buy my In a Snap in huge refill bottles and I find a top up every few days keeps it really thin.

2. I am wondering if I should order the 14ml bottles of Lumos with the 70ml bottles to use as top ups. Is this necessary? i.e. is the 70ml bottle likely to get thick before I get to the bottom like GinaMaria asked? Anyone experienced using a whole 70ml bottle?

Ok, there's more than two questions here!

I am liking the price of these top and bottom coats by the way :green:

You will be impressed with Lumos.

Yes when used correctly (in tandem with the bottom coat) I think you will find that polish lasts longer. By the way, doesn't everyone 'cap' when they polish? It is the way to polish.

Lumos never yellows and it wont be around long enough to go thick in the bottle. Lol

The reason I mentioned that I always "cap" was to stop anyone saying "It will last longer than normal top coat if you cap" (someone already mentioned capping earlier in this thread as the technique for applying this top coat).

Even in a busy salon like mine a 70ml bottle will take a while to use and will be opened and closed many times. I would like to be more sure that I am not wasting money. Maybe I will try the smaller more regular size bottles to be on the safe side.

Hi, I ordered the Lumos top and base coat but I haven't tried them yet....I ordered the large 72ml/2.4 fl oz bottles (which are HUGE)....just hoping I have done the right thing as I am now wondering if they will thicken long before I have chance to finish the bottles? Does anyone know how well Lumos lasts in the bottle?x

Gina
Jim Nordstrom (co-founder of Famous Names) here. The answer to your question is they will last a LONG time. We have been working on this project for several years and I have bottles that are two years old and the viscosity (thickness) has not changed a great deal. So, you should be fine...
Let us know how you like it!
Jim

Hi, I ordered the Lumos top and base coat but I haven't tried them yet....I ordered the large 72ml/2.4 fl oz bottles (which are HUGE)....just hoping I have done the right thing as I am now wondering if they will thicken long before I have chance to finish the bottles? Does anyone know how well Lumos lasts in the bottle?x

Now that you mention it I am not 100% happy with the brush either but dont know why - product is fab though!

I have not had the colour transfer problem - I do all 10 nails and then go back and top coat. I suppose if I was doing one nail then I would count a few seconds before applying top coat.

Jim Nordstrom (co-founder of Famous Names) here: Thanks for the input on the brush. We are going to review this and see if we can "upgrade" it on our next production run. If you have specifics of what you want, go to our website or here and let us know. As for color transfer, you are exactly right...if you are doing all ten nails, they should be dry by the time you do all ten nails. Only other thing I can think of is I know you all are having COLD weather, so that could slow dry time a bit.

I love both base and top coat, but would love it if it had the brushes from the new cnd colours and effects. Ace product xxxx

Ruth
Appreciate the input on the brush...we are going to look into some other options.
Jim Nordstrom

How quick does does it dry?

Here is the scoop on the dry time, once you apply the Lumos Bottomcoat to all 10 fingers, you will actually see that it dries almost instantly, by the time you go to put your first coat of color on it is already dry. After the first coat of color, you can almost see that coat of color melding into the Bottomcoat, apply your second coat, them Lumos Topcoat. Your nails or toes should be dry in 10-12 minutes! It really is amazing to watch!!!!

Linda Nordstrom, Co-founder of Famous Names

I know it makes applying polish a pleasure again,, it really is a fantastic product the bottom coat is a must aswell as top coat .

Will there be colour polishes in the Lumos range ?:)

Famous Names are growing and as they do it will always be something exciting, new and with the best performance ... you can be sure of that. I can also assure you that any future moves and they will be letting you know. You can follow Famous Names on twitter or Facebook and their own site Welcome - Famous Names LLC

Jim Nordstrom (co-founder of Famous Names) here: Thanks for the input on the brush. We are going to review this and see if we can "upgrade" it on our next production run. If you have specifics of what you want, go to our website or here and let us know. As for color transfer, you are exactly right...if you are doing all ten nails, they should be dry by the time you do all ten nails. Only other thing I can think of is I know you all are having COLD weather, so that could slow dry time a bit.

I've been wondering what it was about the brush I wasn't sure about and I think it's the length! It just seems a bit too long. Fab product though :)

Ok so now lumos gets a 10/10 for me just had the ultimate compliment.

Painted my toe nails last Sunday used lumos base and top. This morning my boyfriend said oh your nails look nice today really shiny! I said I did them a week ago! He thought i had done them today cause they looked 'very shiny and still wet' (his words)

Now granted I do usually have a pamper day on Sunday's nails, eyes etc but for him to comment on nails is a miracle!

It dries fast! Blink and you'll miss it.

I polished my toes, base, two coats of red then some glitter nail art and finally top coat, actually, as I was painting in bad lighting so I did an extra top coat on big toes to be sure they were covered!

I went to bed ten minutes after final top coat and in the morning my nails were still amazingly shiny with no sheet marks on them!! Very impressed.

Ok so now lumos gets a 10/10 for me just had the ultimate compliment.

Painted my toe nails last Sunday used lumos base and top. This morning my boyfriend said oh your nails look nice today really shiny! I said I did them a week ago! He thought i had done them today cause they looked 'very shiny and still wet' (his words)

Now granted I do usually have a pamper day on Sunday's nails, eyes etc but for him to comment on nails is a miracle!
He sounds like a keeper to me! If a man can notice things like that then I'd say lLumos is a keeper too! :green:

He knows a lot about nails geeg! I have taught him well! Not sure if its genuine interest or if he is just humouring me!

I love Lumos top coat. I don't do much polishing these days due to high demand for Shellac and Gelish. But when I do I want it dry in minutes and Lumos does that with CND polishes. Works well with OPI Nd Jessica too)

Salon girlies keep nicking it from my trolley because they love it too!

Nail designer with a twist;)

It's not just the Lumos top coat either ... The Lumosvbottom coat is every bit as important to use. lumos Top and bottom cost work in tandem! They are a team! I would not use one ever without the other. Everyone who uses the Lumos system agrees! Like love and marriage, they go together like a horse and carriage. :hug:

I've been visiting with a friend in the USA and she was saying that she used to always buy Seche Vite top coat for years until they changed the formula and it no longer was as good as she was used to .. I told her about Lumos and she called her nail tech and told her all about it and asked her to get some in for her to buy ... that was all it took, for me to tell her that she would love it, and her nail tech immediately ordered some for the salon. So you see why it is important to me never to lie or tell tales about a product unless I know for sure it is excellent and different AND BETTER than that which they are using.

Thats because LUMOS is the original formula for Seche Vite top coat as I have heard. Everyone seems to be raving about it, so I may go and buy some myself-especially if it as good or better than Super Shiney (which I love)

Last edited:
So many rumours in our industry and so many people who claim to be in the know, when actually, they aren't. :lol:

Shall I just say, that if you were one of the millions who loved Seche vite, then you will adore Lumos Top And Bottom coats.

Latest posts

Back