mini earthquake ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh my god we felt that too...me in the 16 floor!! because we r living so high we felt that double :cry:i was telling my hubby this morning that i don't wanna live in a high block i wanna move into a house...may god bless us all...:hug:

My son told me this morning that he thought there was a ghost in his bedroom last night as his bed was shaking, he was releived when i said it was an earthquake, the rest of us never felt anything though.

oh my god we felt that too...me in the 16 floor!! because we r living so high we felt that double :cry:i was telling my hubby this morning that i don't wanna live in a high block i wanna move into a house...may god bless us all...:hug:

One without chimney I would say going by the amount of them that appear to have fallen down!

:hug:

We felt it too. We have a whole wall of mirrored wardrobe sliding doors which were rattling like mad! Didn't feel as violent as the last one several years ago, I woke up to find my bed was moving across the room that time! BF was really excited as it was the first time he'd ever felt an earthquake.

Spoke to my mum this morning and my little brother went running into their room thinking there was something in his room. Poor thing. Must have been really scary for him.

Goodness, I didnt feel a thing!! Nor did claire or the kids, or even the dogs! Mind you we live near a train line so have got used to noise and rumblings!! Gosh its scary isnt it really wonder if there will be aftershocks??

:hug::hug:

OMG i felt it, 2 glasses fell from my units, i was downstairs in chat at the time, ran upstairs to the kids, one of them said he thought his brother was shaking his bed lol

Very scary .... me just a wooss....think because it was the middle of the night it was more scary ....

Champagne x

It woke me and my husabnd up, the bed and wardrobes were shaking like mad,,,,thought it was a ghost at first cos I'd been watching most haunted lol!! Didnt wake any of the kids up though.....It made me feel sick for the rest of the night so didnt get any sleep after that!

Its daft I know but I'm more shocked at how big it was (relative for the UK) and how wide an area it shook. Stuart sent me a text immediately as he had been woken by it in Cheltenham and on the news it said it was apparently felt as far as London.

well i felt nothing, and neither did anyone in our street (spopke to a few on way out this morning) got to school and loads of people who live further into southport than us were talking about it, waking them up, and scaring animals etc

just hope eveyrone is ok and nothing damaged etc xxxxx

My mum in southport thought she had a poltergeist:green:,
My twin in Chesterfield felt the house shake, and I thought my hub was messing around juddering the bed and then he yelled, " there's been an earthquake"
He originally thought someone was trying to steal our caravan lol.

I was just going to bed and hubby was downstairs the whole house shook and the dog went mental barking. Hubby said wtf was that lol I knew because am old enough to remember the last one :)

I was sat in bed watching tv when it happened, i felt one shudder then it all went quiet for a few secs then came the big shudder,
i could hear all the dust between the brick work falling down between the walls,
and everything in the bedroom was shaking, it was awful,
i flew out of bed shouting for my other half who just looked at me stupid and said "it was only an earthquake"
ONLY, i was shi**ing myself
i was awake until about 4am waiting for the next one

Just to make you all feel happy!!!! My hubby has just told me .......

'As a general rule, with earthquakes, the next tremour should happen around 42 hours later:eek:, so by approx 7pm tomorrow night, we most likely could hve another tremour'.

He's such a love isn't he:irked:

Just to make you all feel happy!!!! My hubby has just told me .......

'As a general rule, with earthquakes, the next tremour should happen around 42 hours later:eek:, so by approx 7pm tomorrow night, we most likely could hve another tremour'.

He's such a love isn't he:irked:
Do tell him thanks Bev

:eek: thanks a bunch :eek:

Nothing felt down here...asked clients too....must be too far south for the tremors....feel quite sorry I missed it!

My sister felt it in Cheltenham Cathie, so we must have only just missed it....Just think if it had happened an hour or so earlier :lol:

My sister felt it in Cheltenham Cathie, so we must have only just missed it....Just think if it had happened an hour or so earlier :lol:
lol we could have rolled off the road.....:green:

I didn't feel a thing lol, I must be such a heavy sleeper. I didn't know anything about it until my neighbour a couple of doors down told me on the way to school, her hubby had woken up and got a bit worried, they had a few things rattle but for me - nothing!
We've got 2 dogs too and Huxley will bark at the slightest noise but he didn't make a sound - unless he did but I didn't hear that either lol <note to self- get hearing checked!

Im in Lincs and it was very surreal moment when it happened, I didnt know what was happening at first, i heard the droan as it began which then lead to a slight vibration which got stronger and louder. My whole house, floor furniture was shanking, I looked at my partner to make sure i wasnt the only one feeling and hearing it! It seamt to last for a long time too, I didnt know if it was a bomb that had gone off somewhere or a plane crash or an earthquake!
:eek:
I thought it would of woken the kids up but somehow they slept through it too! I tried to check on the news what had gone off straight afterwards but I couldnt find anything, but then i went on line and spoke to a friend who lives over in bedfordshire and he said that he had had it down there too!

My friends who live nearby slept through the entire night, one of which lives in a caravan so I would of thought she would of woke!
Goes to show that some people can sleep through anything!:smack:

Latest posts

Back