Minx alternatives?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiningstar

Reaction score
Hi all,
I was at the olympia beauty show at the weekend and saw two companies that sold nail stickers that looked similar to minx.

They didn't need to be heated though they just went straight on, basically i want to do them to myself for my birthday next week but i chickened out of buying them at the time :o I was wondering if anyone knew who these companies might be, as they were quite a bit cheaper and because of the no need for heating i thought they'd be less fiddly for me to do to myself!!

Thanks lovlies
Kim xx

Hi, i'm not sure if this is what you mean but i have used Nfu-Oh luxury shell wrap over finger and toe nails and it works really well , but i havn;t tried Minx so i might be way off!!!
It has a sticky back to it that sticks to the nail, just prep as normal and apply it to the nail x

I can't remember what the company was called at the show but the price was out of this world! three digits. Minx is cheaper and they have more choice. I would stick with minx.

Thanks for the replies!

No the ones i saw were like £5 a packet and u could get at least 2 prob 3 sets out of them, whereas minx i can only find at like £15 a packet, as its only for one night at the mo i don't wanna spend out too much!!
I don't know how easy minx are to apply to your own nails though, any ideas?

kim x

Hi, I saw these at the show [email protected], I think they are Dutch. I was looking for minx but they were not there. Their stand was so busy it was hard to get in and look at all the designs. I spoke to the guy and he said he was in the process of setting up the website, they will be mainly a retail company, but if you email them they will sort out trade prices. I bought a set but have not tried them yet. They were £4.50. I'm not advertising the company in anyway just solving a name issue. As to be honest I would rather stick to offering minx.
Hope this helps
Lisa

Hi, I saw these at the show [email protected], I think they are Dutch. I was looking for minx but they were not there. Their stand was so busy it was hard to get in and look at all the designs. I spoke to the guy and he said he was in the process of setting up the website, they will be mainly a retail company, but if you email them they will sort out trade prices. I bought a set but have not tried them yet. They were £4.50. I'm not advertising the company in anyway just solving a name issue. As to be honest I would rather stick to offering minx.
Hope this helps
Lisa

PS Minx don't cost £15 if bought trade!

Yes thats them! Thank you lisa!!

I figured minx would be cheaper trade but the only place i could find them was on sweetsquared.com and i'm not sure i'd be able to register (cz they need to see my certificates) and have them sent out to me in time as the party is on the 3rd!!
How much are minx genrally for trade?

Kim x

You can email/fax your certificates and they'll set up an account straight away. As long as the minx design you want is in stock, you will get them within a day or 2. We can't post the prices on here.
HTH Lou x

I didn't see that stand. The ones I saw were very expensive.

Hi I use trosani gels and I think they have Blinx but I don't think they arrived to my country yet, however you can go www.trosani.com

Ok i might just try the minx ones if they're not too pricey.

The only thing is, i think i'd be able to do it on other people but are they easy enough to do on yourself?
Sorry for all the questions, i just don't wanna waste time and money if its a stupid idea from the start!!

Kim x

I manage my own minx just fine on my toes and can do them on my fingers but I personally don't like them on my fingers, I even managed to get my hubby to do them on my toes after a few rants of your not doing it right, he got it in the end, lol.. Cx

Ha ha bless him, maybe i could rope a friend in to help me, i literally jst want the metallic gold for my bday!

Have emailed sweet squared hopefully will be able to get them soon!!

Kim x

i love the blixz nails. I was going to get the Minx ones but waiting to see the full feedback of these first as they seem a lot prettier.

If you go to blixz.com I think they have a gallery on there with prices.

Kate

The thing that is uniquely different about Minx is that the patent pending heat activated adhesive is far longer lasting than anything else .. and as for the comments about others being prettier above ... I think it is rather silly as Minx have hundreds of designs and the poster hasn't even tried Minx, and has not compared them.

Minx are very competitively priced and you can get 2 or even sometimes 3 sets out of one sheet. Minx are also only sold to professionals. if you can buy others off the net so can your clients.

someone comes up with a great idea and all the vultures try to copy but the copies are never ever as good as the originals.

Last edited:
Those things they were exhibiting at Olympia were truly awful...in a word FAKE MINX...the patterns and colours were nowhere near nice. I can see the appeal but I'll always go for the originals...

Maybe that's why people think I'm a snob! LMAO...oh well!!!...:rolleyes:

I completely agree that minx seem the better option but they weren't at the show so i haven't seen them in action so's to speak, i was wondering if anyone had heard of the other ones lol

Anywho my main wondering was wether minx would be fine to apply to yourself, which it seems it is!!
Now all i need is my sweetsquared account to check out how competitively priced they are :)

kim x

The thing that is uniquely different about Minx is that the patent pending heat activated adhesive is far longer lasting than anything else .. and as for the comments about others being prettier above ... I think it is rather silly as Minx have hundreds of designs and , as the poster hasn't even tried Minx, she has not compared them.

Minx are very competitively priced and you can get 2 or even sometimes 3 sets out of one sheet. Minx are also only sold to professionals. if you can buy others off the net so can your clients.

someone comes up with a great idea and all the vultures try to copy but the copies are never ever as good as the originals.

No I have no other agenda and don't see why there is a problem wanting to see the feedback on alternatives. I am going to try out the Minx first as some of them are lovely, but some of the designs are really way out and I don't think my clients would like them all. I have been holding out buying the Minx to see how the range develops before outlaying any money.

I have seen the Blixz a few times and thought they were really pretty and not sure why that is wrong.

Seen as I currently still use CND nail products and promote that to my clients I hardly have other motives!

Last edited by a moderator:
but some of the designs are really way out and I don't think my clients would like them all.

I can tell you your clients will love the more way out ones alot of them will prefer them to the plainer ones.
My clients range from 16 to 67 and each have found a pattern they like so dont right them off due to the patterns:hug:

I can tell you your clients will love the more way out ones alot of them will prefer them to the plainer ones.
My clients range from 16 to 67 and each have found a pattern they like so dont right them off due to the patterns:hug:

Exactly ... All the patterns look quite different on than off and it's not about what we personally like or dislike, it is about what our clients like or can be persuaded to like when they really don't know. If you yourself do not have that enthusiasm you will never sell diddly to anyone.

Latest posts

Back