Minx Road Testing - Want to post your results?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
I wonder, if some of you new MINXERS could post details of your results with Minx.

I've seen the product, i LOVE the concept, i LOVE the designs, i'd just like to know for my own personal benefit (and im sure the developers would like Expert Geek Feedback!) exactly HOW long they do last and if there are any problems that occur with application, removal, etc

If you've found any types of nails aren't suitable.

How long it takes when you first start to do them

How long it takes when you become more proficient in your application.

Would anything IMPROVE them?

Could i ask that you ONLY post if you've got all the correct equipment required to apply them ie the correct lamp (not a hairdryer) and that your using the correct file etc. Everything they tell you to use with the product with no adjustments! AND....on a client preferably not on yourself!

Pics would be good of finished results AND any probs pics should they occur.

Would you new Minxers be willing to do that?:hug:

Last edited:
I wonder, if some of you new MINXERS could post details of your results with Minx.

I've seen the product, i LOVE the concept, i LOVE the designs, i'd just like to know for my own personal benefit (and im sure the developers would like Expert Geek Feedback!) exactly HOW long they do last and if there are any problems that occur with application, removal, etc

If you've found any types of nails aren't suitable.

How long it takes when you first start to do them

How long it takes when you become more proficient in your application.

Would anything IMPROVE them?

Could i ask that you ONLY post if you've got all the correct equipment required to apply them ie the correct lamp (not a hairdryer) and that your using the correct file etc. Everything they tell you to use with the product with no adjustments!

Pics would be good of finished results AND any probs should they occur.

There is another thread currently on the go in chat chat regarding the pricing of minx.

I bought all the kit at the event...I did mine last night...it took me about an hour...I had no major problems considering it was first go....
....just a few probs with getting the free edge totally crease free and because my nails are really short atm..I wasnt able tuck the minx over and under the free edge very well so you can just about see the very tip of my free edge on some....subsequently some of them this morning was peeling up a little at the free edge.

But on the whole they look good...I dont know how to get pics on this comp atm...will try later...looking forward to hearing everyone elses feedback and seeing how long they last! x

I am going to be doing some Minx Pedis on family members this weekend... will post pics next week.

We're all going to come up against problems in the begining... It's not easy, there is a deffinate technique for applying minx which needs to be practised (perfectly :lol:).

I am only going to offer Minx Pedicures for a while.
When I feel that I have gotten to know the product and technique, then I will go onto the far more damanding Minx Manicure.

There is another thread currently on the go in chat chat regarding the pricing of minx.

I bought all the kit at the event...I did mine last night...it took me about an hour...I had no major problems considering it was first go....
....just a few probs with getting the free edge totally crease free and because my nails are really short atm..I wasnt able tuck the minx over and under the free edge very well so you can just about see the very tip of my free edge on some....subsequently some of them this morning was peeling up a little at the free edge.

But on the whole they look good...I dont know how to get pics on this comp atm...will try later...looking forward to hearing everyone elses feedback and seeing how long they last! x

ah..i'll have a read:green:

And you used the MINX recommend lamp to do them?

I had no major problems considering it was first go....

Im thinking after watching the demo it would be incredibly tricky to do on yourself...on your wrong hand? is that not the case? To get it in place....heat it up...tuck it under and file it etc.

I was wondering if.....you know how you can really seal the edges of the free edge using the Girlfriend buffer....(not the black/white sides) and obviously as you do this with speed it creates heat....heat is what makes Minx work...right...? so could you seal the free edge after using the Minx glass file by giving it a good go using your girlfriend...??? would it give a better finish...a better seal...?? hope that makes sense...:lol:

Cool idea.... well worth a try.

I was wondering if.....you know how you can really seal the edges of the free edge using the Girlfriend buffer....(not the black/white sides) and obviously as you do this with speed it creates heat....heat is what makes Minx work...right...? so could you seal the free edge after using the Minx glass file by giving it a good go using your girlfriend...??? would it give a better finish...a better seal...?? hope that makes sense...:lol:

Well my Minx toes have been on for 6 weeks now and from a distance still look absolutley fab. Close up, they have rubbed on the free edge of my big toes and a patch has worn from my boots but seriously from a quick look they are still awesome. I've been wearing boots, shoes and flip flops and have done nothing to protect them(!) - I've done a proper road test.

I've not had any on my fingers yet, but toes are incredibly long-lasting.

I bought the Maxi kit at the Event.

So far, only tried one set on a colleague and one nail on me.

They look great - not so great if you have ridges on the nails.

I've so far found it difficult with the sizing - seem to be over sizing them more than anything, so will have another go tomorrow.

I've also found it very difficult tucking them under and filing the excess off on ROUNDED nails. Ok on square nails but definitely more difficult on rounded cos they seem to peak up a bit. There's certainly a knack to he file as well.

If anyone can help me, please let me know!! xx

Im thinking after watching the demo it would be incredibly tricky to do on yourself...on your wrong hand? is that not the case? To get it in place....heat it up...tuck it under and file it etc.

Yes I have the correct lamp...to be honest i didnt really find it a great deal more tricky doing it on myself or doing it on my wrong hand...thats one of the great things about this product...on the whole its so simple and easy to use...

.....it can be tricky to get it totally in the centre of the nail...and i did find a few of them I probably hadnt sized to well...or maybe just not centred to well?? because on some I would get one side right up to the sidewall but then the otherside there would be a margin...they did say to leave a slight margin but I personally think they look much better if you can get as close as possible and tuck into the sidewalls...so long as its attached to the nailplate and not the skin of course! x

Id tried to get as much out of one piece as possible...that was quite tricky trying to cut it really neat!

Could i ask that you ONLY post if you've got all the correct equipment required to apply them ie the correct lamp (not a hairdryer) and that your using the correct file etc. Everything they tell you to use with the product with no adjustments!

Pics would be good of finished results AND any probs should they occur.

Great idea!!
I am a new Minxer.
I minxed my own fingernails (with out using the reccommended heat source) and they lasted 3 weeks and used them to do allot of work ... cooking, cleaning, etc. They are the same ones in the step by step that I did in the Minx brohure.

I did Samantha and Sandi's toemails on the same day and we used a hair drier as the heat source and they both lasted more than 5 weeks and only had to be removed because hey had grown out so far. they were in hot tubs, baths, swimming pools and the sea as well a shoes and boots ... still looked great.

I have disovered some nails that do not suit having a minx veneer and as a professional I would advise those people not to have them. Two types of nail shape that comes to mind are skijump and an exceptionally high c- curve both of which can cause kinking of the minx.

I used the clear on my nightmare client (I use her to road test everything)

She cannot wear any form of enhancement and wrecks polish in 48 hours. It is a shame because she loves her manicures but is a keen gardener, cook, works in a shop packing and dealing with wallpaper fabrics etc and basically abuses her nails. In the winter they regularly split and peel.

I applied the clear minx, just as a protection, and asked her to monitor their wear. I used an infrared lamp designed for bad backs, manicured first and cleaned the nail plate with Scrubfresh, I did use the minx file.

She got 10 days out of them which considering the abuse I know they get was quite good and she was happy too.

I had a client in today and her big toe at the cuticle end was slanted and tricky to do, I think sizing for a lot of clients may be an issue.

Here's a set I did on natural nails yesterday....

And the toes were done on Thursday......

Attachments

• Kate's nails after 3yrs of wearing acrylic nails applied by me 006.jpg
    Kate's nails after 3yrs of wearing acrylic nails applied by me 006.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 2,473
  • Kate's nails after 3yrs of wearing acrylic nails applied by me 005.jpg
    Kate's nails after 3yrs of wearing acrylic nails applied by me 005.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 11,813
Here's a set I did on natural nails yesterday....

And the toes were done on Thursday......
They look fab Bev! Thanks for sharing and please keep us posted on how they wear. Can I ask how much you charged?

They look fab Bev! Thanks for sharing and please keep us posted on how they wear. Can I ask how much you charged?

As an introductory offer....

I charged £20 for the toes and £15 for the fingers.
Much too less though IMO. I'm going to charge £20 for fingers and £25 for toes, or as an add on service - £20 for toes & £15 for fingers. Metallics will attract a slightly higher price....
Here's some metallics on my daughters toes for those of you who did not see them in the critiques forum....

Attachments

• golden lightening toes 2.jpg
    golden lightening toes 2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 378
OOOOO Bev loving those!:lol: when can you do me lol
Jen xx

I do love all the sets shown but my favs are the red with the black lines through, Why is it that I always i wish i have got some thing once iam back home! why didnt i buy some from the event! :irked::cry:

Oh well it looks like a visit to the sweet shop is in this week.

:lol:

Well I think your ones look lovely Bev. I soooooo wish I saw them at the event now.

I didn't buy the red fishnets at the Event, they came with my maxi minx kit, I also got silver lightening fishnets in it as well as a few others.
The red ones are semi sheer, but you can't tell once they are on the nail.

Thanks for all your replies - Jen babes - I'll be there whenever hun - just let me know xxxxx

Latest posts

Back