Minx Road Testing - Want to post your results?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I just say that I have the 'old' version of the UV lamp and it works with Minx just FINE. The new one is just more robust and has a dimmer which is cool and both those things make it more expensive. As you would expect really. However the other lamp works perfectly well just without some of the refinements.

I didn't know that the old one would work perfectly well. I was told at the event that I needed to send my black one back as they were going to be recalling them but they would send me out one of the new lamps.

Just remember that clients never take responsibility for what they do to their nails or to their Minx!! :green:

I actually have not found a difference between natural or enhanced nails for longevity.

I did a client yesterday who has L&P NNO , very high c curves!! Took me ages to apply, smoothing out creases and she came in today and the majority of them have lifted at the free edge. I used the file at a 45 degree angle as directed?? but...the it didn't seem to cap?

Not blaming the product at all, just wondered if i've done something wrong in the application?

I did however do a full set on natural nails a few days ago and the client called today to thank me, as she has so many people commenting on them.

Any advice would be appreciated:)

I did a client yesterday who has L&P NNO , very high c curves!! Took me ages to apply, smoothing out creases and she came in today and the majority of them have lifted at the free edge. I used the file at a 45 degree angle as directed?? but...the it didn't seem to cap?

Not blaming the product at all, just wondered if i've done something wrong in the application?

I did however do a full set on natural nails a few days ago and the client called today to thank me, as she has so many people commenting on them.

Any advice would be appreciated:)
emmsy.....
you asked if the clear ones can be used over enamel and they can....depending on how well the enamel is bonded to the nail...so its gotta be a good one.

lisa...did you make sure that the minx had cooled down before filing???
You are supposed to wait up to 10 seconds before filing.
Have a look on this link to see if it helps you.
Minx Professionals

Actually Sian I don't know if I did???:irked:

Thanks for the link :hug:

Actually Sian I don't know if I did???:irked:

Thanks for the link :hug:

ah well then try again and make sure you do this time ...and see if it happens again then you will know for sure.....as the minx cools it sort of shrink wraps round the free edge...if you file too early then the shrinking will still happen so will pull away from the free edge....i think that makes sense, lol!
:hug:

Beyonce was just on BBC news this morning doing an interview re Obama and she had her nails minxed!! The silver metallic on her fingernails. Looked fabulous. Apparently she is singing on Strictly Come Dancing tomorrow night so will maybe get a better look at them then. :lol:

she was also in the sun yesterday...with her gladiator hand?, it was to do with the EMA awards and i noticed she had them on there.

Are there going to be workshops or training days to help do MInx?

Beyonce was just on BBC news this morning doing an interview re Obama and she had her nails minxed!! The silver metallic on her fingernails. Looked fabulous. Apparently she is singing on Strictly Come Dancing tomorrow night so will maybe get a better look at them then. :lol:

I saw her wearing the silver lightening tonight on Strictly Come Dancing, I screamed I were so excited! :green:

i saw it too - looked lush:green:

Does anyone have any tips for applying Minx over nail enhancements, all I seem to get is creasing around the lateral folds :mad:

Thanks

Well I just got my kit and WOW!!!!!!
I tried it with a hair dryer-hard to do and then I went and got a heat light bulb and generic lamp as I wanted to see if I liked them well enough to invest much money and I am impressed!

Minx does so much better with the heat lamp-my nails have a fair amount of arch and are acrylic and I am going on a week and I am a working nail tech.The covering got very pliable -I centered it and went back to the cuticle over the moon then to the free edge and folded over,THEN I went to the sidewalls and the deep corners of my thumb nail --all under the heat lamp-gently pulling just enough to eliminate all the wrinkles and WOW--YOU MUST WAIT FOR IT TO COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE FILING or it will fray.I could not believe how nicely it covered this nail.My nails are about as deep a curve as you can get.I made sure the Minx was warm and worked close to a 125 watt heat lamp-they suggest 175 watt but where I live it was 125 or 250 and so I went for the lesser wattage.Patience--we as l&p users are used to going fast so things don't set up on us-this is just the opposite!!
I did the clear over my french acrylic and compared to topcoat the Minx beats it hands down for shine.Thinner than UV gel coat that I use.
After 20+ years in the biz-I can't say enough-sure beats the waiting for nails to dry thing!!!
Keep trying!:!:

Does anyone have any tips for applying Minx over nail enhancements, all I seem to get is creasing around the lateral folds :mad:

Thanks

Geeg said to solve this you need to work from east to west instead of cuticle to free edge...

Also NailNana's description is VERY good and exactly how it should be done.

It helps if you have ever done any wallpapering!!! :hug:

Bev Rose - nails are fab hun, looking in to getting the kit myself, I'm like a kid with a new toy :lol:

Oh my wallpapering is fabulous! Hope my Minx nails are as good.

LOL, I've not even unpacked my lamp yet to look at it, I've just not had a minute lately. A bit like my wallpapering. Every room in my house needs done!

Marion xx

Well I just got my kit and WOW!!!!!!
I tried it with a hair dryer-hard to do and then I went and got a heat light bulb and generic lamp as I wanted to see if I liked them well enough to invest much money and I am impressed!

Minx does so much better with the heat lamp-my nails have a fair amount of arch and are acrylic and I am going on a week and I am a working nail tech.The covering got very pliable -I centered it and went back to the cuticle over the moon then to the free edge and folded over,THEN I went to the sidewalls and the deep corners of my thumb nail --all under the heat lamp-gently pulling just enough to eliminate all the wrinkles and WOW--YOU MUST WAIT FOR IT TO COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE FILING or it will fray.I could not believe how nicely it covered this nail.My nails are about as deep a curve as you can get.I made sure the Minx was warm and worked close to a 125 watt heat lamp-they suggest 175 watt but where I live it was 125 or 250 and so I went for the lesser wattage.Patience--we as l&p users are used to going fast so things don't set up on us-this is just the opposite!!
I did the clear over my french acrylic and compared to topcoat the Minx beats it hands down for shine.Thinner than UV gel coat that I use.
After 20+ years in the biz-I can't say enough-sure beats the waiting for nails to dry thing!!!
Keep trying!:!:

Fantastic, thank you :hug:

Actually, funny you say that --I have done a lot of wallpapering!!;) And it kind of is the same,but wallpaper isn't supposed to stretch..........on purpose!!
Nailnana

Has anyone experienced the minx going black on the ends on fingers ? i did a pink patterned set on friday and by monday my client said they were black on the ends and looking a little sad ?

the silver lightening on my toes have been on 2 weeks and are still in tip top condition as if they were put on today

thanks

karren

Has anyone experienced the minx going black on the ends on fingers ? i did a pink patterned set on friday and by monday my client said they were black on the ends and looking a little sad ?

the silver lightening on my toes have been on 2 weeks and are still in tip top condition as if they were put on today

thanks

karren

Then I would say that person abused them. It has never been my experience that Minx have gone black. I think I'd ask what she had been doing with her hands to get them into that condition.

Latest posts

Back