Minx Road Testing - Want to post your results?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your mum is great, ( I kinda feel like I know her) I can't wait to spend some time getting to know her, I was flatout today when she and Naomi popped in.

Minx will be great for dogs, I could make a packet doing these, we have a very high end pet accessory shop just up the road.

Go to it... you would be the first... ! Thanks for the update. I would love to meet you one day too... your toes look great... how did we ALL know you would choose the zebra!!! :smack: Kelly was bang on there. :hug: :hug:

Your toes look great Carl, as do Chicane's - will you be sporting yours with flip flops (or thongs as you call 'em) :green:

I MINXED THE DOG !!!!!
minx02.jpg
:eek: omg this is the "mutts nutts" as you could say lol...
I love it !!!! You have the blingest pooch !

I wonder if max will let me do his tomorrow with my pink cheetah ones...I know it won't do his "scary male rotty" image any good like but hey ho, he likes a good pamper session :green:

Trust you, Carl, to even think of Minxing the DOG!!! I do feel that one is not really enough .. you have to do the 10 front nails on her paws. When people pass by they WILL notice.

So lovely to meet up today and looking forward to the new year when we meet up again. It will be fun to work together!

I guess I better email Samantha pronto before she disowns me but we are having too much fun here and on the go every minute.

Off to Melbourne tomorrow to spend the Xmas holidays with Simon's sister and family but back in Sydney for the New Year and New Years Eve boat trip in the harbour for the fireworks and dinner, dancing etc. You would die if you knew what a taxi costs to get to the boat .... Thank goodness 6 of us are sharing!!! Those taxi drivers sure know how to take advanage of the situation. I have heard of people taking the P before but the fare is rediculous. Well you just have to do it don't you ... once anyway.

How great is this site for bringing like minds together and professionals who want to share and learn. Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy.

Got some Minx hand delivered by Geeg herself today (surprise visit) and couldn't resist, as soon as I got home I whacked a few on .....
being a bloke, the large one didn't fit by big toenail (there's gaps down the side).
It was fun playing (I even found an old infa red lamp hiding in the cupboard).

My past experience with silk wraps really helped.

Here's my Minxed clod-hoppers:)
minx01.jpg
While I remember I must just share that if the Minx is not big enough to cover the whole toe, then it is easy to cut out a piece and fit it in down the side and overlap slightly the design. I have done it several times and no one can tell. It is harder to do it with plain designs like the gold and silver but with the patterns, it is a piece of cake. So go for it and do it!!

Carl what would you charge for doing the pooch's of the the Cross?... you have a market up there.. why not..
That dog is way to spoilt!!! lol

Geeg, Glad that you are here safe and sound.. .... sounds like you are having a ball... You are right... taxi's are a rip off.. they charge an arm and a leg..
See you in a few weeks. X Mel

Carl what would you charge for doing the pooch's of the the Cross?... you have a market up there.. why not..
That dog is way to spoilt!!! lol

Geeg, Glad that you are here safe and sound.. .... sounds like you are having a ball... You are right... taxi's are a rip off.. they charge an arm and a leg..
See you in a few weeks. X Mel

Can't wait to meet you Mel.

I am having a blast! We went out into the harbour in Andy's boat today (6 of Us) AND YOU CAN'T IMAGINE unless you have done it how exciting that harbour is. Something happening every second. Sea planes landing ... ferries coming and going ... private boats and yachts and helicopters dragging banners in the sky not to mention all the boats for the Sydney Hobart race doing their thing and practising ... kyacks etc etc ... absolutely amazing and fun. We went swimming and snorkling and the sun was Hot.
Loving it!! :green:

I can't wait to meet you either Gigi... Sounds like you had a wonderful day on the harbour... swimming and all.... the water is a little fresh for this time of the year.. normally it is a little warmer.. but when you are on holidays you just dont have time to be choosy...
take care and see you soon
X Mel

All the aussie geeks are buzzing with excitment.. it is going to be a wonderful day for al of us...

Hope you have fun with Carl.. his salon is just so cool....

I love the idea of Minx, and the designs, but have found it very hard to get a smooth free edge. I have tried several sets and find the edge always ends up rough and peels within a few days. I've used the minx file and the correct heat sourse, and tried the girlfriend buffer to smooth it, but with no great results. I can aply the Minx well, with no creases but my free edge lets me down. Its driving me mad!!!!:grr: I also don't think the sizing is great as they seem to be a bit on the small side.

I love the idea of Minx, and the designs, but have found it very hard to get a smooth free edge. I have tried several sets and find the edge always ends up rough and peels within a few days. I've used the minx file and the correct heat sourse, and tried the girlfriend buffer to smooth it, but with no great results. I can aply the Minx well, with no creases but my free edge lets me down. Its driving me mad!!!!:grr: I also don't think the sizing is great as they seem to be a bit on the small side.

Make sure the Minx are cool before you file them and that you have ot over stretched them; then try to move along the free edge in a one swipe downward movement with the file at a 45degree angle (don't see saw back and forth) this works a treat and no rough edges.

As per usual problems do not have to occur. Just like with PopIts, a light touch is all that is required. Try not to overplay things. Same with doing enhancements too really, if you think about it. If you over do things, you get into bother.

We have found that it is very, very important to wash the minx nail file between EVERY application - liquid soap and water and a nail brush!

The dust collects in the micro holes and the file becomes less effective, we found when we cleaned it after EVERY client it felt like a sharp knife slicing through the minx and did not give 'raggedy edges'.

Good Luck, HTH!

I still have my minx on lol....It will be 8 weeks tomorrow I think :green:

They still look Ok from stood up distance, from close up they have grown out quite a bit... and obviously I have trimmed them inbetween or I would have freakishly long toenails by now lmao...

I Didn't do mine the "correct" way either, I used the hairdryer method :o

They are staying put too until I get the gold ones after christmas lol

I'm going mental ........
I have been xmas shopping and all day I have been singing Katy Perry's song "I kissed a girl".

But in my head I have changed the lyrics to "I Minxed the dog"
Am I insane, or does this just kinda happen ?

I have been xmas shopping and all day I have been singing Katy Perry's song "I kissed a girl".

I am now singing that in my head with the new words!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:lol::lol: I am having such a crap week that this post just had me howling with laughter, I really needed that. Have to say I love Chicane's minxed paw, not sure my cat would let me try that :lol:

I am now singing that in my head with the new words!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yup me too, it was weeks before I realised she was singing chapstick and not chopstick but chopstick stuck so now not only does she love the taste of cherry chopstick she also minxed her dog! :lol:

Geeg, so glad your having such a great time, I was just thinking you were away for a long time and here you are checking in! Happy Christmas to you over there from me and MrMin :hug: xx

:lol::lol: I am having such a crap week that this post just had me howling with laughter, I really needed that. Have to say I love Chicane's minxed paw, not sure my cat would let me try that :lol:

Yup me too, it was weeks before I realised she was singing chapstick and not chopstick but chopstick stuck so now not only does she love the taste of cherry chopstick she also minxed her dog! :lol:

Geeg, so glad your having such a great time, I was just thinking you were away for a long time and here you are checking in! Happy Christmas to you over there from me and MrMin :hug: xx

OH MY DAYS... now I am singing Chopstick too!!! Chopstick - Min that is so funny... what the hell did you think her cherry chopstick was :eek:. Oh I am sitting at my desk here howling (I have turned into Chicane)!!

Sorry to go off topic - Carl started it!!! :smack:

OH MY DAYS... now I am singing Chopstick too!!! Chopstick - Min that is so funny... what the hell did you think her cherry chopstick was :eek:. Oh I am sitting at my desk here howling (I have turned into Chicane)!!

Sorry to go off topic - Carl started it!!! :smack:

Don't ask :eek: What I can say was I thought that was a new term for it and bloody hell, thats a heck of a lyric for a song.

I only realised when I saw the words in front of me and thought ooooh I see........... :lol:

Just editing to add that MrMin had said about some press articles about the record when I commented I couldn't get the tune out of my head after hearing it the first time. I couldn't see what the big issue was and decided it must be something to do with the Cherry Chopstick lyric! I just thought maybe something else had a weird name these days :lol:

Last edited:
In honour of Chicane... here's the REVISED lyrics :wink2:

You have to hum to tune as you sing the lyrics :lol:

I kissed Chicane and I liked it,
the taste of her Minxed tootsies.
I kissed Chicane just to try it,
I hope my puppy don't mind it.
It felt so wrong {{woof woof}}
it felt so right. {{{woof woof}}}
Don't mean I'm in love tonight.
I kissed Chicane and I liked it (I liked it)

Sorry to add to the 'going off of thread' :wink2:

Latest posts

Back