Minx Road Testing - Want to post your results?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i didnt consider minx at all purely because everyone in northeast are boring, i must have the most exciting nails on at the mo and are only a custom blend and glitter free edges, everyone up here dont want nail art at all, so for me getting into minx would be a total waste of money

shame really

i didnt consider minx at all purely because everyone in northeast are boring, i must have the most exciting nails on at the mo and are only a custom blend and glitter free edges, everyone up here dont want nail art at all, so for me getting into minx would be a total waste of money

shame really

Liven them up a bit !!!

OI NORTH EAST PEOPLE.......WAKEY WAKEY !!!!!!!!!!!

You have a grand master at your fingertips....(litrally hahahaha lol)
C'mon peeps get your toes minxed and be BRAVE !!!!
:lol:

(I tried G.....see how much I luvs ya :hug: )​

I understand where you're coming from Glynnis - but why not opt for some silver lightening on your next order & put them on your own nails with the hairdryer method - you never know, you will deffo get loads of remarks & then there'll be the odd client who MUST HAVE them!!!!!!
What have you got to lose? :hug:

shame really

Glynis .... don´t be making assumptions for your clients. All you do is limit yourself and your potential.
Wear some Minx yourself and see how many ask you about them.
Holiday season is approaching.
If you wear them, they will be asking for them don´t you worry.

Remember ............ be BOLD. Saying ... "my clients won´t like them", is NOT being bold. Stop ASSUMING --- and remember that to ASSUME makes and ASS out of U and ME!!

I had previously tried Minx on toes and as I have already said they are still fab 6 weeks on and I have only removed them as the regrowth was looking too much IYKWIM.

I had a minx applied to my pinkie at The Event and my natural nails are not in good shape (all self inflicted) so just over a week on and it is still perfect.

Definitely getting the thumbs up from me

Glynis .... don´t be making assumptions for your clients. All you do is limit yourself and your potential.
Wear some Minx yourself and see how many ask you about them.
Holiday season is approaching.
If you wear them, they will be asking for them don´t you worry.

Remember ............ be BOLD. Saying ... "my clients won´t like them", is NOT being bold. Stop ASSUMING --- and remember that to ASSUME makes and ASS out of U and ME!!

Well said!
I make a habit of wearing nail colours I wouldn't ordinarily consider just so I can show my clients. And I always say "have a look at these, don't they look fab!" (even if I'm not that keen on the colour!)
I do the same with makeup colours too, so that they can see the effects that can be achieved with the range I stock.
Someone far more eloquent than I said "don't close their wallet before they've even opened it"
:)

Here's a set I did on natural nails yesterday....

And the toes were done on Thursday......

Bev, they look really good, I looove the toe design, deffo my fave apart from the silver,, think I know what can go on my birthday list now, cuz I wanna play :)

Has anyone else had a go yet? I dont have the kit as yet but am really interested to see the different designs on fingers and tootsies x

Love the look but haven't tried them myself yet as I'm on maternity leave & I've been banned from buying more nail stuff till I'm ready to go back to work lol. Maybe I could put it on my Christmas list so I'm not buying it myself.

Can't wait to try it out. Any geeks need a guinea pig?? :lol:

I haven't tried these yet....but i have been putting the idea to some of my clients...and the price which is what has been bothering me.....(£25 for their normal rebalance and then £25 for the minx) and so far no guarantees that they will last till there next appointment (3-4 weeks)...and they all looked a bit uninterested.....UNTIL...i then showed them the Minx poster with Samantha's feet on and all the designs. As soon as they saw that they where asking for me to get some in for Christmas, the change in there interest was amazing....it was "ohhh they are lovely though"...and "yeah i would pay for those for a special occasion"....

so it looks like the clients really do have to see them...and to do that you have to have your poster on the wall....and the Minx on your nails. I feel alot more positive about it now than i did.

My toes are still fab...(pink cheetah ones) the edge on the big toes has slightly worn, but I know exactly why...They are too long and rub on me shoes...

I have one on my pinkie damaged nail...weak and always spilts on the free edge...again its still fab !
and I certainly havent been careful, as I am seeing what they can handle (normal day to day stuff)
I do think I have scuffed it somehow with a file, it has like a file mark on the top if I have it at a certain angle....But not very noticable...

I'll take some pics later on x

Angie I am glad your feeling more positive about them hun...
:hug:
I like the quote someone said on here
"don't close your clients purse before they have opened it"
I am keeping that in my mind from now on xxxx

I have minxed one ring finger today with 'silver lightning'

I have done it over a very long almond gel Popit. I do have a couple of slight kinks on the sidewalls, but did find it hard on myself.

Overall I am pleased with the result, has anyone else done them over Popits ???

I have minxed one ring finger today with 'silver lightning'

I have done it over a very long almond gel Popit. I do have a couple of slight kinks on the sidewalls, but did find it hard on myself.

Overall I am pleased with the result, has anyone else done them over Popits ???

I haven't had them over popits Adele, I have worn them a few times over enhancements though, but so far the results haven't been as good as on natural nails.

I haven't had them over popits Adele, I have worn them a few times over enhancements though, but so far the results haven't been as good as on natural nails.

That is interesting, I wouldn't have dared to use the 'mettalics' over enhancements as a rule (if the finish isn't absolutely perfect it would stick out like a sore thumb)

How were they different ?

The feedback I had from a client who had them over enhancements wasn't particularly positive in terms of longevity, whereas the thumb I did on me over natural nail lasted really well........ Interesting.

and yet enamel lasts much better over enhancements than it does natural nails....Mmmm

Well we all know enamel prefers cold, Heat makes it tacky
.whereas minx prefer heat !
Natural nails are warmer than enhancements.

So Maybe body heat is also a factor ???

Less heat, enamel stays put better.....minx don't like it too much...
More heat....minx stay put better....Enamel doesnt like heat too much

This is nothing technical, Just a little though that I thought I'd jot down lol

I am really excited about getting my Minx kit. Going to order it next week and get cracking! The salon owner and the girls are all going to be my victims! I mean volunteers!! They are all going o wear the badges,,,,,,,,and I am doing a ladies night soon at the primary school near the salon I rent space at. I am going to be boasting and 'bigging' up the Minx for the festive season!!!
Will watch this space for the Minx on the enhancement though, I have clients who are really keen to have them one I have ordered. They wear enhancements...............it has to work!! lol

Well we all know enamel prefers cold, Heat makes it tacky
.whereas minx prefer heat !
Natural nails are warmer than enhancements.

So Maybe body heat is also a factor ???

Less heat, enamel stays put better.....minx don't like it too much...
More heat....minx stay put better....Enamel doesnt like heat too much

This is nothing technical, Just a little though that I thought I'd jot down lol

I wanna be in your chemistry class!!!......at the back....passing notes......and chewing gum

I wanna be in your chemistry class!!!......at the back....passing notes......and chewing gum
Lmao....doug schoon wants to watch his back...I might even bring out a book next year !!! :lol:

:green:

Latest posts

Back