Monday comps at Gmex..sculpting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic, well done to all of you xxxxxx

Well done to you all, and I am so glad I had a nail done be antony on sunday. xxxx

Yes, and a very fine custom blend nail it was too Annemac. It was an amazing transformation and looked so natural for a custom blend. x x x

Well done to Ant, Georgie and Gemma. I was competing against them today and got 5th place so I am very happy.:)

Well done Sarah, a great placing, up against such fantastic and seasoned competitors!!!

Congratulations everyone!!!

One word......WOW!

Well done guys! Antony competing in the UK....well I never PMSL! :hug:
was just thinking the same , anthony has been a long time since u have competed in the uk... fabulous results well done x

Well done Sarah, a great placing, up against such fantastic and seasoned competitors!!!

Congratulations everyone!!!
well done sarah xx

Congratulations to all three :)

I had the priviledge of popping in to have a peek today but didn't know anyone off here so apologies if you were there. I did see Anthony though... recognised him from his avatar. The lady that was announcing the time etc., (sorry lady for not knowing your name) let me have a look at the entries for the encapsulation competition. All I can say is WOW!!

Everyone's work is amazing and credit to all of you for having the bottle to enter in the first place.

So :hug:'s for everyone and special :hug:'s to the winners xx

has anyone got any piccies of the encapsulation comp? :hug:

OK, I'm not really a nail tech, I have a VTCT and I have trained with Calgel but I only do an occasional set of nails... it's just not really my thing. So please everyone forgive me if what I am saying is contentious because obviously 'I know nothing' but I would have thought comps were for techs on their way up, rather than techs who are already at the top??? If I were new to comps and I knew that major industry names were competing, why would I bother to enter??

Congratulations to all three :)

I had the priviledge of popping in to have a peek today but didn't know anyone off here so apologies if you were there. I did see Anthony though... recognised him from his avatar. The lady that was announcing the time etc., (sorry lady for not knowing your name) let me have a look at the entries for the encapsulation competition. All I can say is WOW!!

Everyone's work is amazing and credit to all of you for having the bottle to enter in the first place.

So :hug:'s for everyone and special :hug:'s to the winners xx

That was me (Sue). Anytime, all interest is welcomed and if we can encourage new competitors then all the better. Perhaps we'll see you at the next comp.

Antony competed in Free Form Sculpt which is an open category. Levels are used in the tip and overlay categories which lead to the championship. Antony and Georgie entering is within the rules and regs for that category. I think that after an initial shock from the competitors most that I spoke to after were pleased with their results and it gives competitors an idea of what to head for. Rise to the challenge an all that.... what if you manage to beat him. The achievement would be great.

You have to remember that for Antony this could have been a nightmare, what if he'd had a bad day (unlikely) but he might not have placed and it is a brave thing to do after so long away from the comp circuit.

It made for a great day and it was a main topic of conversation amongst many on Sunday night and Monday morning.

Antony competed in Free Form Sculpt which is an open category. Levels are used in the tip and overlay categories which lead to the championship.
Ah I didn't know that! Is there any reason that it's different to tip/overlay?

Antony competed in Free Form Sculpt which is an open category. Levels are used in the tip and overlay categories which lead to the championship. Antony and Georgie entering is within the rules and regs for that category. I think that after an initial shock from the competitors most that I spoke to after were pleased with their results and it gives competitors an idea of what to head for. Rise to the challenge an all that.... what if you manage to beat him. The achievement would be great.

You have to remember that for Antony this could have been a nightmare, what if he'd had a bad day (unlikely) but he might not have placed and it is a brave thing to do after so long away from the comp circuit.

It made for a great day and it was a main topic of conversation amongst many on Sunday night and Monday morning.

I think this is absolutely right!!! There was a thread that liza smith posted after birmingham about the comps that she had entered.
Even the best are human!!

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/71467-competition-lessons-learnt.html

Free Form Sculpt was kept separate when the Championships was created.

It does mean that anyone can enter the sculpt category so if they have won and don't want to enter the Championships they can can still compete in a competition nail category as well as those who do compete in the champs having another category to compete in. Salon Nail is also an open category that anyone can enter.

For a fuller description Chocolate would be more able to answer as she was involved in the changeover. Maybe she'll respond when she has recovered from PBN. Ive only just managed to crawl to my pc!!! lol

That was me (Sue). Anytime, all interest is welcomed and if we can encourage new competitors then all the better. Perhaps we'll see you at the next comp.

Hello again... Thank you so much for yesterday. You never know I may have a go at fibreglass.... :wink2:

Hello again... Thank you so much for yesterday. You never know I may have a go at fibreglass.... :wink2:

Go for it. The wraps class is under subscribed and it would be a nice one to start out in competition as there is no smile line to worry about. Check out some of the rules and regs on the pb website - www.professionalbeauty.co.uk

hi guys thank you all! unfortunately in the craziness of the comps i forgot to take pics of my sculptured but i do have pics of my championship nails from the Sunday i came 2nd. oh and i have pics of kirsty lunds winning encapsulation nails!!!
can some one please tell me how to put the photos on???????

best way would be to load into your album in your profile. Once loaded click on the second line under the image and paste into your post. HTH

gemma+lambert-albums-nails++me%21-picture7308-championship-nails-manchester-08-2nd-place.jpg
gemma+lambert-albums-nails++me%21-picture7309-encapulation-nails-kirsty-lund-winner-manchester-08.jpg

hope ypu like!!

Latest posts

Back