My Race for Life

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zingara

Reaction score
To my wonderful geeky friends.....

Well, further to Lellipop's great thread, for which I am eternally grateful....

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/68801-lets-help-lyndsay-fab-fellow-geek-race-life.html

I am pleased to report that I completed my 'Race for Life' this gorgeous hot afternoon in 42 minutes. Not the fastest 5km by any stretch of the imagination....but I thoroughly enjoyed it and felt the support from each and everyone of you with every step I took!

So far I have rasied nearly £1500 for Cancer Research UK....an incredible total that many of you have contributed to...I really hope you are all incredibly proud of yourselves, as you should be! For those that have promised you would donate (there are a few of you!), there is still a few days to do so if you still wish to....see the link in my signature below!

I actually worked out very early on in the race that every step I took was worth about 25p so far....how's that for inspiration to finish? Crikey....I'd have kept on running for a lot further if it increased the amount!:lol:

Incidentally, Morgandie, who was waiting for me full of smiles, with her Daddy at the finish line, continues to go from strength to strength, and is now walking (lots and fast!) She had another clear scan at Great Ormond Street last week, much to our relief. She is a true joy in life and has a special cuddle put aside for everyone that has helped so far! :hug:

Good luck to all my geeky buddies that are yet to race! And thanks again....love ya all!

Attachments

• RFL Lyndsay Morgandie 2.JPG
    RFL Lyndsay Morgandie 2.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 109
  • RFL Lyndsay Morgandie.JPG
    RFL Lyndsay Morgandie.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 107
So very proud of you Lyndsay xxxxx:hug:

Your daughter gets more beautiful with every new photo.

My husband is broody now he adores getting updates about her:hug:

Wow Lynsday you are star I am amazed by your strength and I think if we all took time to help others in life than this world would be such a fab place. The pics are lovely and Morgandie is one special little lady who has such a wondeful couple for parents :hug: Also Lynsday wish my bum was so taut lmao training paid off :)

LOL! Your bum does look good hun! The pics are fab xx

Well done on raising so much and doing the run. You are an inspiration to me and Morgandie is such a little darling and also very lucky to have such a wonderful Mumand Dad.

WELL DONE! xxx:hug:

:lol: I think I must have been clenching!

Congratulations, Lydnsay. I'm so impressed by your dedication! Well done.:hug:

:hug:well done mate:hug:

your both looking fantastic in the photos i agree!

Clenching indeed...

Hey.....why not rub it in i can even see the seaside in that pic!

Glad your all ok

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well done sweetie a wonderful achievment and what lovely happy pictures:hug::hug::hug:

You did fantastically well and should feel very proud.

Massive hugs for you and Morgandie :hug: xxx

Well done Lindsay, thats brilliant. Feeling really proud of you, all of you actually as a family! xxx :hug::hug::hug:

You are such an inspiration Lyndsay,we are sooo very proud of you :Love: xxxxxxxxx

Aww well done Lyndsay and fantastic news about Morgandie.:hug:
She is so gorgeous hun xx:hug:xx

a huge well done Lyndsay !!!

wonderful amount of money you've raised xx and great to hear Morgandie is doing soo well xx

Well done hun! You look great! xxx

Well done!!!! You should be very proud!!! Hope I can do as good on Sunday in the 10k run in Manchester!! Plus with the fundraiser I'm helping with on the Saturday!! BIG HUGS!!!! :hug: :hug:

Well done!!!! You should be very proud!!! Hope I can do as good on Sunday in the 10k run in Manchester!! Plus with the fundraiser I'm helping with on the Saturday!! BIG HUGS!!!! :hug: :hug:

ooh, good luck hun! Its a very emotional day I can tell you xx:hug:xx

Lyndsay congrats hun, well done you and what a fabuloous amount raised so far, Morgandie looks gorgeous (as ever) in the pics as do you hun!!! jealous tbh lol

take care hun xxxx

Fantastic, well done hun, am loving the pics xxx :hug:

Well done!! What a fantastic amount of money to raise aswell! xx

Congratulations sweetie. Be proud of yourself.:hug:

Latest posts

Back