Nail polish for £83,000 anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hat

Reaction score
The world's most expensive nail polish has gone on sale for £83,000.

The reason for the whopping price? The lid on the bottle is hand-crafted from solid gold with a total of 1,118 diamonds inset.

The polish is being released by Model's Own, a brand of fashion and colour-led cosmetics. The staggeringly-priced varnish is called Gold Rush and, when applied, gives the nails the appearance of gold leaf. It's currently available at London jeweller Frost of London.

For mere mortals without £83,000 to burn, Model's Own will launch a ready-to-wear version for a humble £5 from February 2011.

Attachments

• DownloadedFile.jpeg
    DownloadedFile.jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 216
Holy moly! I think if i had 83 grand lying around I'd be buying a range rover not a nail polish lol

wow, you would have to suffer some soft of mental defficiency to spend THAT much on nail polish.
HOLY MOLY!
All the other things that could be done with that money.
WOWZERS!!

God that just makes me feel sick!!!!!

An obscene gesture, frankly.

An obscene gesture, frankly.

That's EXACTLY what I thought.
When people spend that kind of money so frivolously.. it's to get NOTICED. It's all about "me" and "look at me".
I understand jewellery. You'll wear it.
But they're not going to wear the polish bottle, just the contents.
What will they do with the bottle? Stick it in a drawer?
How ridiculous.
Better to spend the £5 on the regular version, and give the rest to charity imo

this is amazing, I have been wowed!!!:!::!::!::!:

Better to spend the £5 on the regular version, and give the rest to charity imo

Totally agree - if you have that kind of money then do something worthwhile with it!

If you can afford to spend that on a polish you wouldn't worry about keeping the bottle would you, oh and who in their right mind would want to polish their own nails if they can spend 83K on a bottle.

If it was a salon who bought it imagine how much they would charge for a manicure if they used it?

I think it more of a statement from the company. A bit like when Selfridges I think it was were selling a sandwich for £85ish. Noone will probably buy it but it looks good.
If I had money to burn I would buy it. Not to say 'hey look at me' but because I could.

Don't suppose there's much point putting it on my Xmas List then! :green: x

I wonder if anyone will actually buy it. Maybe some flash Harry from the City will put it in his girlfriends Christmas stocking.:)

Sheeeeeeeeesus!

Dont think I will be able to add this one to my christmas list haha! :green:

:)
Hahahah I've just placed my order, thought I better order two just incase I run out & cant get it anymore hehehe:lol: ,

Ill have two :lol:

Seriously clever advertising for models own though!!:lol:

obscene, makes me feel ill

cash or cheque?? :lol:

I'm sorry but any person that actually is crazy enough to buy this needs putting in a nut house!!! lol

Latest posts

Back