Nail Polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jessica imo have the worst polish I have ever worked with, always going gloopy & never seemed to last longer than three days (with the exception of french polish) and they used peel off ?? Why I don't know but im not the only one thats had this problem.

Ive also done the Jessica training & worked at two different salons that stocked Jessica & we all had the same problem :confused: Shame really as I love all the other products & the training was ace, one of the best courses ive attended.

I have a bottle of this bought from a show few years ago. Loved the colours & its still as good as new after about 3 years & half used, but ive never seen it sold anywhere since.

You can buy it online now

Last edited:
Iv got some colour club little polishes and think they are fab, im going to stick with my CND but i also have these as a back for colour! Trying to find the Jica website?

I really like Colour Club also, but most of the polishes I use are manufactured in Aus

I used Orly to train at college. I like the application, the brush is a nice size and it goes on well. The cap is also good, easy to grip and I love the loo of the mini sizes - perfect for taking on holiday. However, I moved on to using Essie, as the range of colours is phenomenal. They last remarkably well, ive had pedicures last 3 weeks on holiday, me and my clients. Apart from that, I get mine from America from

Head2Toe Beauty Store - Hair Care, Nail Care, Skin Care, Salon Furniture & Equipment

and even with shipping they cost much less per bottle than buying from Beauty Express. They sell each bottle for $3.50, which is about £1.50. Depending on how many you buy, the shipping still makes them cheaper. I usually buy about 15/16 when i order and it works out about 2.60 per bottle. Bargain!

You can buy other ranges from these guys as well.

xxx

I got mine from Betty with some other stuff i orserd can the life of me remember their web address i will drag the invoice out for the name.Sensual nails use to distrubute for them aswell ill have a look colour club.x wow i cant beleive that nailzoo likes something the same has me lol

Jessica imo have the worst polish I have ever worked with, always going gloopy & never seemed to last longer than three days (with the exception of french polish) and they used peel off ?? Why I don't know but im not the only one thats had this problem.

We used to use Jessica in the salon but had a few people come in to ask for something else the next time complaining of the peeling off (no value for money) and one who even complained of a yellowish stain that seemed to take weeks to disappear.

I don't do nails but always use Leighton Denny at home (and take it into work for the girls to use on me too) and I love it!

xLx

Last edited:
I work with OPI :) and love them but I know that the Essie polishes are really nice, easy to apply, and the color in the bottle shows well... and is easy to hold, and they have many colors.

I don't think I've heard of the other 2 you named, here at least.

if I had to change my polish brand, I'd give a go to NFU-OH polishes, for 2 reasons, I know the French distrib and she tests her stuff for AGES before (maybe) selling them (she's still testing the polishes...) so I could use them in a training and they are really great, color wise (tested on tips)

and the bottle!! my dear, the bottle! looks like a corset-dress!! google it, it is amazing.

I would stay away from any polish with formaldeyhde in it.
There is alot of info about that at the moment,
OPI ahve taken that out of their new polish range
Try CM polishes

hi can anyone tell me if they have tried collection 2000 and maybeline polishes and if they are any good

These are high street brands yes?

collection 2000 has got to be one of the worst quality of products in general around..its cheap and crude. Both collection 2000 and maybelline are 'high street' brands and not professional products. If you are looking for products to use on clients..then you should be looking for good quality products that are not readily available for joe public to buy out of boots or wherever. If you are in training now then i'm surprised you don't know this. You need to fill your profile out btw so the geeks can see if your training, qualified, who with etc.

Last edited:
Collection 2000 polishes are really not very good quality at all. They're very cheap. I did used to use them as a teenager and to be quite honest they didn't last very well. Chipped and scuffed off very easily.

Maybelline... don't think I've used one of them for *years*! However, once I discovered CND and OPI I really haven't looked back. Much prefer professional brands!

Professional products last so much longer on nails!

Hope that helps!

i agree i can buy collection 2000 from my supplier for so little that just shows how much it is really worth as they will be making money on it and it is poor quality maybelline are ok for home use but that is about all not high enough quality for professionals

Last edited:
In a word 'Rubbish':irked:
They are the worst quality of enamel I have ever tried.
They aren't close to be being a professional product and I would if I was you spend a little more and get a great product.:hug:

In a word 'Rubbish':irked:
They are the worst quality of enamel I have ever tried.
They aren't close to be being a professional product and I would if I was you spend a little more and get a great product.:hug:

Here here, round of applause, would never touch a high street brand again.:lol:

I agree with all the above crap in other words to be honest.Try CND or OPI they are great but theres other professional polishes aswell that are good.HTH's

I'd definitely give "China Glaze" and "Zoya" polishes a go. They are quality nail polishes and have lovely thin brushes for easy application. Make sure you use a top brand top coat too, it makes the world of difference :)

Georgy

has anyone tried Color Club by Forsythe ?

Colour Club is fab, it stays on the nails roughly about 12 days and it also dries really fast. They also have a good base coat called stuck on you and the top coat is call 0-60 speedy top coat.

This seasons colours are nautical, very deep navy, reds, corals ect.

Try them I am sure you will love them.

AOL Search

good are they...?...cant see prices or if they deliver to uk...some nice colours there. x

Colour Club is now available in the UK without having to be shipped in from abroad.

The polish roughly lasts for around 12 days, using stuck on you base coat and 0 -60 top coat.

The new colours this season are nautical range a deep cream navy. reds and corals.

The polishes dry quickly and the polish does not go gluppie in the bottle too.

I do not want to post trade prices on here but if anyone wants to know the trade prices pm me and I will let you know.

Also I will add the uk website for the distributer below but the website is not finished yet, you can email though.

Jica - Welcome

Latest posts

Back