Nuisance Calls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julesgems

Reaction score
Hi

Don't know if any of you have experienced this, but in this last week alone I have had 5 calls from people wanting to buy my business!:confused:

I believe they are getting my name/number from my advert on yell.com. However, it baffles me that somebody would want to buy me out! I am a mobile nail and tan tech and although they could buy my client base - it doesn't necessarily follow that clients will stay with them.

Is this down to the credit crunch - are people that desperate?

Anyone else had this?

i get nuisance texts messages from men pretending to know me, saying things like i have a sexy bum and giving me there msn so i can get in contact.
i just ignore them but my husband does get a bit fed up of them because he thinks i know them and i'm lying about it.
wish people would get a life!

Hi

Don't know if any of you have experienced this, but in this last week alone I have had 5 calls from people wanting to buy my business!:confused:

I believe they are getting my name/number from my advert on yell.com. However, it baffles me that somebody would want to buy me out! I am a mobile nail and tan tech and although they could buy my client base - it doesn't necessarily follow that clients will stay with them.

Anyone else had this?

ive had these recently, emails too.

i get nuisance texts messages from men pretending to know me, saying things like i have a sexy bum

I think if I got text messages like that and the guys could actually see me, they would be VERY dissapointed :lol:

There are some very strange people in the world....

M.

i get nuisance texts messages from men pretending to know me, saying things like i have a sexy bum and giving me there msn so i can get in contact.

OMG report these to your mobile network supplier. I know that vodaphone have the facility to do this so I suspect the others have to.

Stay safe

Leslie

i just ignore them but my husband does get a bit fed up of them because he thinks i know them and i'm lying about it.

I wish someone would text me a tell me I had a sexy bum!

I wish someone would offer to buy my business, I'd sell it them in a flash, they could have all 3 boxes of products, the table, business cards and my 0 clients:green: all for a fair price of course:rolleyes:

Hi Jules,
as I was reading your message the first thing I thought was someone is trying to take advantage of the credit crunch. You're lucy if I received such a phone call I would tell them that I am selling for £12m hehehe hahaha that would put them off :)

Hiya Bebeautiful

Never thought of that! Next one who shows an interest - I will sell for 10 million!

I wish someone would offer to buy my business, I'd sell it them in a flash, they could have all 3 boxes of products, the table, business cards and my 0 clients:green: all for a fair price of course:rolleyes:

Same here hun:hug:

I had my phone on silent the other day and had 10 missed calls all from a private number turns out it was yell.com:mad:

Last edited:
The only nuisance calls I get are advertising companies trying to get me to put adverts in their magazine, on their webpage etc etc. They drive me up the wall!!

I've had three or four calls in the last fortnight aksing if I want to sell my buisness. I just get them of the phone asap, - as far as i'm concerned all marketing calls are nuisence calls as a client may be trying to make an appointment. They have just been saying they have got my number from business listings.

humor them, tell them that you last offer was 25,000, but you are taking other offers into consideration, ask for thier details etc .......
turn it into a game

OR, just say "can you hold the line for a minute", put the phone down on the counter (without hanging up) and continue on until they hang up .....

Hi

Anyone else had this?
Yeh, i know what you mean about these calls!!! It makes me laugh though when the people forget to disguise their number and you know who it is LOL xx

:eek::eek::eek:...sounds like stalkers hun,not nuisance calls.take your phone to the police and let them deal with them.:eek::eek:...i only get calls for advertisins,so reading all these is new to me.

Hi Jules,
as I was reading your message the first thing I thought was someone is trying to take advantage of the credit crunch. You're lucy if I received such a phone call I would tell them that I am selling for £12m hehehe hahaha that would put them off :)
That's exactly what I think just thinking! :)

i just put i down to the fact my number is in a lot of places, like my local paper every friday along with my website, mobile number and name, some people are just sad and need to get a life, think its just random texting to see if they can get a reply and strike up a conversation!!!

but as someone said earlier if they actually saw my bum they may be dissapointed!:)

When my niece started out as a mobile nail tech she had an ad in the local paper and ended up getting calls and even a text picture of his bum !! It soon stopped when her husband told him to go away or else he would get him !! She just laughed it off, but she was a bit wary of her appointments. Some people have nothing else better to do unfortunately ! A while ago now though. She did say at the time if it carried on she was going to the police - you have to be careful thesedays x

Latest posts

Back