Olympia in September

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honestly, the lack of manners in some people and the barging and running people over with their enormous suitcases was all getting right on my nerves!
Im the same. I got what i wanted, had a bit of a mooch then left. I managed not to smack or shove anyone, why cant others?!

I was disappointed not to see (or maybe just couldnt find) Perron Rigot or anyone selling Refectocil. Needed to stock up.

Ooh ooh I did watch Gemma Lambert do a demo on the NSI stand. She is amazing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I'm far to excited to finish work tonight and play with my new shellac!! :) xxx

I'm waiting for my mum to arrive so we can get the train! No one pm'd me with offers and prices so I hope the card machines are working!

I'm tossing up between taking my little suitcase on wheels risking running people over or my rucksack risking knocking peolpe over everytime I turn arouns :S

I had the best idea ever. Got there just as the floodgates opened and headed straight for s2. Stuck my OH in the queue and went off to buy eve Taylor and my OPI/china glaze I needed. Picked up a few leaflets and stuff and headed back to watch holly do her thing. Was out of there by 11:30! :)

My OH goes to me: does everyone know who holly is then? And I said well anyone in this queue who doesn't know holly should just leave now :)

Oh I got a free sienna x sachet too.

I'm far to excited to finish work tonight and play with my new shellac!! :) xxx

Wish I could play with mine, it's 150miles away and there was no room in the car for my shellac too :( x

argh how do i decide what to do on my nails today!!which new shellac!!

oh no, ive just unpacked my goodies from yday and i am missing my free solar oil for buying the scentsations packs!! :sad:

Will the new shellac colours be online tomorrow? I'm still deciding whether to jump on a train or not!

Will the new shellac colours be online tomorrow? I'm still deciding whether to jump on a train or not!

if it were me id jump on a train, even if you are going to have to queue for hours now, its not just the offers that are worthwhile going for but the demos and the inspiration i got from going......watching the girls and asking what they had on their nails and the combos that they put together were amazing xx

As the queue moved along and we could then hear Holly, I said to my husband, 'Do you recognise that voice you can hear?'

Imagine my surprise when he said yes! He thought Holly had a really nice way with entertaining the queue and said himself what a PITA the dolly bird was taking up time interviewing her, when we all wanted to watch Holly work instead!
Big up Mrs Geek, who made sure it all continued as soon as the interview finished.

I am also so impressed that the staff acted like you could have been the first customer of the day, so happy and friendly, when they must have been so tired. Such a difference to the other stands, where in one I barely got eye contact, let alone a smile and the other was just a none experience.

I'm still buzzing!

I never saw holly?! Did she leave early or something? I was there around 2pm but all I saw was rows and rows of queues (was told the queue was over 2 hours long!) and I was asking the cnd EA about additives and classes and she didn't have a clue and kept turning her back on me - I wasn't impressed at all. I thought cnd were much better organised at excel IMO

Oh that's a shame. Maybe she was on a well deserved break? We got back to Olympia around 2.30 ish and she was there then. She had her table set up under the TV screen.
Everyone we saw was looking genuinely happy to be there and help.

My husband thinks they should have a ticket system for the queue, like a deli counter so you can go off. I'm really not sure if that would make it better or worse!

Had an amazing time at Olympia this year and I finally gave in and invested in the Shellac Gold Package, amazing value, will now be scared to leave the house in case it arrives!

I also got some konad plates and some special polish, CND additives kit, some tips, renewed my scratch subscription and insurance for the year and bought a totally unnecessary set of hair rollers.

What did you buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never saw holly?! Did she leave early or something? I was there around 2pm but all I saw was rows and rows of queues (was told the queue was over 2 hours long!) and I was asking the cnd EA about additives and classes and she didn't have a clue and kept turning her back on me - I wasn't impressed at all. I thought cnd were much better organised at excel IMO

Pretty sure I remember you saying the same about Excel last year :lol:

These beauty shows are once, maybe twice a year depending on which you go to. As I said last year, they get absolutely mobbed, long queues are inevitable and unavoidable. If you don't like queuing, then don't go. Simples :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I was there all day, joined the cnd queue at just before 5pm and waited less than 10 minutes. Saved me having to carry it round all day too!

Pretty sure I remember you saying the same about Excel last year :lol:

These beauty shows are once, maybe twice a year depending on which you go to. As I said last year, they get absolutely mobbed, long queues are inevitable and unavoidable. If you don't like queuing, then don't go. Simples :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Actually, Holly wasn't there last year?!
Yes I expect queues but I don't expect rudeness or "trained" staff who haven't got a clue then turning there backs on me coz they're being used for crowd control "simples"

Alex and I went along today to meet with the show director as we will be exhibiting there next year. Had a lovely natter with Sam Sweet who shook my hand and said "ohhhhh, so YOU'RE lynne baker!"
I put my therapist hat on and had a mooch around some of the skincare stands. Lordy, some of them have absolutely no idea about how their products actually work! I asked one guy about the actives in his products and he told me to read the ingredient list, and then kinda hid behind his counter!

Some of the smaller stands were so badly set up too. One of them actually looked like a car boot sale! And if there are no customers on your stand I don't think it's a good idea to sit and play solitaire on your iPad, do you?

I LOVED that CND's stand was taller than everyone else's! I told Sam I loved the willy waving-ness of it. Apparently it's hacked orf the other exhibitors! I bet it has; they're just miffed that they didn't think of it!

No queues this year, thank heavens! Still a few inconsiderate people pushing past you though; hey ho!
Learnt a lot about exhibiting at a show, and had a one finger minx from the lovely Hannah. I now have a Soho ring finger. Me, trendy?!

Alex and I went along today to meet with the show director as we will be exhibiting there next year. Had a lovely natter with Sam Sweet who shook my hand and said "ohhhhh, so YOU'RE lynne baker!"
I put my therapist hat on and had a mooch around some of the skincare stands. Lordy, some of them have absolutely no idea about how their products actually work! I asked one guy about the actives in his products and he told me to read the ingredient list, and then kinda hid behind his counter!

Some of the smaller stands were so badly set up too. One of them actually looked like a car boot sale! And if there are no customers on your stand I don't think it's a good idea to sit and play solitaire on your iPad, do you?

I LOVED that CND's stand was taller than everyone else's! I told Sam I loved the willy waving-ness of it. Apparently it's hacked orf the other exhibitors! I bet it has; they're just miffed that they didn't think of it!

No queues this year, thank heavens! Still a few inconsiderate people pushing past you though; hey ho!
Learnt a lot about exhibiting at a show, and had a one finger minx from the lovely Hannah. I now have a Soho ring finger. Me, trendy?!

How exciting you will exhibiting there next year, hopefully ill be going :) x

Latest posts

Back