Olympia in September

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bry T I came over and looked at your lovely polishes, we were going to come back but I was shattered and as I've just had a knee operation couldn't stay long, I will be getting 1 of your varnishes tho def, they were stunning.

Tho also loving your tiara's as just having a nose, going back to peruse as I'm looking for a light one for my renewal of vows in Domincan Republic in June, my big Swarovski one is way to heavy for the heat lol

Oh bless you. I know that show is massive and getting round once is a killer! I think thats why I think being so far back was so bad.

Did my Pete have his polish on when you were there so funny PMSL!

Lol I missed his nails! He was there when I was browsing though.

Just being nosey really and wanted to know what everyone's fave purchase was at the show this weekend.

Mines is the dashing diva French wraps. After umming and aahing about the cost for half of the day I finally purchased them. They are absolutely amazing and I am kicking myself that I didn't follow the advice of fellow salon geeks for the past few months and purchase them sooner. French manicures are no longer a problem for me, they are so simple to attach and look perfect. FYI they do loads of colours too so u can mix it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
We (Sam and I) and whole of the S2 Team would just like to thank you all for coming and queuing and being as jolly as could be. We tried putting interesting things around the stand for those that had the initial wait (although when I left on Sunday at 4 there was still a queue) - to make the experience less boring; then of course there was the last lap home where Holly 'Fingernailfixer' was doing what she does beautifully and inspiring people with Additives and Rock-Star Nails - we even gave the team bum bags full of sweets to hand out to people too.

As said many times, we launch new products at the show and have great deals (that's what make shows exciting - new things that no one has seen yet) but this adds to create the queues around the block and added frenzied mayhem.

I think if we look at it as a 2/3 times a year thing and know and accept that it's going to happen - then we can just chill and get through it. Most people were super nice and understanding. :hug:

We have thought of many ways to speed things up and the only way we can do this is by adding more tills - we already have the maximum we can have so we just have to continue on having fun and making the best of what really is a cool experience!

So thank you all for coming to support us, the new AW Shellac Colours, the new Xmas Goodies and of course our Holly who we secretly want to steal!! AND - of the new MINX Boutique Collection... we sold out of 3 of the designs. So happy you all loved them. See you in Manchester!!
Love & Respect
Samantha x :Love:

Wow, I loved the show, there were some really random stalls including the bloke that literally pulled you in to exfoliate your hands and spray you with a garden plant sprayer!

I think I saw a couple of geeks but not too sure, I was the scruffy looking bag lady with no make up on (I decided this morning I wanted 10 mins more sleep than make up!) I got run over by one trolley and nearly tripped over another when some woman cut in front of me but apart from that I didn't see any other trolleys!

Sorry Bry, I don't think we even got to the back where you were, hubby had a grump on all day so people wouldn't shove things in his hands!! We saw Holly and he was like well whats so important about her? Don't worry ladies, I did slap him for that! :D

I think I spent most of my money on Forest Floor waxes, I'm obsessed with them but the wax pot insert I bought off them doesn't fit my wax pot...no hot wax for me just yet then! :(

Was brill to see everything, loved the S2 stand, you now have a new Minx obsessed woman and hope to be at the next show!

Oh bum, sorry for the essay everyone!

Leanne
X

The new Shellac colours!! and the Nescafe coffee machine !!

I've just got home, my queue at S2 wasn't long enough to see much of Holly so had to go back and watch for a while lol!
I got a couple of great bargains on the Roo stand at the end of the day because they didn't want to take it all home with them.
Loved the lashes that were shaped like butterflies and london city scapes etc not very practical though.
Got a glitter tattoo set with stencils because up until now I've been doing them by hand.
My mum wants midnight swim tomorrow fingers and toes with silver stars on so I'll have to wait until wednesday to try the new colours on myself!
Stopped in Westfields Stratford on the way home for dinner and am now shattered!

My best bargain? Dappen dishes for 20p each.... My OH was less than impressed!

:D Glad you enjoyed Chicka! The rain was the same yesterday, we got soaked going back in the second time. I actually looked a bit of a mess yesterday, but didn't give two hoots really.

hahaha! We went with our boss, and had to leave around half past one to get back to work! I didn't wanna leave cuz I didn't get a good look at everything, and I was so shattered when we got back to the salon. But we did get to have a play with all our goodies, and managed to fill the salon with the scent of our dadi oil. :lol:

@geordiehandbag, yes that was me :) and Nicole, must have been me too, you should have come and said hi!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

You were with a big bloke - I was too scared to go up to you saying "are you planky"! ;-)

I think the S2 stand was great I queued for about 25 mins had a chat with holly and got my additives :) i loved the new S2 stand it was huge and looked really posh!
I also got my beloved ibd just gel polishes. So happy now i have such a lovely range to offer my clients :) already played with them and the additives so awesome :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

You were with a big bloke - I was too scared to go up to you saying "are you planky"! ;-)

Hahaha, he looks big and scary, especially when he scowls (which is his usual look at these types of event lol) but he's a pussycat :wink2:
He actually walked around the rest of the day after Jen (busybee32) and someone else told him he had great lips whilst I was getting mine done!! :lol: although he then exaggerated what had been said and was telling me all day how kissable he is :rolleyes:

Mrs Geek - you ALL did a fantastic job, as always :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Sorry babe :o hahah He did have perfect lips for Glitzy though, was a shame he wouldn't have them done haha.
Was great to see you chick xoxo

Sorry babe :o hahah He did have perfect lips for Glitzy though, was a shame he wouldn't have them done haha.
Was great to see you chick xoxo

Am never going to hear the end of it :rolleyes: :D too funny.
Fab to see you too, going to come for that coffee very soon xx

I bought the dappen dishes for 20p too - bargain! I bought 10 of them - you can never have too many lol

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I can't choose between the short orange sticks for £1 there's about 30 of them, or my roo cases that I got right on the last knockings for about £60 less than regular price!

I got the Shellack platinum kit..... Can't wait to play with it, also a brilliant polish carry case from another stand which will hold every colour!
Did not pick up the limited edition colours tho, so will have to order these on Friday when I get paid!!!
Am sat on tenterhooks waiting for the postman to being my goodies!! Woohoo....

how good are S2!! they are sending me my missing solar oil in the post!! they are the best xxx

many thanks to Samantha and the S2 team for being so great (even when you are mega busy!) we do appreciate it xx

Latest posts

Back