Polish video - with red!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moopie

Reaction score
I remember someone posting about being terrified of dark polish, let alone red! Everyone suggested geeg's tut and the push-pull method (which helped me tons & i luv it!)

but, heres a video

YouTube - triciaネイルシステム - vol1.ケア・カラー -

its not in english and IMO the polish goes WAY too close to the cuticle (i was always taught to leave a tiny margin around the entire nail??) but it shows the push-pull really well. it would be perfect if she didn't "push" so much! :) HTH someone!

Thanks for that hun....she does have a steady hand for it i must say....even though she went close to the cuticle, she done well !!!!!....better than me :lol:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for that hun....she does have a steady hand for it i must say....even though she went close to the cuticle, she done well !!!!!....better than me :lol:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What does it matter if she's gone so close to the nail folds (not the cuticle girls) ?? She has done a superb job of painting and not touched the skin.

The idea when painting is to get as close as you can without touching the skin ... She has done that perfectly.

mmmmmmm i looooove painting nails!!!

thanks for that, I've downloaded it to watch again.

I printed Gigi's tutorial.....or rather Rich did and he laminated it for me....:eek::lol:.....goes with the other info i print off the tutorials....:)

I looked at the video.....and going close to the cuticle is fine.....i do exactly this way,maybe it is a steady hand....but then again,i practised non stop to perfect it:).....i have such satisfaction from painting....and over a half of my colours are dark....once a client watches me paint a dark colour on one finger they are sold on it:)

That is why the client comes to us the professional.....i have to say i learnt more from the tutorial than i did at college:eek::lol:

I love the idea of doing the tip of the nail first....never seen that before.

I love the idea of doing the tip of the nail first....never seen that before.

I thought that was quite cool as well actually. Never done that either. I've never had a real problem with polish wearing as I do 'bumper' the end as I go along with red polish but it did look cool as you said Angie.

HI

Yep I thought that was a pretty nifty tip too, especially if you are painting over tips (pardon the pun), great link thanks.

BTW I thought she did a brill job of painting really good technique and very accurate.

I watched all of the things she did, everything was very accurate, wonderful to watch.

Great video:)
Perfect polishing. And getting to the very edges is alot easier when the brush is as flat as possible like the video shows. You can get into all the nooks and crannies then lol
When the free edge is painted first you have less risk of getting the slight ridge of polish along the nail edge.

She did a lovely job, really nice, I wonder what enamel that is? Her nails looked nice too. x

Love the tip tip...lol you understand right?

Great video clip ... thanks so much for sharing.

Such steady hands, and it really showed up well how she changed the angle of her brush as she pulled away from the folds.
Thanks for that:hug:

just had a look at the other clips on there, some amazing work,

I love the way she paints so close to the cuticle (as it should be), I hate seeing freshly done nails that look like they need an infill due to a bad paintjob.
Knowing how to paint nails can win you a competition.

well from watching this i think i can see where i'm now going wrong. I always thought you had to apply it quickly. May be this is why i always get into such a mess.
Thanks I think this vid is really going to help me.

I thought most magazine nails are photo shopped

She did a wonderful job!

I thought most magazine nails are photo shopped

She did a wonderful job!

Most mag nails are photoshopped and airbrushed to the max, it's quite annoying and unrealistic

Latest posts

Back