PopIt joy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
went to a client today - for the usual p/w - but today i put into practice what geeg said - come across excited and your client will too - so when i went to her, i told her of this new "other" way to apply enhancements, i got all excited about it, she kept saying - come on what you doing etc- but kept her hanging on till the last minute - :lol: and boy did it work - i applied only 1 poppit nail - the rest were done in the usual way - she thought it was fab - and wants a set done for xmas - the

POPPIT WAY

i do have to soak off this set first tho - but hey it more money for me - and she was impressed with the speed, shape etc

Hiya Glynis hun, which method are you using for your whites? Applying it to the nail and then a clear overlay with the poppit or doing both the pink n white in the poppit?

I've still not had a chance to play properly!

I did exactly the same with one of my clients and she also wants her set she is wearing now soaking off and replaced with pop its for xmas,
This client was very excited about them and asked so is this new way more expensive, as she expected it to be,
i explained it is the same price as my hand made nails and she was delighted,
so we don't have to charge less for this method at all, hth
i also showed my very sceptical sister the pop its method on one nail and she still ummed and arred so i did her the full set with them to convince her,
she swore blind they wouldn't last, i did the set on sat and she hasn't been back yet so they must be lasting well lol

I'm still sporting the nail that Geeg did on me, I just can't face taking it off.

I also had a go myself, on my pinkie which turned out pretty good.
I know it's not good walking around with only 2 nails done but i will do the rest soon.

My daughter (really bad nail biter) loved mine and so I did a set on her and she loved them. That was on Sunday, with no problems as yet so it's looking pretty good peeps. :lol:

Hiya Glynis hun, which method are you using for your whites? Applying it to the nail and then a clear overlay with the poppit or doing both the pink n white in the poppit?

I've still not had a chance to play properly!

yep thats the way i did it on the clients 1 nail - no way chancing the p/w in the form yet until ive got it right

What a great way to win your client over to this method - one nail at a time. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to get my own popit joy!

Doing a nail on clients using PopIts was my recommendation to all the people who came to my demo week at Sweet Squared in Leeds.

It works just like a demo nail on any client wishing to see first hand what nail enhancements are all about. a nice slow introduction where clients get to 'test drive' the product before committing themselves. I think most of us like to try before we buy and many clients used only to the traditional method of application will be naturally suspicious of anything new ... Just like you all are :lol:.

I would do all repairs using PopIts and demo nails to introduce the new method. Your enthusiasm for the new method will rub off on your clients too.
99% of women will not turn down the chance to spend less time in the salon ... believe me.

There is not one person I have shown so far who hasn't been totally impressed...todays client even phoned her sister in law to tell her about them..
she wants hers doing now lol

I have slowed down with mine..and am sticking to demo nails or full set on tip and overlay on regular friend clients ..until i have mastered it properly on Gigis advice :hug:

Just got the new Popits today. Very excited about them but also very annoyed with them!!!! I'm sure there must be a simple answer to this but I'm struggling with how to get the smile line in the correct position (down the nail bed) in the form. I'm using coloured l&p for the sculptured tip does anyone have any hints on how to perfect this please before I go completely MAD

Just got the new Popits today. Very excited about them but also very annoyed with them!!!! I'm sure there must be a simple answer to this but I'm struggling with how to get the smile line in the correct position (down the nail bed) in the form. I'm using coloured l&p for the sculptured tip does anyone have any hints on how to perfect this please before I go completely MAD

Why be annoyed ... it¡s pretty simple really ... place the empty PopIt on the nail and just mark where you want the smile line to be on the top of the form with a pencil and then follow it?

Use the numbers as a guide, place your white further back than you normally would, because when you start to push it into shape you will push it too far forward

i found it easier to sculpt the white on in the usual manner, then finish of with a poppit

i found it easier to sculpt the white on in the usual manner, then finish of with a poppit

what , like sculpt like normal on a form, then remove form, then shape and shorten( if needed) then use popit???

what , like sculpt like normal on a form, then remove form, then shape and shorten( if needed) then use popit???

i dont shape or shorten it - i do that when nail is completed

Latest posts

Back