probably gonna get myself shot here!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelina221

Master Lash Tech
Reaction score
am i the only person who thinks square nails look awful?!!!!!! they are not as bad when they are longer but short nails with square tips-ugh!! don't mean to offend anyone just wondered if anyone else felt the same? i will get ready to go into hiding!!!:)

depends on the hand shape i think -

i dont suit square, but most of my customers do. i think if you have big hands (i do) dont tend to suit square as much as someone with a smaller hands. plus i think the older you get the more - square look stupid

I like square. More so on a longer nail, but that's my taste for all enhancements. I also like almond. Not a huge fan of round/oval, and have yet to try stiletto.

Yes, I hate them too - with a passion :)

i aint fussed either way, however i dont like seeing older clients with square bright white tips!

its all just personal choice tho isnt it.

I have only ever done a handful of what I would call 'square'.

The pic below is the 'square' I normally do for my clients.

Attachments

• Vanessa p&w squoval.JPG
    Vanessa p&w squoval.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 305
i actually prefer a square nail if the length is short.
i think if you round them too much on a short nail they can end up looking like buttons :lol:

i love to see an almond shape on a longer nail, very elegant, and more room for the shape to be perfected.

I agree with angle fingers...
I have mine square.... for about 2 days and then with all the filing and work half end up round anyway......
Nothing like smarties for fingernails.... round blobs... I prefer a square short nail or a very long square nail.....
I hate those stiletto ones.. they remind me of a witch ( no offence girls)

i like square, but don't really like them on elderly clients and I also think that shorter nails can look better square....but at the end of the day I give the client whatever they want! I suppose most of mine are square but with the corners rounded off so more of a flat-top

I'm more of a squoval girl myself ... a rather more delicate square finish IMO.

I have to say neither look any good on me :Grope:

Square nails wreak of "fake" , particularly when they are French.
But they actually look better when they are shorter and in proportion to the nailplate.

I'm more of a squoval girl myself ... a rather more delicate square finish IMO.

Me too, Noodle, a square end is a modern look but with the corners softened. Much more flattering. But if someone wants square square they can have it, but I'd recommend against it if it wasn't flattering to their hand.

I like all shapes...they all pay my bills...:lol:.....but i am not so keen on short square when they have been done with a dramatic smile line....those are best kept for long nails with long nail beds.

I have to say neither look any good on me :Grope:

lol:hug: I don't know Collin, when I used to practice on my husband he prefered squoval!

Personally I hate square french fake fake fake! But I give the clients what they want (within reason:eek:)

I agree with Bev, that would be my version of "square" (I think the others have called them squoval).

I prefer a distinct oval shape on myself, I dont wear them too long, I think a rounded off square can look good on the right client at the right length.

What I DONT like is the square square, the one that looks like the nails ends hae been chopped off by a guillotine, and are usually sported with a P&W application. fake looking and not nice in my opinion, but then if a client asked for them, its not for me to tell her what she should and shouldnt have and I would do them with pleasure.

I dont like square nails either. I like mine nice and rounded... but then again I dont wear false nails :)

I dont like square nails either. I like mine nice and rounded... but then again I dont wear false nails :)
We call them nail enhancements love,not false nails:lol:

Last edited:
I think most nail techs realise that square french has gone out of fashion now. We can't help but like the oval nails that are making a big comeback.

i guess we will change our minds again in a few years time, there isn't much you can do with the shape of a nail.

We call them nail enhancements love,not false nails:lol:

It's not real therefore its false. I am a trainee not a professional. I came here for help and advise not criticism. Also many people call them Nail Extensions Thanks.

Latest posts

Back