Professional Beauty 2011 - London Baby!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in the VIP lounge drinking my tea when the carnage was happening, including a row between two blokes because one of them had nabbed four bags! I never did get my VIP bag, but when saw it was only Dermalogica products I wasn't bother as I would only have given them away anyway!

It was nice meeting some of the other geeks here, but all those people clammering over products reminded me why I stopped going to shows, but on my way out I popped into the Decleor stand to say goodbye to my rep and a couple of others and ended up being given a free travel bag of products, a glass of champagne and being a model for their 45 minute Vital Eye treatment! Certainly made my day!!

Thanks Emma! Is it far to get back to the car as I am driving?

If you are VIP then no, the parking is really near.
If not, it shouldnt be too bad.
The earlier you get there the nearer you will get to the entrances, unless you have a disabled badge in which case you should get a space near the front.
Hope that helps x

Well utterly lovely to meet some geeks today - sorry we couldn't spend as much time as we wanted with each of you. As said - it was absolutely bloody manic!

I have never seen a show this busy, absolutely crazy! I have a feeling the sheer numbers of people took everyone by surprise ... couldn't believe how busy it was. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it went to a three day show next year to try and spread everyone out.

Back to it tomorrow!

Mat

hi i take it was really busy, i look forward to going tomorrow

I think the attendance surprised everyone.

Unfortunately with events like these it is so so hard to get the balance right. This show had the big names that had been missing for years - it is great to have them there. And yes I know everyone is complaining about the queues, but unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about this - people want to buy product but each transaction takes time.

If the shows are quieter and a more leisurely experience that means that there are less people their, and less money going to exhibitors so they are less inclined to go back.

Mat

im excited to get shellac for the first time, im taking my hubbys card haha :) never been to a show before dont want to be dissapointed looked forward to it for ages ha

Thank you for my replys :)
I'm definatly going as i don't want to regret not going later on!
Also hopefully it's not as busy tomorrow as it's a Monday! (fingers crossed!) thank you everyone :) xx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Well i went on the sunday and i am no longer a show virgin! I had a fab time i loved it!

I didn't even mind queueing for the shellac. I had a feeling the S2 stand was going to be like that. I thought the Shellac side of the S2 stand ran smoothly too. You could see the S2 team working there butts off and still smiling! I was only bothered when later in the day i decided to go back to buy some Lumos and was told there was no separate que for this. I had to go back in and que with the shellac shoppers! So i didn't bother.

I got there early and qued up on the downstairs enterence not realising i could of gone up to qued closer. I didn't realise there would be two levels and S2 being on the top floor. At least i know for next time! By the time it took it me to race up stairs the Shellac que was round the back where all the S2 Educators were demoing. It took me 45 minutes to get my shellac, but it was nice to watch the demos while in the que and see two familiar faces demoing, Hannah Rowland and Jemila Tourh. I saw Samuel and Samantha too. Samantha looks very elegant in real life! I didn't say hi though. I'm too shy! lol
When i got to the S2 till to buy my 12 shades of shellac, i got my money out to pay. Money i had been saving since after christmas time. I have been putting £20 a week in an envelope and my envelope said 'SHELLAC FUND' on the front so i could keep it separate from my 'play' money. The till lady got a glimpse of it and picked it up and started saying 'arrrr look at that! Thats so sweet!' to the other till lady. She then asked if she could keep it so she could show Samuel later. LOL

I wasn't keen on the Minx side of the S2 stand. That was total caos! You had to squeeze through the que just to view the minx, then squeeze back through to go and que at the back where the back end of the shellac que was! If the Minx que didn't run along the side of the Minx sheets it would of been better. I think S2 could do with two stands next year! :biggrin:

Oooh i managed to sub to Scratch too. Very excited to sit and read my mag this evening. After i have had a play with my new Shellac colours. I didn't get to play with it last night due to not getting back until 9.30!! That was because the roads were heaving and poor admin work on the hubby's side! lol

Some really good feedback here guys.

In 18 years of doing shows around the world, I have never experienced or witnessed the tsunami of people that descended on us yesterday. We are already drawing up plans for future improvements and can't wait to see how that evolves.

I know some were disapointed that we didn't take other lines down... It wasn't an easy call, however we made it because we didn't want the show to be a car boot sale/travelling shop. We wanted to focus on current innovations which would assure that we could take shed loads of stock for those lines and guarantee no shortages. I think for the most part that worked - even with the record number of people waiting (at one point) up to two hours to buy... We are still fully stocked and ready to rock! I can't imagine what the madness would of been like yesterday if we hand brought down all of our 1,500 SKU's!

Thank you to everyone who persevered through the madness and long lines and broke pretty much every record in the book. We can't wait to implement changes to make the next time even better!

Thanks again, off for round 2 now. Make sure you say hi if you see me today :)

Some really good feedback here guys.

In 18 years of doing shows around the world, I have never experienced or witnessed the tsunami of people that descended on us yesterday.

I agree that the queueing at S2 was horrendous, but at one point Sam, I had to laugh cos you looked absolutely shellshocked!!
The expression on your face was pure bewilderment!:eek:
I assume you never expected that amount of people descending on you like, as you put it, 'a tsunami'!! lol
I must admit, I hate crowds, and I didn't know it would be quite as packed as it was, so it did do me in a bit, but I still had a good time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it was totally mad and I loved it:Love: I was standing with Fiona and she said S2 never seem to learn, well the faces of the people around us, I thought for a minute she was going to get linched:Scared:
Then she explained, S2 are always surprised at how popular they are.:green:
Everyone smiled and nodded at that.
It's so true. I saw Sam with his bewillderd face, it's easy, next time Sam have barriers set up like they do at Alton towers, so people snake round to the tills. It will take up far less room and it will stop all the que jumping from people who just didn't realise that the end of the que was all the way back to the entrance.
I'm so glad I went, I'm even more glad that I don't have to go anywhere today, I'm pooped!
But for all those people who shoved past with out an excuse me or sorry, I hope they all develope large boils on the end of their noses:evil:
One very large blond woman in a white kaftan type top with autum leaf print on the sleaves only stoped pushing me when I told her she was going to impale me on my own walking stick:rolleyes:
My only sad bit of the day was not seeing as many geeks as I wanted to.
Next year I think we need a Salon Geek VIP lounge:wink2:

I queued for 40 minutes to buy Lumos! I think S2 needs someone to order the queue. You know like they do in tescos, have someone directing people to the next available till. I think they should have roped off the tills as I wanted to poke peoples eyes out for queue jumping. I agree, it wasn't clear where the queue was, and I think a lot of people unintentionally jumped the queue. I enjoyed the show, I queued for about 45 minutes for 2 bottles of black shatter at the OPI stand so I was done at that point. Its good to have a good look round to see what's new, after last years disappointing show, (or was it the year before, the year they charged). This year was great in comparison.

But for all those people who shoved past with out an excuse me or sorry, I hope they all develope large boils on the end of their noses:evil:

Amen sista! :hug:

As has been said the ques were unbelievably horrendous, having said that I was almost at the front of the que (after nearly 1 1/2 hours) and Sam was have a bit of a ding dong with security who wanted to bring the que back passed the till so it came from the other direction hense stopping the congestion at the entrance.
His only concern was that by them doing this he was worried that people who had qued so long would lose their place. Susie H, I said exactly same as you to Sam about having the s type ropes for ques next time. Good on Sam because he flatly refused to let them do it unless they got ropes to cordon off the tills stopping anyone que jumping.
When I finally got to one place from the counter, their were 2 girls in front who took about another 35 minutes to choose which Shellac they wanted and then when told the total price looked at each other spoke in another language and it transpired they hadn't thought about the vat so then changed their order again -LADIES!! 2 hours in the que and you still had no idea what colours you wanted???
At one point Sam could see the exasperation on my face, put his hand on my shoulder and said "keep going, you're almost there"!! Once there I could have kissed the counter like the pope kissed the ground!!!

My round up of the day, I had a great time, got some lovely bargins and some future ideas for my business but was supposed to go again today with my daughter but my poor feet and banging head just could not face it so left it to her and her colleague to fight the crowds (with a little shopping list from me :biggrin:!)
One last thing I'd like to say to the two lovely ladies standing behind me in the que, who when finally at the till was asked by a que jumper to buy some items for her but refused because it wasn't fair on all of the people that had waited so long - WELL DONE YOU!!! some people have no shame

Hxx

Had such a good time!!!
First ever show and I loved it I'm so happy I went I actually can't wait for next year!!!!!
Why can't there be one every month :'(
Soo happy!!!
But fake bake let me down they ran out of solution so when I went to buy there 3litres for £100 I couldn't unless I paid 6pound delivery...
I had the hump so I said no but solo wish I'd said yes :'( x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

As has been said the ques were unbelievably horrendous, having said that I was almost at the front of the que (after nearly 1 1/2 hours) and Sam was have a bit of a ding dong with security who wanted to bring the que back passed the till so it came from the other direction hense stopping the congestion at the entrance.
His only concern was that by them doing this he was worried that people who had qued so long would lose their place. Susie H, I said exactly same as you to Sam about having the s type ropes for ques next time. Good on Sam because he flatly refused to let them do it unless they got ropes to cordon off the tills stopping anyone que jumping.
When I finally got to one place from the counter, their were 2 girls in front who took about another 35 minutes to choose which Shellac they wanted and then when told the total price looked at each other spoke in another language and it transpired they hadn't thought about the vat so then changed their order again -LADIES!! 2 hours in the que and you still had no idea what colours you wanted???
At one point Sam could see the exasperation on my face, put his hand on my shoulder and said "keep going, you're almost there"!! Once there I could have kissed the counter like the pope kissed the ground!!!

My round up of the day, I had a great time, got some lovely bargins and some future ideas for my business but was supposed to go again today with my daughter but my poor feet and banging head just could not face it so left it to her and her colleague to fight the crowds (with a little shopping list from me :biggrin:!)
One last thing I'd like to say to the two lovely ladies standing behind me in the que, who when finally at the till was asked by a que jumper to buy some items for her but refused because it wasn't fair on all of the people that had waited so long - WELL DONE YOU!!! some people have no shame

Hxx

Hey reading this I thought that sounded like the lady in front of me when you were saying about the two foreign girls and then when you mentioned the lady that asked us to buy stuff I knew it was you !!! I have too say when u mentioned yesterday you were going today I thought you were brave !! Glad you survived the show :)

Wow sounds like the show was super busy and I'm green with envy!!! Reading all your posts about the queues though I thought blimey that would have killed me however I got to thinking how many times have I queued that long to get on a ride at Alton Towers, Chessington and Thorpe Park get to the front and think what the mother load am I doing!?!?!? I'm a right old scardy knickers and would much rather queue that long for lovely lovely gorgeous delightful products than get on a ride and say a little prayer in the hope that I get off the other side in one piece without losing a limb, my shoes, my bag or my stomach! My feet hurt for all of you! V jealous I missed out.

Well I've just got back from PB.

If yesterday was manic, then today must have been just as busy because the queues at every stand were enormous.

I managed to get some bits and pieces, and caught up with some other geeks.

Unfortunately, PB managed to screw up the official Geek Meet in the VIP lounge ... although the e-invitations showed a correct time of 2:30pm, PB had it booked in at 4:00pm!

Shame really, as some of us who showed up were disappointed not to have had the opportunity to meet lots of geeks who would otherwise have been there.

Sam and Samantha were none to impressed with PB on that score either!

Oh well, there's always next year I suppose.

Did not like at all. This year the same brands and nothing was new apart from fishes where people did not show their interests. Yes,after a couple years CND appeared again but the queuing was mad and that was the weakest point of the exibition.I will buy the new shellac colours after tomorrow from online,paying the same price as was yesterday.Loads of rubbish brands and more botox i fillers stands-simple have no words.Next year we will no going there-boring.

Completely overwhelmed by the crowds, even tho we got in at 10 when it opened. Managed to "do" the order for my Shellac after a few false starts, and get my eyebrows threaded (ouchie!) I was using a wheelchair today so to any Geeks I ran over I am really really sorry!!!! Couldnt work out where the queue finished for Shellac as it was interspersed with demo watchers. We wanted to stay for the meet and greet but to be honest we had enough and called it a day. Mixed feelings about it, but I got everything on my list so felt pretty pleased about that. A big thank you to my friend Jane who bravely pushed me round all day!

Did not like at all. This year the same brands and nothing was new apart from fishes where people did not show their interests.

I don't understand.

So you don't want Carlton, Thalgo, Perron Rigot, CACI, Jessica, Sweet Squared / CND, Nail Harmony, Dermalogica to be there again next year? Because if they are that would make it boring?

So you don't want to see Shellac there again, you don't want to see CACI selling their Ultimate machines, you don't want to see any uniforms on the La Beeby stand they had this year, you don't want to see the best selling wax from Perron Rigot? Because if they had them again that would be boring?

There were lots of new products, lots of new companies - you can't put on a show covering that much floorspace without new stuff.

These shows are put on for us as therapists to see a whole bunch of different products from different companies, to see competitors products next to each other. To allow us to get some bargains but most importantly to see what is out there and to plan our businesses and how we want to grow and develop them.

This show was the first under the new ownership of Professional Beauty, I think they actually managed quite well. Trying to plan a show when you don't know how many people will turn up and a lot more then you expected isn't an easy task!

Latest posts

Back