Professional Beauty 2011 - London Baby!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my VIP ticket :smack: but no parking ticket or vouchers with it :sad:

How funny are we all, I'm planning as much if not more for this than a big night out or family wedding!!!.
My clothes are sorted and hung up, tickets, plans etc all ready on table in plastic wallet, today is the day for waxing, eyebrow tint and a quick microderm, nails done and going to shops later to pick up a light lunch and drink, early to bed tonight and alarm set for 7am so can leave by 9 to be outside by 10am:biggrin:
Takes 40min normally, do you think this is enough time, always has been in the past but I've a feeling this year may be alot busier than previous years??

I am sooo excited it's untrue. On my way to my mums as we are gonna gave a girly night in preparation for tomorrow so we can get there early . My wonderful hubby is having all three kids on his own while I go and have some fun . Hopefully I will meet some geeks tomorrow xxxx

I have noticed a few people mention they are ready with there clothes hung up ready has if its a night out outfit now im getting worried has to what you are all going to wear?

I was planning on wearing just black leggings and my long flat comfy boots with some warm cardy layers.

And nails?? I was planning on keeping these bare for demo's. I have not been to a show like this before so i don't know what to expect? Will you all be doing your nails?
I don't see the point when im only just gonna Shellac them in a new Shellac colour when i get home.
I may have to just quick polish them just to make them look tidy. :biggrin:

Am i gonna look like a right scruff! :biggrin:

I am wearing nice jeans nice top and my trainers as I am going for comfort as I will be on my feet all day lol .. Wear what feels comfy for . They say comfort rather then style lol

I have noticed a few people mention they are ready with there clothes hung up ready has if its a night out outfit now im getting worried has to what you are all going to wear?

I was planning on wearing just black leggings and my long flat comfy boots with some warm cardy layers.

And nails?? I was planning on keeping these bare for demo's. I have not been to a show like this before so i don't know what to expect? Will you all be doing your nails?
I don't see the point when im only just gonna Shellac them in a new Shellac colour when i get home.

Well I'll be fully made up, can't show a naked face lol but my nails will be naked, they always are for demo's but no one is going to be alowed to shorten them:irked: Long low heeled boots, comfy and warm and either black combat style trousers or a brown skirt, it's wash one or iron the other lol
Top? Something warm that covers my lumps and bumps.
For me it's all about comfort and warmth and it's always naked nails, I love getting demo's done:biggrin:

I have my nails shellacked but thats as good as it gets for me, i'll look a bit of a mess no doubt as nothing decent fits me anymore lol.
I wouldnt worry as long as your comfy! xx

it's a trade show, not a fashion show!
I'll be wearing skinny jeans, Fitflop boots and a jumper. I want to be comfortable!

Guys the show looks amazing! Stand setup today - the show is absolutely massive!! Lots of good looking stuff there.

See y'all tomorrow!

Mat x

it's a trade show, not a fashion show!
I'll be wearing skinny jeans, Fitflop boots and a jumper. I want to be comfortable!
Oh good because i was starting to get worried.
I was planning on wearing comfy clothing but didn't want to turn up looking a scruff if everyone was dressing up. :biggrin:

I am wearing nice jeans nice top and my trainers as I am going for comfort as I will be on my feet all day lol .. Wear what feels comfy for . They say comfort rather then style lol

Oh yes!!! Totally agree! I remember the first show I went to, someone told me this and i thought yeh yeh. But...ouch my feet! They HURT. You don't actually realise how much walking and standing you do.

Oh good because i was starting to get worried.
I was planning on wearing comfy clothing but didn't want to turn up looking a scruff if everyone was dressing up. :biggrin:

Lol, I'm so glad it's not just me! I have no idea what I'll wear - apart from my trusty FitFlops - but it'll probably be comfy jeans & a top. I'm all for dressing to impress, but I'm not sure that a wow-style outfit & skyscraper heels would serve me well for a day of trudging around the show... :wink2:

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I'm very excited - I was gonna shellac my nails tonight but reading the last few posts - will go bare for demo's - lol -
As for what to wear... never even thought of dressing up, will go comfy but presentable :wink2:

I am just wearing leggings & a top with flat pumps & an across the body bag, comfy shoes is a must!
I usually find the shows get really hot so wont be wearing too many layers. x

Absolutely true...see you at the S2 booth, which is looking quite good.

OMG it's today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tickets, money , granny bag , husbands credit card !?!
Already , :)))

Hope all of you going today have a great time and get some good bargains (just make sure you leave some for me tomorrow!!) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

it was sheer, unutterable, stupid, badly organised hell. Had it not been for Cogsi, Persianista, Angelina, Fiona and Vetty I would have cried.
It took me longer to get from the river Lea bridge into ExCel (approx half a mile) than it did to get from Heathrow to the river Lea (driving). There were queues for everthing: loos, tickets, coffee, and just don't get me started about queuing for Shellac. I fear I might be banned if I tell you what I really think of that.
They might very well have banned buggies and pushchairs, but that needs to be widened to include roll along cases.
Too many people, way too many people.
Oh, and to the two young ladies in the ticket queue behind me who just wanted as many freebies as possible, you so have missed the point.
I can't see me going again.

Grrr.

it was my first time at professional beauty it was good but damn the amount of people and there was quite a few rude ones that would barge past or ignore if you said excuse me....i agree the ques was so long and half of the stuff i didnt get to look at which was a shame

it was sheer, unutterable, stupid, badly organised hell. Had it not been for Cogsi, Persianista, Angelina, Fiona and Vetty I would have cried.
It took me longer to get from the river Lea bridge into ExCel (approx half a mile) than it did to get from Heathrow to the river Lea (driving). There were queues for everthing: loos, tickets, coffee, and just don't get me started about queuing for Shellac. I fear I might be banned if I tell you what I really think of that.
They might very well have banned buggies and pushchairs, but that needs to be widened to include roll along cases.
Too many people, way too many people.
Oh, and to the two young ladies in the ticket queue behind me who just wanted as many freebies as possible, you so have missed the point.
I can't see me going again.

Grrr.

OMG totally agree with you Lynne.I was so looking forward to it as it was my first time and to be honest,absolutely hated it.Was in the queue for minx for about 45mins,there was 1 guy on the till:grr: people were jumping the queue and barging past.Tried to queue for Shellac and only lasted 20 mins,gave up after that,it was ridiculous!!!
Far too many people there!!!!

Latest posts

Back