Semi permanent lashes - losing loads!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL another eyelash thread that's getting heavily edited and deleted :rolleyes: which again is causing considerable confusion to those asking of assistance and to those that are trying to follow things

I might be as thick as a brick but each and every time I log onto this thread...and the other eyelash threads to boot it/they keep changing and bits keep getting deleted....im :confused: .com

Good to see sooooo many new and suddenly experienced experts crawling out of the woodwork all of a sudden ...welcome to the wonderful world of eye lash extensions...where the heck have you been guy's all these years.
:hug:

Has it now become more interesting to those that previously didn't show any interest simply because its now peaking in demand I wonder:irked:

Kinda like candling ....... only lashes have more credibility.:lol:

LOL another eyelash thread that's getting heavily edited and deleted :rolleyes: which again is causing considerable confusion to those asking of assistance and to those that are trying to follow things

I might be as thick as a brick but each and every time I log onto this thread...and the other eyelash threads to boot it/they keep changing and bits keep getting deleted....im :confused: .com

Good to see sooooo many new and suddenly experienced experts crawling out of the woodwork all of a sudden ...welcome to the wonderful world of eye lash extensions...where the heck have you been guy's all these years.

Has it now become more interesting to those that previously didn't show any interest simply because its now peaking in demand I wonder:irked:

Well neither of those statements (in red) are true for a start. :hug: There has only been one edit (moderation to remove a link) and one deleted post (moderation because it should have been a pm) which is absolutely normal.

No reason either why anyone (expert or not) (experienced or not) can't comment on a topic if they are interested or have feed back from clients that may be useful to others, is there? I think it is most welcome.

It's good to see and hear from folks who are not so 'involved' shall we say and getting another perspective on things. Maybe the skin and hair forums have been a little too isolated in the past. Now that many people are offering a variety of services instead of specializing in just one, I'm sure we will see allot more interest in all sorts of treatments in the future and there will be more interaction between the forums. Lets hope that all will be made welcome and not be discouraged from participating in the discussions.

I must say that had I been any other new person to the site, I hope I would have been treated in a much more respectful and nicer way than I have been over my last few forays into the skin forum, and the lash-type posts in particular!

But as to the original question re lashes from rubbing off ... I have to say that I have been using a neck pillow when I sleep and it has very nicely kept my eyes and lashes from squishing and getting mashed. Better for your neck too! lol two benefits for the price of one.

Last edited:
Ok call me stupid but I don't get this post??? I can't se any editing (just a removal of a link???

And I know you don't refer to me particularly, but my reason of sudden interest in lash-threads is because I'm now considering taking on lashes in my salon. I have been doing them at another salon, so it's not new to me. But to be honest I haven't looked at skingeek much before, as there was lot's of reading in nailgeek LOL

I hope nobody find my answers wrong or misleading...
:hug::hug:

Well neither of those statements (in red) are true for a start. :hug: There has only been one edit (moderation to remove a link) and one deleted post (moderation because it should have been a pm) which is absolutely normal.

No reason either why anyone (expert or not) (experienced or not) can't comment on a topic if they are interested or have feed back from clients that may be useful to others, is there? I think it is most welcome.

It's good to see and hear from folks who are not so 'involved' shall we say and getting another perspective on things. Maybe the skin and hair forums have been a little too isolated in the past. Now that many people are offering a variety of services instead of specializing in just one, I'm sure we will see allot more interest in all sorts of treatments in the future and there will be more interaction between the forums. Lets hope that all will be made welcome and not be discouraged from participating in the discussions.

I must say that had I been any other new person to the site, I hope I would have been treated in a much more respectful and nicer way than I have been over my last few forays into the skin forum, and the lash-type posts in particular!

But as to the original question re lashes from rubbing off ... I have to say that I have been using a neck pillow when I sleep and it has very nicely kept my eyes and lashes from squishing and getting mashed. Better for your neck too! lol two benefits for the price of one.

LOL having seen the "deleted" posting and the rational behind its deletion is to say the least somewhat dubious and was not as it has claimed to have been....if that was indeed the case then every single posting on this and every other thread should be a PM :confused: .com

In so far as professional (qualified or not)opinion is concerned we,as professionals will always differ in our opinions...that is indeed what makes this forum worthwhile dropping by for those that wish to "learn something new today"

If indeed one professionals opinion differs from another there really is no need for certain posters to get personal and use "paranoia" as a justification for being personal.

As for my own professional opinion on the subject of single or express lashes is concerned is that "each to there own,go with whaterver you feel suits you,the look your trying to achive and of course the time you available for said treatment. "

However from a purely non brand and factual perspective and as Karl has already pointed out our lashes are replenished every 4/6/8 weeks dependant upon many factors and that they of course don't all drop out at the same time. :eek:

It therefore follows that extensions singularly applied to existing lashes will undoubtedly cause less complication to adjoining lashes when they naturally drop out....who in there right mind wants to walk around Tescos shopping for their Sunday roast and two veg with lashes that have come away still stuck to those that haven't.:eek:

IMO therefore if your looking to glam yourself up there are only two ways,that to me,make sense

1) do it properly and have single lashes applied to...well single lashes

2) if you want a quick fix glam look for that special evening...well get some strip lashes which can easily be removed the following day

Just a professionals opinion about a professional treatment....non brand specific of course :hug:

If as a consumer you are having problems with your applied lashes the best course of action,as always,is to refer back to the therapist who applied them so she can take a look at the problem and advise you acordingly...:hug:

Im sure if she is worth any salt any faults can and will be rectified without any further cost on your part....after all..a happy customer is a returning one :hug:

Thank you all for your replies!

Quick update, 2 days after my original post, I had 4 lashes left in my 'sleep side' eye and 10 left in my 'good' eye, so I'm guessing that my sleeping habits weren't the only issue here.

I have since had them redone by another lady to see if they last any longer on me. I told her of my problem and she suggested that it may have been because she'd used all size 12's and not graduated them so they were getting in each others way (is this true?). I now have 10's, 11's and 12's and they do look alot nicer than the original set, let's see how they last after a couple of fills!

Lets hope we don't go down the American path with lashes too (as we have done with nails) or we will all end up like Tammy Faye

tammy.jpg

What next ? Barbara Cartland eyeshadow to match

barbra.jpg

Lets hope we don't go down the American path with lashes too (as we have done with nails) or we will all end up like Tammy Faye

tammy.jpg

What next ? Barbara Cartland eyeshadow to match

barbra.jpg

LOL...now thats one hell of a good looking woman :eek::lol::lol:

Kinda like candling ....... only lashes have more credibility.:lol:

OMG don't go getting started on that topic cos we will have Hippy-chick bearing down on us all from a dirty great height :eek::lol::lol:

Oooo I might start offering a Babs Cartland Lash!! Niiiiicccceeeee!

Collin, I totally get what you're saying.

By the way, aren't these Blink'n Go lashes supposed to be removed after 2 weeks? If so why do we hear of some wearing them longer? How are techs supposed to ensure that clients will return in 2 weeks for a removal?

Last edited:
when i had them fitted nouveau called me to make an appointment to remove them i had already removed them by this time as i had bad news and been crying and rubbing my eyes lol, however im sure a therapist offering these lashes would offer them the appointment date suitable to have them removed, and explain to them why they need removing and reapplying hopefully the client will listen to this but i dont think we can control what our clients do, i dont do these lashes but i do have some clients that do not listen to a word i say in regards to after care and then i do have others that look after them really well and follow what i tell them.

its all down to the client and the therapist to educate.

when i had them fitted nouveau called me to make an appointment to remove them i had already removed them by this time as i had bad news and been crying and rubbing my eyes lol, however im sure a therapist offering these lashes would offer them the appointment date suitable to have them removed, and explain to them why they need removing and reapplying hopefully the client will listen to this but i dont think we can control what our clients do, i dont do these lashes but i do have some clients that do not listen to a word i say in regards to after care and then i do have others that look after them really well and follow what i tell them.

its all down to the client and the therapist to educate.

Good post Kelly .. of course it is.

One way of helping to ensure clients return is to add/include the cost of the removal in the full set price. That is what I would do. It still won't ensure that they return but I think they would be more likely to.

The 2 week mark for removal is a recommendation ... personally mine lasted really well for 3 weeks before I removed them thanks to my neck pillow. (Then I removed them myself as I have the remover and I CAN) :lol:

Hi everyone!

This is my first message on here! I have just completed my lash perfect training, didnt think much of the trainer but the lashes look great! i want to get everyone feedback on which companies and products are the best? what are marvel lash like? i need some reviews on the products before i spend lots of £ on a kit if the lashes don't last!

Thanks

x x x x

Hi everyone!

This is my first message on here! I have just completed my lash perfect training, didnt think much of the trainer but the lashes look great! i want to get everyone feedback on which companies and products are the best? what are marvel lash like? i need some reviews on the products before i spend lots of £ on a kit if the lashes don't last!

Thanks

x x x x

I think if you trawl through the lash posts you will get a god idea of the top brands for both training and product and customer service. It has all been discussed before. Have a search ........ Nouveau Lash gets my vote! :green:

Does anyone know where I can get a primer/prep specially for lash extensions? I use 3D lashes and they don't do one "yet"......

Does anyone know where I can get a primer/prep specially for lash extensions? I use 3D lashes and they don't do one "yet"......

Hi Hannah,

sorry to hear that your supplier doesnt offer the prep'/primer as that is essential to a long lasting bond of the extensions but if you want I can pm you our website address as we offer the primer and also the sealant?:hug:

Latest posts

Back