Shaping up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Most Popular Nail Shape ?

• Square

Votes: 239 41.3%
  • Oval

Votes: 40 6.9%
  • Stiletto

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Round

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Squoval

Votes: 284 49.1%

• Total voters
I added SQUOVAL....:)

the most asked for shape in our salon is "square with the corners taken off", & they are told that its called "squoval"!
my eye has changed over the last 18 months, & i like to see softer curvier nails.
my nails ars still square, but this is something that has been my mission to change for about 6 months now! (ask ruth!)
liza x

I have one lady that live's in stiletto.. wouldnt be seen in anything elce (and no they aint on her feet :p) .. I love doing um.. makes a nice change, then I have about 5 young ladies that love square .. but Squoval (sp?) is the most popular choice .. ..

Dead sharp square for me....more evil that way! :evil:

LOL

Sori guys but don't even recognise what squoval and stilhetto shapes are. I've only done the foundation course with Creative so far and we didn't go into shapes that deeply other than square and oval. Do you learn these on other courses then?

My nails start square but after a few days at work end up squ-ova-agonal!:eek:

Nice! Not x

Yes my clients are the same mostly sqoval, the odd few go for oval

Most of my clients have squavol, although i have noticed that my older ladies prefer oval. I think my tastes have changed too in the last year or so because i used to always have squavol french and occassionally squavol natural but now i love my stillettos- my fav being ruby slipper stillettos which im wearing at the mo. Saying that though I was at leeds OSNS yesterday and i saw some fantastic oval french that Dianne plummer had done on a girl for a demo, they were lovely- she had done them with brisa - i loved them!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Not actually done anything other than squoval as i am still doing my Creative foundation.

But my favourite has to be Stilletto, the Ruby Reds by Gigi are what i am aiming for. I even printed the piccie off for inspiration on my course :D

Em

hmm, I would say that it is a pretty even split for me. I have a few younger clients who prefer oval.

However, I voted squoval because that's what I prefer.

Here in Ireland we call that shape Scround!! I do think it makes sense,square with the corners rounded off = Scround!!
Where did the word Squoval come from?

I voted square because I didn't know that square with the corners rounded were squoval...:eek: Me definately a squoval type of gal!!

i have found that more people are asking for oval shapes now

Its squoval for me too!!

Most of my clients like the squoval look, I have tried stilleto on myself but it looks pants! Squoval suits my hand shape, I think.

It's mainly squoval for me too - although i would love to try stilletto one a client if they let me..

Hmmm so most of the votes under Square are actually supposed to be Squoval according to the messages, thats gonna knock the poll sideways and give us a false result!
For me its squoval too.

not my bag - but younguns seem to like em ssquare - then squoval :hug:

Ms.Matrix said:
I voted square because I didn't know that square with the corners rounded were squoval...:eek: Me definately a squoval type of gal!!

Isn't squoval a little more rounded on the top rather than just being square with the corners rounded? Sounds like some clarification is needed by a pro 'cause now I'm doubting myself! :hug:

Ovalesque will be something between square and oval.:lol:

Latest posts

Back