Shellac removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishes

Reaction score
What is everyone using for removing Shellac? CND Shellac wraps or Magis? I dont know which to go with any opinions to which is best??:hug:

What is everyone using for removing Shellac? CND Shellac wraps or Magis? I dont know which to go with any opinions to which is best??:hug:

I personally prefer the Magis Wraps. You need to get them on good and tight and I find the Magis easier for that as you can give them a wee squeeze once you've got them on. Also easier to apply to yourself so if your clients can't come back to you for removal these are easier for them too.

I use acetone on a little guaze wrapped in foil. I works very well for me.

Magi wraps for me ,
The foil is realllly strong!

You can take them off check the nail and then put it back on nice and snug.

I found with the CND ones once they wear undone or you slipped them off getting them back on was a bit hit and miss!

I've not really noticed an smell with eaver because I use D solve but I'm thinking there would be less smell from foil ,

I was sometimes having to add a tiny bit more D solve to the wrap as on some nails it would look likt it had dryed up or I hadnt put enough on , I no longer had this when I switched to the magi wraps.

And the mettle will hole the heat a bit more so probably a touch faster on the removal.
How ever I do love the way the CND ones look !

After using my 6th bag of Shellac wraps, I decided to give the magis a go (which comes in boxes of 500) as I was finding it a bit tricky applying them to the toes & the foil magis works great & is so much cheaper- & I love them! I still have 3 more bags of shellac wraps left which I will use for fingers, but once they are used up I think it will have to be magis for both!
I agree with everthing mizzy_dizzy has said, & I too really love the look of the shellac wraps. x

I use the Magis L&P Wraps as I was told they were much better. Are you guys using the L&P or gel wraps fo fingers?

I've been using the magis gel wraps, to remove my shellac, however i still retail the shellac wraps for clients who want to remove at home.
And like the others I find the magis to be more secure than the shellac wraps.
And dare I say it even quicker too....

Lee-Ann - I have just checked for you, I got the magis gel foil these come in a box of 500, whereas the L&P come in a box of 240 for £4 extra, I know these are a thicker pad (like the shellac wraps) but I got my magis gel foil wraps a couple of days ago & have found they work just as well. x:hug:x

I've been using the magis gel wraps, to remove my shellac, however i still retail the shellac wraps for clients who want to remove at home.
And like the others I find the magis to be more secure than the shellac wraps.
And dare I say it even quicker too....

How much do you retail the shellac wraps for? Do you sell bottles of acetone as well? x

Lee-Ann - I have just checked for you, I got the magis gel foil these come in a box of 500, whereas the L&P come in a box of 240 for £4 extra, I know these are a thicker pad (like the shellac wraps) but I got my magis gel foil wraps a couple of days ago & have found they work just as well. x:hug:x

That's great. Thanks for checking. I will try the gel wraps next. :green:

How much do you retail the shellac wraps for? Do you sell bottles of acetone as well? x

Just wondering if anyone had an answer to this?

I had a client at the weekend who told me that last time she had her Shellac removed she'd been sitting in the salon with her hands in a bowl of acetone!! x

I love the Shellac Wraps as they look professional, my regulars do their 'Fingerbob impressions' when they have them on (showing their ages there) but i do use cotton wool and foil as well, especially for the toes as the CND wraps can be a bit tricky to apply.

I use the Magis gel wraps for removal in the salon as they're MUCH cheaper and they do the job as well as, if not better than, the shellac ones. I also sell the shellac ones for home removal, as well as the D Solve (that is when S2 have it in stock - grrr)

Keeping your costs down is VERY important!

Although I think the cnd wraps look good, I found them a nightmare to apply to myself. They weren't very secure, dried out quickly, and so took longer than they should to work. :irked:

I'm afraid I've gone back to my easy soak bowl, but have got some magi wraps to use. Although I bought the toe ones, I was amazed at how tiny they all appear and nowhere big enough for the larger toes. Haven't tried them yet, though, but might give them a go on fingers.

I use the Magis gel wraps for removal in the salon as they're MUCH cheaper and they do the job as well as, if not better than, the shellac ones. I also sell the shellac ones for home removal, as well as the D Solve (that is when S2 have it in stock - grrr)

Keeping your costs down is VERY important!

I agree. Using the cnd wraps is expensive by comparison.

I now use the Magis foil wraps for gel on my shellac removal and gelish removal and they work perfectly well. I have put my D-solve into a press despenser and just use two pumps of the D-solve on each wrap which is much less than I used to use on the Shellac wraps where I tipped the bottle to the pad until it was soaked - I went through much more solution.

I also found very frustratingly that all three large bags of Shellac Wraps I bought had less than a 100 wraps in and had quite a number that was faulty so the magis have been more successful with me and seem much better value for money.

:)

I do exactly the same as prev poster, however I use acetone weakened with water in my pump dispenser, works great. I dont use on feet I find it easier to place a length of cotton wall across all 5 toes apply remover and wrap in foil then hot towel, so whole 5 toes coverd as opposed to individual toes, I protect sorrounding skin with little oil before applying. xxx

I now use the Magis foil wraps for gel on my shellac removal and gelish removal and they work perfectly well. I have put my D-solve into a press despenser and just use two pumps of the D-solve on each wrap which is much less than I used to use on the Shellac wraps where I tipped the bottle to the pad until it was soaked - I went through much more solution.

I also found very frustratingly that all three large bags of Shellac Wraps I bought had less than a 100 wraps in and had quite a number that was faulty so the magis have been more successful with me and seem much better value for money.

:)

Where do you get your Magis wraps from?

I sell the Shellac wraps for £5.00 and include a small bottle of acetone.
Jen xx

Latest posts

Back