Shocked and disgusted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This happened to me - and quite a few other journalists - not that long ago. Do tell the police, they took it really seriously. He started off with texts saying he had a great real life story, then it would become, um, quite rude.

I answered one of his phonecalls once by mistake, realised who it was and put the phone down, very politely telling him I wasn't interested. I think it's better not to respond as where is the thrill for them if they aren't getting a response?

Rachael x

I'm not very easily shocked but can understand that some of the people who send these messages should be in the loony bin. I've been sent pictures of some (not very impressive) members before and just replied with "Nice watch", "Your duvet cover could do with a wash" or just "ha ha ha, is that it?"

I did end up with a rather persistant man once so i downloaded some rather graphic gay p*rn, popped it onto my phone and sent them that. :green:

Never heard from them again.

On a serious note though... Just report it. x

Go to the police and make a report. Then text him the report number....that may prevent him doing it again.

thanks all for your replies, i have reported it, i went to my local police station and showed it o the receptionist, she filled in an incident slip but there was no one there to take a statement so i have to go back in tommorow!

Not holding out hope anything will really get done but i felt i needed to report it, then atleast if it happens again its already down on record that i reported it before.

thank you for all your advice and support :hug:

good good hun keep the number just incase and the pic unfortunatly as it is evidence. Just drop it onto your computer so it not on y a phone you need to keep a log of these things incase it happens again, and stress to the police how upsetting that it was 4 you getting this pic because if you come accross not bothered they will to so make sure they understand that it effects your job !! good luck tmoz xx

I'd report it to the police.

Or get your husband to ring the number and threaten to castrate the pervert!

:eek::eek: Well well well im almost speechless! :eek::eek:

Now ill be totally honest....if it was ME....after getting over my initial shock! I probably wouldnt be able to resist the temptation of texting him back and telling him that even the worlds best surgeon wouldnt be able to extend that maggot! yep that wud be me too...

I dont know if id go to the police or not tbh....i definately would if i received anything else....having said that...i hope I dont offend you by saying this but id probably be creased up! (I know its not funny really) but thats just ME....I tend to laugh at everything...thinks its just my coping mechanism sometimes lol id rather do that than fret and get stressed out!
I have a v strange sense of humour and afta the shock wud come the humongous giggle fit (n i cant stop once ave started)

God i really dont know what id do. I think id have to text him and say something utterly random about his size!!! Men really get offended if you say they have a small weener, if he offended me id have to do it back. But thats just me, i dont like anyone getting the better of me
xxxxx

Report him. There really are some dirty sad lame excuses for men about, what a perve!

Report him. There really are some dirty sad lame excuses for men about, what a perve!

Soooooo true!

Going back to the police station at 2pm so will let you know what happens, if anything!

Thanks geeks for all your support!:hug::hug:

just to let everyone know, i have just got back from the police station and they are going to give this man a call, and tell him what he did was unacceptable, they said they would have a stern word.
If i get anymore from the same bloke as a result of reporting it they said to go back in and they will arrest him for abusive/threatning behaviour.
Im glad they are able to do something, mite make him think twice before thinking this is just a harmful thing to do.

:hug::hug:

i recieved a picture message of a man's penis, with the words 'can you extend this nail' underneath!!!!:mad:

just send back a message "sorry love, but it's too small, I don't have a magnifying lamp, I only help physically and you need mental help"

just to let everyone know, i have just got back from the police station and they are going to give this man a call, and tell him what he did was unacceptable, they said they would have a stern word.
If i get anymore from the same bloke as a result of reporting it they said to go back in and they will arrest him for abusive/threatning behaviour.
Im glad they are able to do something, mite make him think twice before thinking this is just a harmful thing to do.

:hug::hug:
Hi Hun

What a perve!! If this was me I would not be happy with this.

They should trace him and pay him a visit , not call him .

If he is a proper pervert he wont answer the phone for starters, plus how will you know the police have really called him and spoke to him?

How will they know the person they are talking to is the same perve that sent the msg to you?

This person should be traced , and reprimanded .

If the police just ring him and give him a ticking off how do they know he is not a known pervert or paedophile if they havent seen him or done a trace on him? Plus he wont text you again, but he will do it to somebody else!
He could be doing this to a kiddies phone. who may just text him back, and voila!!

You have done the right thing hun, but the police are a bit half soaked arent they?:mad:

Hope you are ok. xxxxxxxxxxxx:hug::hug::hug:

hey ive recentley started mobile and did the same thing advertising and latley i have had a man calling me saying the most awful pervey things!!To be honest i just laughed but it really annoyed my boyfriend!! lol!! some people are just sooo pathetic!! xx

hey ive recentley started mobile and did the same thing advertising and latley i have had a man calling me saying the most awful pervey things!!To be honest i just laughed but it really annoyed my boyfriend!! lol!! some people are just sooo pathetic!! xx

One of the reasons i reported it was so my my husband wouldn't think it was from a bloke i knew or was having an affair with!

DO NOT TEXT BACK!!!!!! my my partner is cop , and he said report it straight away! it is a offence (well here in Australia it is)

so take your phone with you,

what a sicko, i would have been really pi@*ed off if i got that!

Having worked in our business since Adam was a lad here are some things that happened to me and how I dealt with them.
Phone calls from eejits asking for example the colour of your underwear,or worse.
My Response.You do not frighten me but if you want your nails doing all perverts make appointments for Friday afternoons .We are opposite the police station you cannot miss us
Alone on a Friday night 2 men walking towards me down the corridor on my premises.
My Response Hello there(very forcibly) you have made a mistake follow me.Come on,come on before they close.(They turned around like dumbos)At the outside door I said turn left for a barbershop,goodnight.I locked the door by dropping the latchThe police were too busy. so a pal came and rescued me.(A cab driver would have made an alternative)
Paint thrown onto the shop window.
My Response.A gallon of Laquer remover and cotton wool,told the police just so they know what is going on on their patch.
Finally when you get those unsolicited sales calls.
My Response.Oh yes how much am I being paid for this call?(Dumbfounded silence)I presume you are being paid,Nice one nice oneThey always click off)
Anything on text or letter sent personally to you the police need to be informed.
My e mail is often full of offers of a sexual or medical nature.
I ignore them.
This didnt happen to me but a pal was selling anti wrinkle cream for a well known beauty house in a Manchester store .A man approached and said would it work on his penis.She said yes sir you got it in one.please every one come and hear what this gentle man in the brown jacket has asked me(He high tailed it out of the store)
It is still a great profession .

Yu've done the right thing reporting it to the police. Hopefully that will be the last you hear from him.

My friend once walked by a flasher and said to him "I've put nappies on ones bigger than that!"

I know of a guy that I used to work with in the UK who went to prison for doing this very thing. Sent a picture of his dangley bits to a female "friend", she reported it to the Police and he went away for 6 months and of course lost his well paid job to boot

I had this once and a guy rang me and asked if i take it up the (behind) I will keep it clean I am sure you know what I mean. I said oh god im sorry mate, your obviously a tad confused that you got me when your a homosexual, have you tried the 0898 numbers instead or if you need councililing the gay and lesbian helpline. All I heard after I said that was 'click' as his phone went down lol!!!

I also worked in recruitment and a comment was passed to a female staff member to come and sit on a mans lap. She got really upset and it caused an event of further comments. I'd have just told him there was nothing worth wasting my time for cause it would take the worlds most powerful telescope to find it and anything he had to give wouldnt last more than 20 seconds anyway lol!

This happened to a friend of mine once, anyway she reported it to the Police and they asked her to attend an ID parade as they believed they had got him. Indeed they had has she said she would never forget that mole anywhere and the other Seven looked nothing like the one in the text.

Latest posts

Back