so who are the smokers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how many of you smoke and how many a day

• Total voters
Hi Starstruck

I think it is because some/most tend to smoke instead of eat or eat a bit then smoke. Then when you quit smoking you eat cause you don't smoke because you feel like your missing something :eek: does this make sense???

Take care

And you're doing something with your hands :wink2: perhaps it is easier to give up if you have a fella, no l don't mean that - makes them go blind ya no :eek: :lol: :lol:

Take care

Yep...makes sense....thanx.....

I do know what you mean, I have been addicted to energy drinks before....and this did replace any cravings I had too!

Glad I stopped this though, but when I did I had a MASSIVE headache........can't think why????????

xx

Well i actually smoke less than 20 a week, but since that wasn't available i chose 10-20 a day. I usually just smoke after dinner and when i go out at night. I don't even know if i'm a real smoker, cause i can spend 2 weeks or more and never crave for a cigarette.
So to better explain i guess i'm a social smoker....lol

guilty as hell I'm affraid.

Keep trying to quit but never seem to get round to it. Slightest bit of stress n I smoke more whether I want to or not, just keep reaching for the packet

Debz xx

Starstruck said:
Sorry about this......really strange question??

Smokers say that they are fatter when they stop smoking (right...most of them do!)

Is is actually the smoking that makes you slimmer or do you stop craving other things????

Sorry very medical question, just would like to know?

xx

I think there is something in the chemicals in a cigarette that suppresses your appetite, that's why most people enjoy the ciggie after a meal..... it helps it to go down (hubby's words not mine!!).

My hubby gave up about 10 weeks ago. Before quitting he had managed to cut down from about 15 to 7 or 8 a day. Although he doesn't smoke our food bill has gone up as he's starving all the time :eek: He's only gained a few pounds thou as he's eating grapes like they're going out of fashion.

Martigirl said:
thank you without sounding obsessed a book was all it took Allen Carr "Easyway to stop smoking" and to be honest it was! hubby gave up at the same time. I had given up before, twice for nearly a year each time, and other times for a few weeks, but now I genuinely don't think I will smoke again. Never say never but my head is in a completely different place about it now.

I've read this too - TEN TIMES! Ended up smoking the ruddy BOOK!!

Okay I'm just joking, just couldn't resist that one! I tried a ciggie when I watched Grease at the cinema when I was 15. It was crap! I thought, why force yourself to get addicted to this foul habit? Never smoked again since.

I had a badge in my teens. It said, Kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray. I'll never go out with a smoker - would be a good form of contraception though, the smell's enough to put me off IT!!

i just started again after giving up 8 years ago...went out for a night with the girls (all smokers) and decided to have a couple while i was out and that was it... when i stopped all them years ago it was just after losing 8 stone which i have managed to put back on over the years..funny thing is i have been smoking again for about 5 weeks and i weighed myself yesterday and have lost 9lb in that time..

Hey

were is the option for nope gross never touch em?

plaoh said:
He's only gained a few pounds thou as he's eating grapes like they're going out of fashion.
You know why don't you???
It's because he's stuck in the loo... all those grapes 'clear you out' :eek:

Hi there gave up 2002 - at least 20 - 40 a day .
Pack in the car pack in my bag and one spare AROUND just in case.

I will confess to a slight regression 2002 before I hit the button & won $2000 .
Had a few cigarette's & far to much champagne....lol........

I have recently had my elderly father move in with me.
Along with the oxygen machine - ventollator & variuos medications.

He has smoked all his life over 40 cigs a day.

If this isn't enough to make me NEVER put another one of those
POISIONOUS DEMONIC THINGS to my mouth again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know what is??

XX J XX

I never have done and never will do. I think its gross. I stayed at my mates the other night and they were all smoking, and i woke up feeling rough as hell, my voice was croaky and my throat was sore. yak.

How many of you want to give up though??

Why dont you all do it together!!

My best mate charlotte actually likes smoking, even tho she constantly makes me ill because i am sensitive to it. what a cow bag lol.

I'm a strange one!
I was a regular smoker till Jan 05, I smoked 7 - 10 a day. (menthols)
Jan this year I gave up smoking as I had a really bad cold and I couldn't smoke.
Now I class myself as a social smoker!!
I only smoke if I am in a social situation with a fellolw smoker!! at the pub for example.

i've never been a smoker, i never thought too much about the health risks, i just never wanted to smell like that. what really makes me seathe though is when i see pregnant women smoking, i have had a difficult pregnancy with a 70% risk of disability to my baby through no fault of my own, and when i see women who are putting an unborn defenseless baby at risk like that it really saddens me, its so selfish and ungrateful.

other than the smell though, what really scares me is developing BUMHOLE MOUTH, no i dont mean bad breath, i mean the telltale puckered mouth which radiates lines that you see on older women who have smoked for ages.

i over eat though, so i'm no angel.

I am guilty too!

Started on Silk Cut's from being 15 and then at 17 went to Ibiza. Our hotel didn't sell Silk Cut and the shop was a big walk so started smoking Lambert and Butler!

If i'm at work i'm busy so only smoke about 7 a day but weekend I can smoke up to 20 a day!

I crave most after a meal!

I have to admit....I too enjoy my ciggies!

I also have to admit I wish I could give it up!

Guilty here too

I smoke too! I started when i was nearly fourteen and i remember thinking i wouldnt get addicted and iw ould stop when i was about 16. Im twenty now and still smoking. I do enjoy it sometimes but half the time i do it just for the sake of it. I crave it most after meals too and when im out drinking at the weekend. The weird thing is after a saturday night out smoking i dont have one again until about tuesday and even then i only have a few. It makes me feel sick!! I really want to stop though!

Yes I guess I stoped for Health risks I started to worry what it was doing to me!

Also the ageing thing LOL! I am sure it does age the skin more you can see this on women and men that are very heavy smokers.

All This did not worry me until I hit 40 years, I liked my cigs too much but I just got to the age I wanted to stop.

If I wanterd a cig now when I was out I would have one knowing I will never ever start again I would only do it when I was out and this is not very often LOL!

Caz xxx

angel fingers said:
i've never been a smoker, i never thought too much about the health risks, i just never wanted to smell like that. what really makes me seathe though is when i see pregnant women smoking, i have had a difficult pregnancy with a 70% risk of disability to my baby through no fault of my own, and when i see women who are putting an unborn defenseless baby at risk like that it really saddens me, its so selfish and ungrateful.

other than the smell though, what really scares me is developing BUMHOLE MOUTH, no i dont mean bad breath, i mean the telltale puckered mouth which radiates lines that you see on older women who have smoked for ages.

i over eat though, so i'm no angel.

as you know i gave up smoking in feb this year with the help of you lot,
but alas i have put on 7lb, and that has really got me down...why have i put on weight basically i eat more food tastes so yummy now,
i miss smoking i did enjoy it but my boys would look at me funny when the smoking ads came on (the ones where the kids breath out the smoke) and i couldnt take it anymore.lol
my skin went awful when i first gave up, though like i was going through puberty but it has got a nice healthy glow to it which it never had before......just got to shift the weight i put on :sad:
i still actually love the smell

Add up what you spend in a year and think about what nail goodies you'd buy, hols you'd have, etc.

Ex smoker of 8yrs now. never bothers me anymore.

Latest posts

Back