Spray Tan Complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katykitten

Reaction score
We had a client is for a spray tan yesterday (used our automated booth rather than our manual HVLP) and she has called this morning saying that she has no colour whatsoever and said that her friend can't even tell she's had a tan done.

She's had spray tans before (although not with us) and never had a problem and she said she followed our pre and after care advice but still nothing. I know she was told how to use the booth as I heard my member of staff explaining it all to her perfectly.

She's off on holiday tomorrow so was upset she didnt have a tan so I've offered to do a full body hvlp spray tan for her today for free if she wants to pop in, but she still wasn't fussed with that.

I've never had a complaint before about our automated booth, and we tell all clients the pros and cons of both systems before they choose and I can't for the life of me think why she has no colour. Any past experiences or any advice offered would be appreciated!! xx

If she was naked in the booth she wont have any white bits to compare with,
the only times i used to get complaints was when the client had gone naked for a tan (i spray manually with the HVLP)
i now have small love heart stickers and i apply 1 to their hip or buttock so that there is a white patch for them to see the difference in colour hth

Sorry hun I don't have any experience of the automated booths. Have you tested it since - could it be a mechanical issue?

We had a client is for a spray tan yesterday (used our automated booth rather than our manual HVLP) and she has called this morning saying that she has no colour whatsoever and said that her friend can't even tell she's had a tan done.

She's had spray tans before (although not with us) and never had a problem and she said she followed our pre and after care advice but still nothing. I know she was told how to use the booth as I heard my member of staff explaining it all to her perfectly.

She's off on holiday tomorrow so was upset she didnt have a tan so I've offered to do a full body hvlp spray tan for her today for free if she wants to pop in, but she still wasn't fussed with that.

I've never had a complaint before about our automated booth, and we tell all clients the pros and cons of both systems before they choose and I can't for the life of me think why she has no colour. Any past experiences or any advice offered would be appreciated!! xx

what time yesterday did she have the tan application??

I had one client in just before her and three in after her and no complaints at all. I have even seen 2 of the clients this morning and they were perfectly happy.

The booth was also only serviced 4 weeks ago so it know that there isn't any 'mechanical' wrong with it.

So confused.........

what time yesterday did she have the tan application??

1pm yesterday afternoon. And she said that she washed it off at 8am this morning

1pm yesterday afternoon. And she said that she washed it off at 8am this morning

It may well be that she is someone who develops slower than the other customers who have all confirmed they are happy...probably accentuated by the fact that (as Louise mentions) that she is used to HVLP tan application where you have the ability to see the tan definition around the nicker line.
i would not go into panic mode just yet..the others have reported their tans are fine ...I would advise that the customer waits the full 24hrs and then reports to you...
HTH :hug:

the only times i used to get complaints was when the client had gone naked for a tan (i spray manually with the HVLP)
i now have small love heart stickers and i apply 1 to their hip or buttock so that there is a white patch for them to see the difference in colour hth

I like this idea Lou... thanks for sharing. :hug:

Aaww - that's a seriously cute idea :Love:

hiya, that sounds like a great idea, i am pretty new to all this and dont have my training until next sat - i have bought the minimist mobile kit and i am panicking a bit about peole being able to see a differenve.

are they just like stationary stickers?

Kieley

hiya, that sounds like a great idea, i am pretty new to all this and dont have my training until next sat - i have bought the minimist mobile kit and i am panicking a bit about peole being able to see a differenve.

are they just like stationary stickers?

Kieley
Yes they are your normal every day stickers, about the size of a 2p,
where are you doing your training hun

I am doing it with a Tantrick trainer, a lady called Caroline Pleasant from west yorkshire, near where i live

Is it the tantrick system that you use?

I am the Tantrick trainer for Yorkshire hun :hug:
Caroline covers south yorkshire

ah right, when i went onto the website on tujes Carolne was the only one i notced near the Leeds area - i am from Morley and Caroline is Dewsbury which is only 15 mins away, where are you based?

Last edited:
I am based in bradford hun but no worries :hug:

What a fantastic idea Lou going to look into this one fantastic

The only way a tan is not going to take is if none was sprayed on the skin or if u have oil based products acting as a barrier.Could she have applied and oil based mosturiser before she had the tan done? x

I am on my way to 24hr asda for supplies as we speak ha ha -thats a fab idea hun, get you!! Tantrick should make a stencil that says '' ive bin tantricked!'' xx

Latest posts

Back