Star Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I need your opinion on Star Nails training?? because I'm still not sure who to book my course with.:eek:

Wouldnt know about star nails but would recommend CND (creative nail design)

If you do a search you will find all the info you need

Good luck

would not choose star. stick to creative for sure or at least one of the the top enders so to speak.

I obviously agree that CND training is excellent......as are a lot of other companies!:wink2:

However the thread starter has asked for information on Star Nails training and I think she deserves more constructive answers from people who have actually some experience of it, rather than "I don't know but my training with another company was good".
If you dont think choosing Star is a good idea....give your reasons as long as they are constructive.

Has anyone on site got experience that would help Michelle! as she is doing her homework checking out people before she chooses her training, just like we advise, in this article
http://www.salongeek.com/training/27430-answer-most-faq-training-should-i-choose.html

Hi, I trained with Star nails way back in the yr 2000 doing fibreglass nail enhancements.....at the time I thought they were very good and I enjoyed the course...however, I found out to my dismay that the certificate I got at the end was not a recognised one???!!:rolleyes:....I don't know if the same still applies? but I have just embarked on a progression course to l & P with Ezflow and I have to say that all the literature I have got with them is far better and more informative, more of it and VERY well presented in a big folder..:) only got a few loose pages with Star Nails!..I would definately say to you to think about what you get for your money and check out the otherss such as Ezflow/CND etc...my educators are really nice..:lol: hth

Hi everyone,
I need your opinion on Star Nails training?? because I'm still not sure who to book my course with.:eek:
hi, star nails courses are good courses, they have changed massively since 2000 the course booklets are very informative and the trainers are very good techs and very knowledgeable. the courses are recognized and you can get insurance. if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.
gemma xx

I trained in Star nails back in 1998 and did that with my local college, then a day course on acrylic sculpting. It wasnt the training so much that was the problem per say but more the problems I had as a nail tech with the actual products!

I experienced lifting and cracking with acrylics and gels as well as poor knowledge of protecting the natural nail from excessive filing. I also bought products wrongly packaged i.e the pink powder actually came out white and despite numerous complaints and having to find the right product at short notice I lost over £200 which star nails would not reimburse!

I did a conversion course with Creative in 2001 and it was excellent. I learnt that you didnt need to damage the natural nail in order for your nails to stay on nor did you have to prime!

I never experienced any problems since with lifting or nails falling off etc.

I know star nails went bankrupt a few years back and got took over so maybe they have changed.

I do find those courses cheaper to learn the basics on though and then you can always do a conversion course in Creative. You will be surprised at the difference between the products etc.

Kate

Hi!
i trained with star nails at my local sallys and it was excellent. I had a brilliant trainer who spent time with each of us to make sure we knew exactly what we were doing. i think it is unfair some of the comments star nails get! if you have a good trainer and put in 100% you will be fine! i believe star have had a sort out since i trained in jan 2006 so they are probably even better now! i have never had a problem with their products or a complaint from a client. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but i would say dont be put off by others comments! go for it and make your own judgement. The only negative about my training was the sallys heating wasnt working and we had to get some electric heaters to keep warm, but thats nothing to do with the training. hope that has been of some help. xx

Hi!
i trained with star nails at my local sallys and it was excellent. I had a brilliant trainer who spent time with each of us to make sure we knew exactly what we were doing. i think it is unfair some of the comments star nails get! if you have a good trainer and put in 100% you will be fine! i believe star have had a sort out since i trained in jan 2006 so they are probably even better now! i have never had a problem with their products or a complaint from a client. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but i would say dont be put off by others comments! go for it and make your own judgement. The only negative about my training was the sallys heating wasnt working and we had to get some electric heaters to keep warm, but thats nothing to do with the training. hope that has been of some help. xx

I agree that you should make your own judgement and go for it. If you ask for people's experience that's exactly what they will tell you, good or bad. I have read through the posts from those who did train with Star Nails and they are mixed, which is exactly what I would expect. Certainly not something I would be able to make a decision on anyway.

I think if I were you I would think about what I want to get from my training and products. What do YOU want to do, what type of service do YOU want to offer? How affordable and convenient does it have to be? I cost not an object, what about popularity? What do people want in your area. Then look at what systems fit the bill and why.

I think this is the only way you're going to know if you're doing what's right for YOU.

As far as training and trainers go, this all depends on the trainer. The product can be the best there is on the market but people will remember their training experience, not the product they used.

I know this isn't particularly helpful in terms of you making a decision but what I'm trying to say is that who you go with depends on what you want and if it fits the bill for you. What's right for one isn't necessarily right for the other. :)

I have to say i loved my training with star nails. I had a day of one to one training that helped me soooo much. I feel this course gave me much of a grounding again in the nail industry, all though i have since gone on to do a one to one with creative as there product is fabulas in comparison and has filled in all the gaps for me. Creative is amazing, star nails one to one is also good am glad i have done both as both have helped me sooo much. xxx

I'd say phone up the companies, speak to the people, get information, prices, dates, etc. Maybe if it's local, pay a visit to the person who is going to educate you. I did this and I trained with what I would consider two of the best, Ezflow and Creative. You need to feel comfortable with the company, the products and the educator. Thanks, Izzy and Wee Fi! xx

Hi, I trained with United Beauty who are the company that make and distribute Star nails products. I went to their head office in Corby, Northants and do not have a single negative thing to say. The venue, staff, training, products, friendliness and after training support have all been fantastic. I did both manicure and l&p courses with them.

i know i posted on this question earlier but i feel i should give you an update i was actually training for star but have recently been made redundent along with another trainer and the manager and some of the office staff, star at the minute only have two qualified educators working for them to cover the whole of the uk so if you were thinking of taking the course soon you may struggle so i would maybe be look at everyones advice and hunt round a bit. any questions pm me!! xxxx

I have recently enquired into training with united beauty and with baring all previous comments in mind was prepared to ask all necessary questions.
I got what i felt was a very open and honest response.... Yes, like a lot of other companies they have had to make cut backs but they now have various self employed qualified trainers onboard.
After also contacting other companies to compare prices, venues etc i have not completely come to a decision but i would say united beauty/star nails are at the moment my first choice.

I did my initial training with Star Nails GF21 gel and thought my educator was excellent and very knowledgable and passionate about her subject. However I was not that happy with the products, even after months and months of practice.

I converted to CND at the beginning of the year and am now delighted. I wish now I'd done my initial training with CND, due to the joy of using a top end product.

HTH

I think Kirsty (Scratchers) is a trainer for united beauty / star nails now (she's great!). United Beauty are based in Corby which is not far from Leicester so if the courses are run from there could be good for you.

Star nails is very different from what it used to be, the stand and products looked great at manchester xx

Latest posts

Back