** The official Shrinking Violet Thread ** who's done it and all comments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please let us know on here what the course prerequisites actually are, Moosebat?
It must be so frustrating to have all these conflicting reports about it all and some words from you guys would settle the matter, wouldn't they?
Thanks!
:)

Thanks Jane I will take over from here x

Had to jump on this one !!
Is it not more important to know the course contains the relevant A+p knowledge
This is a course in body wrapping for Christ sake
Plenty of people take short beauty courses in nails ,lashes etc without any previous beauty qualification
The courses are accredited for there content
I have a level quals in applied biological science and a degree in anatomy and physiology also a teaching qualification ( vocational adult learning )
I would fail to see if following the manufacturers guidelines and after sitting a core of knowledge day with the manufacturers representing educator .if the adult attending the course was of sound mind and physical ability could they not be capable of performing a body wrap !!!

Also, people need to bear in mind that if insurance companies WANTED any pre-requisites that weren't already specified by the training school, they would ask for them!

I too am going through a change in career options. I have always had a big interest in Beauty but always had different career paths. Im now 29 and have decided to follow my passion in beauty and as i have a mortgage to pay for, bills to pay, a single parent to my 5yo daughter etc etc etc i just do not have the time with also working to go to college to do Beauty and cant afford to give up my job to go. I opted last year to go private to do intense courses and is not something i have taken on lightly as im not one to do a course, get the certificate and go out to do it. I am always looking at ways to better my knowledge, hence why i come on here at every opportunity as you can never learn too much. So i think it is unfair to say that the likes of me shouldnt be able to go and do this course just because i didnt goto college to get my NVQs. I am really interested in doing the SV course and will do it when i get the chance to. I have looked into it in great depth so again not going into it with no knowledge. Sorry rant over :lol:

The pre requisites for Shrinking Violet Body wrap courses are:
1. Beauty Certificate
Means the therapist can do a 1 day conversion course.
2. Previously untrained the pre requisite is An A & P course, which we send to the student to be completed and exam passed before the training day, and after the initial training day, there are case studies to complete and return and in some cases retrain.
Then a shrinking violet cert would be issued and not before:
The official and only recognised training courses, which enable therapists to buy product from us at Tibby Olivier Pro or one of our distributors are the following
Tibby Olivier Pro.
The Fingertips Centre in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
The Creative Academy Manchester.
The Beauty School Warren Point Newry
North East Kennedia training
Lisa Barnes, London, Kent, Essex

More to follow shortly x

Last edited:
Thank you for the clarification.
I had an SV wrap carried out by a therapist who was trained by The Southern School of Beauty. Is this one of your official and recognised training courses, please?

I would imagine insurance companies would not class body wraps as big liability risk
No blood pathogen control ,sharpes disposal not even an immediate risk of electric shock or any triggers for epilepsy
Can't remember ever hearing about the crown versus blah blah for the liability case of incorrectly wrapping a body
And before any one say slip hazard if a client were to slip on some spilt shrinking violet solution and break there neck the claimant in this case should cite the health and safety at worker charter clause regarding spillages and trip hazards .thus being the manufacturer would have little implication in a comp claim

The official and only recognised training courses, which enable therapists to buy product from us at Tibby Olivier Pro or one of our distributors are the following
Tibby Olivier Pro.
More to follow shortly x

Also includes the Beauty School Warrenpoint Ireland/Eire

New rulings as of 1st April

Last edited:
Thank you for the clarification I am sure this will, at least, put some DIY'ers off doing the course in the first place. :wink2:

I would imagine insurance companies would not class body wraps as big liability risk
No blood pathogen control ,sharpes disposal not even an immediate risk of electric shock or any triggers for epilepsy
Can't remember ever hearing about the crown versus blah blah for the liability case of incorrectly wrapping a body
And before any one say slip hazard if a client were to slip on some spilt shrinking violet solution and break there neck the claimant in this case should cite the health and safety at worker charter clause regarding spillages and trip hazards .thus being the manufacturer would have little implication in a comp claim

I am not really sure what point you are making here and what relevance it has to the question. Insurance is needed to carry out any treatment and policies are prices accordingly and with a ratio to the threat of claim.

Change back to SV question... how is best to describe it in a nutshell for clients who ask?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Before passing such comments has anyone taken the time or trouble to actually research WHAT this course is..what it covers..the pre and after course work. The pass and failure rate ...

Would also add we have nurses and physios taking it who are, in actual fact, more highly qualified in A & P than beauty therapists !!

Why not as I KEEP saying speak to the horses mouth with any query, suggestion, issue....

PS, some trainers may be new to you but The Fingertips Centre and The Creative Academy are renowned for their level of training !

I did actually send a message to Tibby olivier on fb and it was read but not responded to hence me asking on here.
At least if a nurse was to train they would have in depth anatomy and physiology knowledge rather than joe bloggs off the street that knows only what is taught in 6/8 hours on the course.

I asked this question due to clients seeing pound signs without any qualification and clearly able to training this questioning professionalism of the product

1. Beauty Certificate
2. Previously untrained the pre requisite is An A & P course, which we send to the student to be completed and exam passed before the training day, and after the initial training day, there are case studies to complete and return and in some cases retrain.
Tibby Olivier Pro.
More to follow shortly x

Thank you

I find it offensive to suggest that those who arent traditionally college trained therapists shouldn't be able to attend this course. Everyone must start somewhere and if SV is the chosen starting point for some then good on them for getting off their back side and investing their hard earned cash on their future. I find it insulting to Tibby Oliver as a company to suggest that they would allow substandard therapists to represent their brand.

Let your customers train if they want to do the odd thing as a sideline.if they're good enough then they will pass the course so good for them.

No one was suggesting anything just asking a question which wasn't being answered. Now the question has been answered there is no need to continue the accusing.

It is fair to ask questions and no one should have any problem with this. An answer has been given and minds put at rest so no more mud slinging please, lets just move on. I don't want to have to start deleting posts, lets just keep on track!

really confused ... have pm'd you re the lady im booked in to be trained by as she's not on the list!

kx

Also includes the Beauty School Warrenpoint Ireland/Eire

New rulings as of 1st April

1. Beauty Certificate
Tibby Olivier Pro.
The Beauty School Warren Point Newry

More to follow shortly x

I too am a little confused, I thought there was training available in Dalkeith Scotland, by Serenity Beauty and they advertise that they are Guild accredited and approved by yourself.

I too am a little confused, I thought there was training available in Dalkeith Scotland, by Serenity Beauty and they advertise that they are Guild accredited and approved by yourself.

No need for confusion, as Tibby Olivier has already stated, as of 1st April, the only official training academies in Scotland are The (Fingertips) Centres in Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back