The 'Secret' From PopIts Demo Manchester

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive spent the day practicing these im still getting air bubbles but not as many as i was, doing a full set on my mum tonight so trying my hardest to get it right! :irked:

could somebody please tell me what exactly a popit is? I've read alot of the posts in the sticky and still don't know what they are. lol..thanks!

Last edited:
i must admit when i first started doing poppits i felt like i was cheating but like all things they have thier place and our ladies that do lunch love them as they are so quick well now ive got the hang of them lol i do agree that they are not as easy as they first appear but like all new things practice make perfect i still perfere to do conture nails i do have a slight problem with poppits i and a few of my clients (not all )get a slight burning sensation i assume this is something to do with polymerization i have had a similiar sensation when i have had gel nails done but why is it happening with poppits and not when i do conture nails

Its well worth getting your friends to be guinea pigs telling them - there may be probs with them - and when you do get probs - you can work on why you had problems.

My friends looked great - but she has broken quite a few (straight away) - reason - too thin. (I mean far too thin) and perhaps a little too wet (it all went thin when I applied the popit. I need to iron this out.

xx

i must admit when i first started doing poppits i felt like i was cheating but like all things they have thier place and our ladies that do lunch love them as they are so quick well now ive got the hang of them lol i do agree that they are not as easy as they first appear but like all new things practice make perfect i still perfere to do conture nails i do have a slight problem with poppits i and a few of my clients (not all )get a slight burning sensation i assume this is something to do with polymerization i have had a similiar sensation when i have had gel nails done but why is it happening with poppits and not when i do conture nails

I am going to correct you just a little, as I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression.

Sometimes a client will feel the product go warm as it polymerises. It does NOT burn (even slightly) ... one can sometimes feel a warm sensation ... not unpleasant at all.

The warm sensation is the result of the exothermic reaction that happens with all polymerisation but that is not usually felt because you are working in small beads rather than one rather larger amount of product. Nothing to stress about in the slightest. In fact I find it quite nice.

i thought it was to do with polyermerization sorry if i gave the wrong impression to the burning sensation i didnt mean it as it sounded :cry: but as you say a warm feeling which i cant say i like but as it only lasts for such a short while its not a problem just wanted to make sure i was doing it right

Latest posts

Back