The 'Secret' From PopIts Demo Manchester

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maguire

Reaction score
:lol: I got the goahead to give the secret out ................

Here goes.......... Most techs are experiencing a ridge at the eponychium when using poppits, to eliminate this you may cut the skirt of the poppit by using curved scissors whith the curve facing outwards for easier use, then the poppit will lay flat against the nail eliminating the ridge on the finished nail.

Also Gigi has posted the pics on the posts for Manchester Glasgow, and others where Gigi did her demo's and my nails look fantastic.:lol:

:lol: I got the goahead to give the secret out ................

Here goes.......... Most techs are experiencing a ridge at the eponychium when using poppits, to eliminate this you may cut the skirt of the poppit by using curved scissors whith the curve facing outwards for easier use, then the poppit will lay flat against the nail eliminating the ridge on the finished nail.

Also Gigi has posted the pics on the posts for Manchester Glasgow, and others where Gigi did her demo's and my nails look fantastic.:lol:

Good Job Lynn but maybe just a little more detail might help too.

Here is one trick I shared with the hundreds of geeks that turned up to the demo days in Manchester, London and /Glasgow.

To have perfect refinement at the Eponychium and no lump, bump or ridge:

1. Hold the PopIt in your non-dominant hand (with your thumb underneath and and index finger on the top) at the free edge... with the curved side facing up and the eponychium end facing you. Now you can see exactly what you are doing!

2. Holding a pair of curved scissors in your dominant hand in the normal way. but with the curved side facing upward ...

3. Start to trim away the skirt, frill, pelmet or free margin portion of the PopIt, from the corner of the eponychium right round to the other corner making sure you round both corners as you go. Make sure you trim along the line where the 'skirt' hangs down, NO MORE.

4. The result should be smooth and rounded pretty much like the cuticle line of the natural nail.

5. Apply the PopIt as per instructions using a gentle pressure as you lower it onto the nail plate.

The finished result will be beautifully smooth and no bump.

:lol: Thank you I just mentioned on your Q&A post that I tried them on the nail trainer and it works just as well, and I did a good job, no bubbles no leakage quite perfect really even though I say it myself, I am really chuffed with myself:lol:

:lol: Thank you I just mentioned on your Q&A post that I tried them on the nail trainer and it works just as well, and I did a good job, no bubbles no leakage quite perfect really even though I say it myself, I am really chuffed with myself:lol:

Glad you learned so much at the PopIt day and that it is all working for you. Now have a go on others and start making money with them!! Your first set will pay for your whole box of PopIts!! x

Glad you learned so much at the PopIt day and that it is all working for you. Now have a go on others and start making money with them!! Your first set will pay for your whole box of PopIts!! x

I am doing my first set with poppits to-morrow lunch time can't wait to let loose with them.

Have a safe journey home on Sunday.

ooooo this sounds like a brilliant tip,
I will defo give it a go thankyou Gigi ..and lyn, xx

Ohh Gigi my daughter thinks you look like linda lucadi !! hows that for a compliment :green:

AWESOME!!

Will give this another crack tonight, since I need to do a refill due to the lifting I suffered with the first attempt on my own nails.
Will keep everyone posted (I do gel, and had seepage issues....)

Gigi,
Do you foresee the poppits being 'changed' to reflect this need to trim, so that we'll no longer need to trim?

Thx again
:hug:

i only have a sample of the popits and have not done a full set.

what is the skirt bit actually for ????????

i only have a sample of the PopIts and have not done a full set.

what is the skirt bit actually for ????????

It gives the nail a free margin. The 'skirt' lies flat on the nail so the product does not seep under the 'skirt' ... not if you do it correctly anyway!! It is a unique feature of PopIts ... however with this method I have had NO seepage at all ever.

Do you foresee the PopIts being 'changed' to reflect this need to trim, so that we'll no longer need to trim?

NO, I don't. It is only like pretailoring a tip. No big deal.

It gives the nail a free margin. The 'skirt' lies flat on the nail so the product does not seep under the 'skirt' ... not if you do it correctly anyway!! It is a unique feature of PopIts ... however with this method I have had NO seepage at all ever.

ah, i see, justa sort of fail safe device so you dont get it on the skin.
thankyou.

So do you only trim the rounded cuticle area of the skirt..Not up the sidewalls too,
Or does it depend if you mabey need to take a little off for a certain nail would it still be ok,
It would help me with the inbetweeny sizes,
I have odd middle nails lol, they are inbetweenies,(fan shaped too)
So to use a bigger size and trim a little would be cool if it will be ok to do so.

Just making sure I am doing it right..
x

I saw Gigi do this at the ExCel Popits Demo and have since tried them again on myself and one other and the result is so different from before! Very natural looking with no lifting at all.

It's amazing how much more you can learn from watching than just reading, isn't it?:)

I saw Gigi do this at the ExCel Popits Demo and have since tried them again on myself and one other and the result is so different from before! Very natural looking with no lifting at all.

It's amazing how much more you can learn from watching than just reading, isn't it?:)
very much so hun.
I struggle quite a bit picking up anything i read, the brain just doesnt want to know lol,
but if i see or say .it go's straight in .

So do you only trim the rounded cuticle area of the skirt..Not up the sidewalls too,
Or does it depend if you mabey need to take a little off for a certain nail would it still be ok,
It would help me with the inbetweeny sizes,
I have odd middle nails lol, they are inbetweenies,(fan shaped too)
So to use a bigger size and trim a little would be cool if it will be ok to do so.

Just making sure I am doing it right..
x

Its perfectly ok to trim a popit to size.

I asked Gigi this as the smallest was too big for my little finger and she said trim to fit!

:green:

I have done a few sets (not delighted with them so far but working on it)

I am noticing the thumb sizes for most dont seem to fit around the eponichium area (little gaps) even if I pre-tailor I cant seem to get an exact fit.

I know it just me - but the thumbs are giving me a headache (the popits seem too rounded and most thumbs are more square). Is it just me? So befor I apply the popit I apply a little l&p to the areas that wont get covered with a popit.

Apart from that - I quite enjoy doing them but need a bit extra work.

xxx

I have done a few sets (not delighted with them so far but working on it)

I am noticing the thumb sizes for most dont seem to fit around the eponichium area (little gaps) even if I pre-tailor I cant seem to get an exact fit.

I know it just me - but the thumbs are giving me a headache (the popits seem too rounded and most thumbs are more square). Is it just me? So befor I apply the popit I apply a little l&p to the areas that wont get covered with a popit.

Apart from that - I quite enjoy doing them but need a bit extra work.

xxx

If you push very firmly the PopIt up against the eponychium of the thumb when you apply, the eponychium will take on the shape of the PopIT instead of the other way around. My eponychium shape is more square on my thumbs and I have no problem rounding it out with the PopIt.

I think you will just be making work for yourself by putting product on first and then applying the PopIt. You will have to do some buffing and that is not the idea wth PopIts. Have you seen a demonstration yet?

If you push very firmly the PopIt up against the eponychium of the thumb when you apply, the eponychium will take on the shape of the PopIT instead of the other way around. My eponychium shape is more square on my thumbs and I have no problem rounding it out with the PopIt.

I'm so glad I read this :green: sometimes all you need is a little reminder/clarification of what is needed! I had been wondering the same thing - you are a star Gigi :hug: thank you xx

BTW Peter Pan I believe posted a picture of a PopIT, with arrows pointing to the skirt - I will see if I can find it and add the link!

ADDED as promised

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/63390-pictures-actual-popits.html

Last edited:

I think you will just be making work for yourself by putting product on first and then applying the PopIt. You will have to do some buffing and that is not the idea wth PopIts. Have you seen a demonstration yet?

Sadly no...I tried to get to the first one in Leeds but was too busy.

Your not passing through Sunderland by any chance are you? (LOL!!!!)

Had another go today - and the thumb did perform better (now that I know its my pressure)

It isnt as easy as it looks - its about getting the amount of l&p right, the right size forms, the right pressure and the right technique.

I am convinced that this technique is fab but not ANYONE can do this - it still takes various amounts of skill.

I went straight into the pink and whites - I dont know if this is harder (I had a few probs with white but keep tuning into these pages to read about the questions and have sorted it).

When they are applied right they are amazing. I am enjoying the challenge.
xx

Sadly no...I tried to get to the first one in Leeds but was too busy.

Your not passing through Sunderland by any chance are you? (LOL!!!!)

Had another go today - and the thumb did perform better (now that I know its my pressure)

It isnt as easy as it looks - its about getting the amount of l&p right, the right size forms, the right pressure and the right technique.

I am convinced that this technique is fab but not ANYONE can do this - it still takes various amounts of skill.

I went straight into the pink and whites - I dont know if this is harder (I had a few probs with white but keep tuning into these pages to read about the questions and have sorted it).

When they are applied right they are amazing. I am enjoying the challenge.
xx

Glad you are having fun with them and what you say is spot on.

To do anything well requires the correct techniques and trial and error. Seeing a demo makes things much more clear.

Once you acquire the skill then any result looks better and lasts longer too.

Have you done a video yet - or when is the next demo's?

A demo would do me well - as I am really doing this 'blind' . I think once I see it being done - everything else will click into place.

Latest posts

Back