These flippin' Nail art canes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIRNAK

Reaction score
ARGHHH!!! How do you get these things to lay flat or mould to the nail.

I've just done a lovely apple green L&P and added the fruit canes inbetween (thin layer acrylic, added canes,built up apex etc).

I was getting all excited thinking how good its gonna look and now I have a watermelon chunk on the edge of my nail. Not a good look!!

Will heating them before help?
How do youn heat them? Can I do it under the minx lamp? or microwave?

Help me out girls!!:irked:

Hi, They need to be nice and thin to begin with, then if they are still not flexible enough you can heat them, I have read allsots of ways to heat them from hot water bottles to ovens but I would think your minx lamp would do the job, I think its a case of just try it, I would def give mine a go next time I do some. I have seen a thread on here to help with the slicing and how thin they need to be if you do a search for fimo then I think it will be there. hth. Cx

Thanx Claire,

I got some ready sliced samples in the post so when I order some ill slice them myself and experiment a bit. x

Ive had the same trouble with mine i brought them pre-sliced but ive found that some of the slices are too thick and wont lay flat:mad:

I carefully bend them a bit around the end of my brush x

Hi girls i did the same bought pre-cut ones and they were to thick so what i did was I got tow nail files that had a bit of life left in them and i put the slices on to one of the file and then with the other file i sandwiched the slice and filed it to thin it out. hope that makes sence lol.

hi
i have the same problem the canes dont seem to lay flat and they are
very thin i have ben useing canes for only a few months i have only ben doing them on other tech and i get them to lay flat

Hi there!

It was suggested to me by my supplier that you roll the cane in your hands to warm it up before slicing. This allows them to be more flexible and easier to cut.

Hope this helps!

Hi there!

It was suggested to me by my supplier that you roll the cane in your hands to warm it up before slicing. This allows them to be more flexible and easier to cut.

Hope this helps!

I just shove them down my bra to warm up...works evrytime :lol::lol:
:hug:

down the bra fantastic lol:green:

The secret here's to get those slices as thin as possible, that's why pre-cut canes are not recommended (slices are usually too thick and it's really difficult to slice a slice as they're so small).

So go after whole canes, precise cutting blade, practice and everything will be ok :)

Latest posts

Back