Toe Makeover!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Really sorry about the quality of the pics - my rinky dinky camera DIED and have to make do with a poop one at the moment,

pic one: nasty:irked:kicked off toe

pic two: a silk frame created 'roughly'

pic 3: gel cured on the silk...ready for buffing and shaping/excess silk was trimmed

pic 4 : end result

sorry they are bit blurred !

All nails done with calgel BUT can be adapted to any gel

amb x

Superb transformation Amber... well done :)

What colour of gel is it on the toe, its lovely?

it is a calgel colour, number 35

cool. good job. now i know where to go if i get a banged up toenail.
regards

Hi Minkus

They are so amazing and such a coincedence(excuse the spelling):oI to have half a big toe nail well 2 actually, i lost mine through an infection they are now starting to grow but its taking forever. I have been searching through past posts for days for solutions as to how to cover up my horrid toes and as the weather is slowly heating up i was getting a bit desperate, and i have a wedding to go to in a 2 weeks.

You have come to my rescue:).

Just one thing i need to ask is when you have placed the fibre mesh on you`re nail do you apply the gel, cure then remove access mesh or fit the mesh and trim then apply the gel(hope that makes sense).

Would be really grateful for you`re help as im getting v desperste and sweaty feet:lol:.

Loads of Love
Tina x x

thing is sometimes peeps have odd big toe nails too so a thin layer of silk can match them up !

Just one thing i need to ask is when you have placed the fibre mesh on you`re nail do you apply the gel, cure then remove access meshyou can do either way to be honest or fit the mesh and trim then apply the gel(hope that makes sense).

Would be really grateful for you`re help as im getting v desperste and sweaty feet:lol:.

Loads of Love
Tina x x

Thanks for that i know what ill be doing tomorrow.
Im so excited im gonna get my toe nails back...

Fab result Amb :hug:

Have recently had a go at sculpting with a form and L&P as 3/4 of my big toe nail fell off looked awful. You would never tell now though was very impressed with my self wish i had taken before pictures, Can now go on holiday and feel intact lol.

Ive always sculpted to acheive this, never thought of using silk!looks much easier!!

That's fanastic Amber!! xx

thats amazing hun, total transformation , how about a proper tutorial :green:

Great transformation Amber!

Beautiful as always Amb, thanks for sharing. xx

that is an awsome idea i never thought of putting a fabric piece down before the gel and since gel isnt very durable anyway thats a greatt way to add strength

thank u

Hi Amber,

Only just saw this ! Don't know how I missed it :smack:

Anyway, me being me and being very analytical, I was just wondering, the bit where the toenail is missing that you have replaced with silk and gel, won't water be able to get underneath there and cause greenies ??

I'm sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but as there is big "space" underneath the gel structure where there is no nail, it seems like water / moisture would be able to sit there quite happily getting up to no good .......

Marlise

Latest posts

Back