toe related. but bear with me!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's similar to what I have then it can be painful when trying to remove it, even after it's had a lengthy soaking.

Attachments

• underneath toenail.JPG
    underneath toenail.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 109
If it's similar to what I have then it can be painful when trying to remove it, even after it's had a lengthy soaking.
Yes that is what mine looks like too

This looks very similar to my hubby`s fingernail but is like it because of an injury to the nail!
I think it looks more fluffy than the pic......its so hard to describe!

I've seen this too on some people it is sensitive but others I've actually managed to pull bits of it out-how sick am I that I tried! I would love to know what it is too! :hug:

No..it's not scary.
It just is there, when you think you have done a fab pedicure.
Which you have of course...but it bugs you.
It's dead skin cells building up...not anything to worry about..honestly x

I've seen this too on a client in her 80's. I tried to file it initially but obviously it didnt work and I was too scared to try and cut it!!!:) I would love to know what it's called though.

Oh, and Amber!!!!!!!!! Please no more gross toe pictures!!:eek::lol:

Oh please, I just nearly throw my breakfast back up!! that will teach me to have my breakfast well geeking:lol: xx

Is there any 'cure' / 'treatment' for this?

Looks painful:eek:

Not that I know of... but... I haven't been to a chiropodist as mine isn't painful anymore.

The curvature/pincer shape of the nail used to be a problem and was very painful but not anymore because I keep it short and have the corners curved instead of cutting straight across, more of a 'keep it under control' kind of thing.

Hiya,

I have a similar thing to this on my finger nails, always have I think (I'm 26).

I'm sure I either read, or was told once that you can use cuticle remover on this dead/dry skin. I have tried it myself on my fingers, not toes, and it does seem to help. I just left cuticle remover on for a while and then gently pushed back, it did improve it a bit.

I have also tried to nip it off but it is very sensitive and I am scared of hurting myself or making it bleed so I leave alone unless it is with cuticle remover.:eek:

Hth's
:hug:
Sarah
xx

come on gigi!!!!
what do you think, ???????
im waiting for you, so i can tell my ladies!!

ps but thanks to all who have helped me on this thread!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mine is similar to Sandi's and it was painful in the beginning. My chiropodist has said its like a callus growing under the free edge which makes the pincer more pronounced. She said mine started with an ingrown toenail .. and what she does now (every 8 weeks) is file down the thickness of the nail and file the callus a little. It makes it more comfortable and stops the toe rubbing on the top of my shoe.

It seems it is a very common complaint especially with tight fitting shoes. Its odd really as I can count on one hand the number of times I have had a full shoe on this year, I always wear sandles or open mules. I must have done the 'damage' years ago when I used to be a little more 'stylish' sigh!!

I don't now if there is a name for it, but I have always just treated it as dead or dried up skin sort of an extension of the nail bed (dermis) which grows in little grooves hence the 'fingery' appearance. Solar oil regularly and often will help to keep it soft.

thankyou all soooooo much xxxx

Wow you don't half learn some new and undiscovered stuff on here its like star trek :eek:, trekking the fingers and toes universe , does it smell Spock ?
I dont know yet Captain , I am just looking at the pictures for signs of mini fungal explosions
which may release the foul nifty matter you humans call smell ,lol :lol: :hug: x

Wow you don't half learn some new and undiscovered stuff on here its like star trek :eek:, trekking the fingers and toes universe , does it smell Spock ?
I dont know yet Captain , I am just looking at the pictures for signs of mini fungal explosions
which may release the foul nifty matter you humans call smell ,lol :lol: :hug: x

Grossamundo!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back