tragic accident but let it be a warning to others

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyhacker

Reaction score
Wow! I'm so sorry to hear about this. Thank you for sharing the article with us. Hopefully it will stop something like this from ever happening again. Blessed be. xoxo

Goodness :cry: that's awful
I would have thought it would be more likely to have been caused by leaking petrol vapours from a spare can of petrol that may have been in the boot ,
or a leaking lighter vapours ,
I have never heard of peroxide on its own producing such flammable oxygen enough to make the air ignite ,

but thinking about it .... I suppose if the leaking bottle has filled the air with undetectable oxygen that it may be like smoking around an oxygen bottle.
My Deepest Sympathy's :hug: to her poor Parents and her Fiance and all her Friends and Family at having to cope with the very unexpected loss of such a beautiful young Girl , I am really sorry and very saddened by this awful accident.

I Just hope that a lot more attention and warnings are given to the beauty industry about carrying hydrogen peroxide and other beauty liquids around,

I mean we all do it sometimes .... when we ferry it to and from the wholesalers or for clients dont we ?...
I know I have , and we also regularly ferry about other highly flammable beauty liquids too in our cars that could cause these highly flammable vapours and gases to be released in to a small confined space if leakage occurred :eek:
I have seen plastic bottles of Hydrogen Peroxide bulge and expand when left in warm places which can eventually explode due to mounting pressure, as I said though ...... I just hope a lot more warnings are given out now so it won't happen again with any type of beauty products.

Dreadful story.

Part of the anti-terrorist measures is to report anyone buying large quantities of peroxide as it can be used for bomb making. The stuff has the potential to be lethal. It should always be stored in a cool, dark place.

We are all guilty of stuffing it in the boot on stock runs etc, but I do always check that the caps are on tight.

How terribly sad.

Most of my staff do private clients too so I shall be making them all aware of this tragedy :hug:

how dread full poor girl what a terrible waste of life and awfull way to die :cry: hydrogen peroxide was part of the plot to bring down aircraft over the uk

What a tragic story, sending my deepest sympathys to her family.
This as really bought it home how dangerous some of the chemicals we use in our industry. As a freelance hairdresser i obviously have to transport peroxide around in my boot, i keep all products upright in my work box and lids on tight (this will be something i make doubly sure of from now on) My work boxes are never left in my boot overnight and are then stored away in a cool dark place in my home. Is there anything else as a freelance hairdresser i can do or should be doing to take sufficient care when transporting hair related products around with me? x

Latest posts

Back