What are your hobbies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorella

Reaction score
Hi
Just wondering what everyone's hobbies are and how you got started in them? Eg, making jewellery, knitting, teaching fitness class. As im getting bored these days and need to take something up!!
Posted via Mobile Device

HOPING NOT TO OFFEND, BUT I HAVE A DAY JOB I WOULD NEVER GIVE UP, BUT I TREAT EYELASHES AND NAILS AS MY HOBBY, AND ALSO GET PAID TO DO IT , BONUS X:hug:

I must admit I do think of some of my treatments as hobbies just because I enjoy them so much!! BUT i can also see what you mean about wanting to do something different that maybe isn't to do with work!!

I like to doing art/drawing but I think thats down to whether you feel you're half decent at it or not!!
What about taking up a dance class of some sort? I did think of taking up bellydancing recently!! :lol:

I used to sing, had lessons & exams..

Errm yeah as i don't currently have a job i'd say beauty is a hobby 2 i think it always will be as i enjoy it.

I like making website's and promotional thing's for salon's e.g posters and stuff like
Double K

This is wht i use to show that off i do some work for other salon's also!
i love making logos for other companies so hopefully this will take off so i'd say photoshop & designing is another hobby!

And being obsessed with weddings!!LOL.

i think this will be a good thread to check up on every now and again to see what everyone get's up to i may find a new hobby myself.

I too have a day job. Nails and beauty were my hobbies before I found my inner geek. Now I'm working towards turning my hobbies into my day job.

I guess geeking is my hobby. My friend was going to give me a couple of books to read but I didn't take them as I knew I'd never get round to reading them.

If I've read all the recent posts on here I do a search on something and read all posts relating to that.

Maybe after a while, a good while, I'll want a change and go back to reading books but geeking is taking over ATM.
Posted via Mobile Device

I used to knit, Aran, fairisle, etc, then I took up horse riding and through that leather carving, then I discovered nails and waxing and spray tans and just lately I've started looking at makeup effects, I can't draw for toffee but give me a body and for some reason I can see just what needs to go where to get the job done, there is so much in the beauty world that can be done that I don't think I'll ever get board with it, even when money stops me from learning something new there is always a new aspect to a skill I already have.
Guess that makes me obsessed:lol: Speaking of obsessed, there's this place too:eek:

I am self employed full time but my hobbies include:

Training my German Shepherd Mr. Darcy
Racing my motorbike
Golf
Reading
Card making
Designing

to name but a few.....lol

I'm now a self-employed therapist, but beauty has always been my full-time job, and certainly never a hobby! As pursuits go I play violin & melodeon and dance with a border morris side (black rags & sticks for those who think morris is all hankies & bells!), other than that I write articles for various journals.

I am making time for Salsa Dance Lessons .... in a few weeks time, I dont really have any spare time for hobbies x

I feel incredibly lucky that I have made a career out of one of my hobbies (Nails!!!).

Other than that I love to read, but don't get much time for that. I try to make time for scrapbooking and I like to make little crafty things. I really love cooking, and trying new recipes. I'm experimenting with a bit of French cooking at the moment. We've just started a vegetable garden at home and use a lot of our own home grown veges/herbs to cook with now.

I really want to learn about cabinet making, I have a plan to make my own nail desk but I know I don't have the time for this anymore.

Here are my hobbies and how i got into them:
I play snooker-i used to play pool for the county and it just progressed into snooker.

I play cards every week-i play at my snooker club so that's how i got started playing cards.

I do quizzes-i used to get asked to join peoples quiz teams and i ended up doing a few a month. I do a monthy postal quiz called GBQ which i have done for the past 10+ years but am having a break from it for the moment due to lack of time!

I'm a complete bookworm-always have been!

I do cross-stitch-someone bought me a kit once and that started me off.

I geek -god knows how i started. Just stumbled across the site one day :lol:

I used to say nails but work in that full time now, still can't wait for my copy of scratch every month. Love geeking an often go on facebook but fb is becoming boring.

I love the 1940's an 1950's, my style is rockabilly, and I dance rock and roll jive and lindy hop (think jitterbug) with my boyfriend.

I also recently bought a 1957 bicycle which I made roadworthy, an am really enjoying riding that most days

I also try to fit in sleeping!
Posted via Mobile Device

Forgot to add I've just taken up knitting again, gonna make myself some tops from vintage 1940's patterns!
Posted via Mobile Device

I work full time in my salons, but the loves of my life are, of course, my persian cats!
Hence the name Persianista!
I have four furbabies
Jasper, my beautiful blue boy. The most polite cat you have ever met.
Leo, my red boy. always scruffy but the cuddliest.
Lily, my beautiful white princess.
Poppy, sadly deaf but the most comical of creatures. The baby.
My other pastime is hoovering........

As with others on this site I have to say nails are my passion & I am interested in anything beauty related,

I love to read, watch most things reality based, walk & groom my dog "Bailey Boo Boo". In my younger days I used to knit,crochet and make all my own clothes (my mum & grandma were both dressmakers - so I learned from an early age- I always wanted to be a fashion designer when I was growing up) and would kinda like to get back into it but ....... kids, work and then theres "Salon Geek" not enough hours in the day but maybe when the kids are more independent.

Geeking and cross-stitching for me but i haven't done much stitching since i started doing nails. I used to do cardmaking also but i sold it all on a car boot this year to make room for my home salon (spare room used to be a crafting room)

I do Latin and Ballroom dancing.... mainly Latin.
I am very lucky to have a fab teacher.
His name is Richard Marcel.
He performed on Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday... demonstrating Salsa.
:green:

Latest posts

Back