What is the weirdest thing you have encased?.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdskora

Reaction score
I am getting right into this encasing business...lol

I have been to my local suppliers.. ( tradgic at that).
Also to the local craft supplier ( better but not wonderful)..

What and where do you girls get your embedding things from and what is the weirderst... or coolest thing that you have encased into a L and P nail?

I am looking for help as i am brain dead..

I have done dried flowers but the little bugger dont seem to sit down real well.

Thanks
Mel

Absolutely anything can be used,
my way of thinking is,
if it will fit on the nail then it can be made into art hth :hug:

I would say the best thing I have encased is a skeleton leaf, the effect if fab but subtle at the same time, plus you can add to it to define the smile line etc. :)

I remember some nails that emmysbabes did and she had encased some quality street wrappers on the free edge,
they looked great.

Feathers are very fiddly (sp?) but really effective.

How about some sewing thread? Just an idea that popped into my head just now, so no idea if it would work. Could use it to make random lines of colour.

If the flowers are causing a few probs, why not put a teeny amount of glue on the back of it, before placing on the nail, that should hold the little blighter down!
I've not done anything exciting, but I've seen buttons encased. Once, whilst at a wholesalers, watching a woman from Odyssey Nail systems doing a glitter demo, a girl came rushing up to her and gave her a dead butterfly & the tech was really excited about encasing the butterfly wings into some L&P:eek: - not my thing.
I inadvertantly encased a small fly onto a clients nail once, didn't see it until I buffed - she said -Cool, leave it:eek::lol:

If the flowers are causing a few probs, why not put a teeny amount of glue on the back of it, before placing on the nail, that should hold the little blighter down!
I've not done anything exciting, but I've seen buttons encased. Once, whilst at a wholesalers, watching a woman from Odyssey Nail systems doing a glitter demo, a girl came rushing up to her and gave her a dead butterfly & the tech was really excited about encasing the butterfly wings into some L&P:eek: - not my thing.
I inadvertantly encased a small fly onto a clients nail once, didn't see it until I buffed - she said -Cool, leave it:eek::lol:

thats cool bev, just like amber with stoneage bugs in :lol:

Re: dried flowers. Try wetting them with your monomer first. They're a little more user friendly then

hth
xxx

(And I am SOOOO gonna try that sweetie wrapper thing!!)

Dare I mention it, we didn't end up in hospital but it turned out ok in the end loooool :smack: :irked::irked:

Bev, you sooo know that was your subconcious being arty!!:lol:

When I used to go to NSS's (about 4 years ago), this lady accidentally glued her skin onto my nail, and then she ripped it off. She went ahead and encased the partial skin still glued onto my nail with l&p, so I had a part of her with me for a few weeks :/

I know, I just had to share it :lol:

Money was my thing for a while in straw nails

In gel-resine (aka tip & dip) and in UV Gel, so far I have encased:

Feathers
Sand
Flowers
Pictures
Miniature nuts and bolts from eyeglasses ('heavy metal' themed stilleto nail that went all wrong for a comp here on geek LOL)
Rhinestones
Clover-leafs for st patty's day
Water with a mother of pearl fish
Foils
Fabric
Cause Ribbons
Googly-eyes
Crushed shells
decals/logos
L&P shapes in the uv gel
3d decals (for longevity)

Nothing overly strange, but until I sat and thought about it, I hadn't realized how many things I had encased in UV Gel :lol:

those are some great idea.. thanks..

Where can i look at those sweets nails. ems did?...
I guess anything that fits on a nail would look great..
Thanks for the tips about wrtting the flowers a little.. that should help a little.

Keep those ideas coming....

YUCK... skin from a NNS... that is sooooo weird....LOL

X Mel

Have a look in ems album for them,
if there not there send her a PM and her where they are, im sure she will show you it :hug:

you can also add
flat shapes, beads, charms, cracked ice, laser strands and much much more i agree with the concept if it fits on your nail you can make it art

you can also add
flat shapes, beads, charms, cracked ice, laser strands and much much more i agree with the concept if it fits on your nail you can make it art

DITTO!
I'm always looking at things, and asking myself "will it fit?"
:lol:

the weirdest thing I have ever encased was live ants, just like an aquarium nail, but put live ants in it.:eek:

the weirdest thing I have ever encased was live ants, just like an aquarium nail, but put live ants in it.:eek:

And where's the video for that one!!!

Don't know if I've encased something weird, but leather, ribbon, gift wrapping paper and lots of other things...

i cant say i have ever incased anything weird but from what i have read in that russian forum, people incasing everything that can be encased:eek:

examples

charcoal from cigarette filters
tea
crushed egg shells
crashed gems
crashed christmas tree bobbles
sand
bits of napkin
materials and coloured paper
foils from cigarette boxes
small bits of mirror

and other crazy things:eek:

as much as the imagination can go, but i think there should be limits as per what should be encased. to my opinion certainly not food!

:hug:

Latest posts

Back