What was your hardest problem to overcome???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sknight

Reaction score
Mine was lifting at the cuticle and sidewalls and now I converted to EzFlow I am struggling again. I thought I had that issue licked but I guess I need a 121 if I don't fix it soon. What was yours?

Damnd devil papers aka nail forms....they hate me!!!!

Once they are on they're fine, no problem, but they stick to every thing...my hair my bum...everywhere :lol:

They're not going to win though :lol:

:hug:

I had a major problem with bubbles and white spots for ages! but one day they just - dissapeared ! ;)

its always been nerves with me.

i am not the type of person who can bumble along with a few key words and the rest bull sh*t.

adding to my knowledge with training and research is how i tackle this.
knowing what i'm doing provides me with confidence and the rest improves with it.

TIME!

Grrr! There is never enough

Timing, I take far too long. :/

Thinking about the liftng issue you are exeriencing though, could it be because you still don't have your mix ratio correct after your change to Ezflow? I'd bet money on it LOL xx

its always been nerves with me.

i am not the type of person who can bumble along with a few key words and the rest bull sh*t.

adding to my knowledge with training and research is how i tackle this.
knowing what i'm doing provides me with confidence and the rest improves with it.

I am just the same Susan, I am fine working on clients etc., but put me in a classroom situation and I seem to go to pieces. :rolleyes: It does my head in, especially when I know I can do it, but I am determined that this is not going to get to me, it's all in my mind! Where are the wee men in white coats! :lol:

Mine was to stop lifting. But once I read a few of the tutorials on here and had some great advise from other geeks, it stopped! My training with Creative also helped a great deal.
x

Mine has got to be the smile lines :irked:

oh - and the timings...I really need to pull my finger out and speed up my application time!

Timing, especially on rebalances. I got totally stuck until I went for a 121, went through everything from start to finish and voila! It halved overnight. :)

Mine has got to be the smile lines :irked:

oh - and the timings...I really need to pull my finger out and speed up my application time!

Ditto for me... :irked:

Consistency and ratio. I prob still havent actually over come the consistency with smile lines some days fab some days :rolleyes: Ratio I have nailed but it took ages for me to pick up the correct bead for the job and sometimes I still pick up a golf ball for the pinkie!!!

Consistency and ratio. I prob still havent actually over come the consistency with smile lines some days fab some days :rolleyes: Ratio I have nailed but it took ages for me to pick up the correct bead for the job and sometimes I still pick up a golf ball for the pinkie!!!

Oh...Actually - add consistency and ratio to my list too....:irked: I still have days like those, so now we have

Smile Lines
Timings
Consistency
Ratio

Watch this list get bigger as the more geeks post their hurdles :green:

I still have one hell of a time with Pink and Whites.

I am never happy with the ones I do even though clients think they are fab. Part of it, as I've said before, is I despise white/whites (cos they look fake to me) and part of it is the whole issue with the mix ratio being different on the white then the pink. Now that I do it reverse its much easier as far as the mix ratio, and it also alleviates my stress about apex placement. I also have been able to convince clients to go for a more natural look and I do love doing that. I still haven't figured out why the white polymer seems to be such a bear for me (EZ Flow)....but I'm working on it.

I also have issues with tips. I'm not a tip kind of tech....but most people prefer it to sculpts (here) and it *is* quicker. Popits have made the tipping issues easier.

OMG everything really! lol when I first started it was getting a tip to stick....getting a tip to stick without bubbles....blending the tip....applying the product!! they were the nail trainer days...then when I got onto real people...application again....lifting and timimg mainly....nowdays....smiles...some lifting and trying to keep everything clean and tidy as I go along...sometimes I get in such a mess theyll be products polishes brushes you name it all over the flippin place....I need a 20 ft long table so I can spread everything out where I can see it lol

My biggest problem that ive had from day dot and still have and really gets me down at times is my timings....it takes me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggeeeeeeeeessssssss!! I keep telling myself it will get better but I just cant imagine being able to do everything I want to do within even 2 hours! x

oh thank god its not just me

my main problems now are the timing, lifting and air bubles and the smile lines...i can never get them all to look the same!!!!

better invest in some white tips
xx

I think timing also (we are all such perfectionists arn't we?)

I do all esthetics at my spa and I think it would be a lot easier for me if I had more gel clients (3 or 4 a day), but alas I only have maybe one a day or less since I am very busy with all other services (mostly skincare).

I need to be patient though, practice makes perfect :rolleyes:

Mine was lifting at the cuticle and sidewalls and now I converted to EzFlow I am struggling again. I thought I had that issue licked but I guess I need a 121 if I don't fix it soon. What was yours?

Maybe you're just trying to get too near hun?
You gotta know the way to get near enough but not too much...hard to describe...easier to show hun x
Keep checking your mix ratios so that you aren't working too wet...maybe??

Its lifting for me.I always dread them coming back but i seem to be getting there slowly. I feel great today as all my clients came back with mimimal lifting yipee!!!

"Smile Lines" but I invented my own way :twisted: lol..

You just cant practice enough in this industry, & the support & advice on this site is invaluable from fellow geeks...

Every time I have problem you can bet your a** someone has experienced the same... but its great to have the help & advice to sort it out.. :)

Gill
Sahara Nail Spa

Latest posts

Back